What to ask GRRM?

Daendrew

10 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Ask him if Ser. Pounce and Lady Whiskers will ever challenge Balerion for the supremacy of the Red Keep. That way you might trick him into officially confirming little Rhaenys'' Balerion is the monstrous black cat currently stalking within the Red Keep.

I like this one. 

I have a timeline question that I'd love to have answered. We first see the comet in Bran's last A Game of Thrones chapter when Maester Luwin sees it in the early morning. It appears quite more spectacularly in Daenerys's last AGoT chapter in which the dragons are born back into the world. My question is, are these two characters, Dany and Maester Luwin, seeing the comet for the first time on same day or about the same time? 

It would help in sorting out some basic timeline questions and syncing Daenerys's story to all the others in AGoT.

I'd also love to know who are the contemporaries of Maester Walys of Winterfell, Maester Kym in Riverrun, and Maester Cressen in Storm's End at Casterly Rock, and at the Eyrie?

And while we are contemplating maesters, who was the maester on Dragonstone while Rhaegar was the Crown Prince there? Perhaps Marwyn?

Lastly, and I know he won't answer this one, but I'd love to know if the lemon tree in Braavos was a gift from the Martell brothers?

Mr. Martin, I thank you and your assistants for approving my question.  Now that I am privileged to speak into the microphone [swarms of various securty types approach], my question sir is ---- "Do any of your ASOIAF characters time travel like Dr. Who?   OR is the approach you are taking in your books more along the line of  telepathy --- the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses --- as in magical mystical mental communication while in a dream like state?

37 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf said:

What does Dorne mean and where did the name come from? The rest of the 7K have descriptive names so Dorne sticks out like a sore thumb if you ask me.

It is the German word for "thorn." Part of the wordplay around throne / thorn / north, I suspect. 

Archived