What to ask GRRM?

Daendrew

12 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Was is Harry? Or Smalljon?

We don't know. Tbh, I'm more curious about Robert's Small Council. Who was Master of Coin before Littlefinger? Who was Master of Laws before Renly? Who was on the Kingsguard before Arys Oakheart? What role does the Master of Laws even play?

43 minutes ago, S. D said:

Can you ask if Renly loved Loras and his brothers. Cause he died a fairly unknown quality and I fear we'll never know :-( I think he did but I want to be sure. 

GRRM confirmed Renly was gay and that Robert loved his brothers in his own way a while back.

Please ask him where the hell Baratheon comes from? Is it the surname of Orys's mother? Her husband? A dragonlord family now dead and therefore unable to take offense? A Valyrian word that was given by Lord Aerion as a nickname that took on a life and meaning of own?

You could ask what will be the title of the second volume of Fire & Blood.

I originally thought that the books will be named "Fire & Blood: Volume One" and "Volume Two". But the first book seems to be just "Fire & Blood" without volume number. Maybe the second book will have a completely new title? Martin said yesterday in Not a Blog:

FIRE & BLOOD, the first volume of my history of the Targaryen kings, will be published on November 20.

I think I will ask him "how many children Duncan Prince of Dragonflies had with Jenny of Oldstones to see if he will pass on the question or not. The official tree shows that they didn't have any kids. But those kids would be legitimate Targs. I once theorized that Davos was a decdendant of Duncan but I don't think the years match up.

On October 26, 2018 at 8:40 PM, Daendrew said:

I have a ticket to see GRRM in Jersey City for the only ticketed event to promote Fire and Blood on 11/19. https://www.wordbookstores.com/georgerrmartin

There will be an opportunity to ask questions after his conversation with John Hodgeman. What should we ask him?

You are so lucky. I can't get away from school to go. 

I would ask how Daenerys knew she was the one to be able to bring back the dragons from dead stone? That is an amazing moment in the books. 

1 hour ago, The Wolves said:

Ask him if he is planning or planned to write more history books for ASOIAF like TWOIAF and F&B. Like a history book for the Starks, Arryns, Martells, etc... the great houses could fill up volumes alone. 

That's probably why the answer would be no. Seriously, how do you write a history for an 8000 year old dynasty like the Starks?

On 10/26/2018 at 8:40 PM, Daendrew said:

I have a ticket to see GRRM in Jersey City for the only ticketed event to promote Fire and Blood on 11/19. https://www.wordbookstores.com/georgerrmartin

There will be an opportunity to ask questions after his conversation with John Hodgeman. What should we ask him?

Has anyone reported back on this? What questions were asked and did we learn anything new or interesting from GRRM?

Well, my biggest theory that was fundamentally wrong but got some things right (so much so that D&D used it on GoT, apparently. :P) is the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory, aka GUCT, which posited that Littlefinger was behind a lot of the events of AGoT for the purpose of causing chaos. Most significantly, and centrally, and entirely wrongly, was the idea that he had arranged the attempt on Bran (that's the bit the TV show apparently decided to do, so my theory was right, just not for the ASoIaF canon :P)

It consumed the predecessor forum from ACoK until the release of ASoS. Lots and lots of pages going over it.

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Well, my biggest theory that was fundamentally wrong but got some things right (so much so that D&D used it on GoT, apparently. :P) is the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory, aka GUCT, which posited that Littlefinger was behind a lot of the events of AGoT for the purpose of causing chaos. Most significantly, and centrally, and entirely wrongly, was the idea that he had arranged the attempt on Bran (that's the bit the TV show apparently decided to do, so my theory was right, just not for the ASoIaF canon :P)

It consumed the predecessor forum from ACoK until the release of ASoS. Lots and lots of pages going over it.

You have any old stuff i can read regarding tinfoil thoughts for beyond where the books were at. Im interested in what thoughts you may have had regarding plans for Harrenhal, Sansa, and what his end game might be in the books. I completely hate the way he was handled in the last half of the show up to his final fate. I really enjoy the Youtube videos you and Linda used to do. You all still do some, but not so much discussion on theories. 

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

Ran, I'm going to build my courage and ask you here directly, especially since you worked on TWoIaF and probably know how invested George is stuff on Essos. Do you think the Exodus theory holds any water? The link to it is in my signature; it's a bit old and I may need to update it with new details and some textual references, but it should serve. Just don't go into the comments, as there are some references to the show.

You don't have to check it if you think it might spoil you too much, but on the other hand, if it can be shut down you would be the one to know.

Also, do you happen to know if anyone guessed that the Red Wedding (or something similar) will happen before ASoS was released? Or was it crackpot at that time that Robb might get killed?

Archived