What to ask GRRM?

Daendrew

On 11/25/2018 at 1:21 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

You have any old stuff i can read regarding tinfoil thoughts for beyond where the books were at. Im interested in what thoughts you may have had regarding plans for Harrenhal, Sansa, and what his end game might be in the books.

This is a mirror of the original eesite incarnation of this forum. In all the threads titled "the attempted assassination of Bran" you'll find all the ramblings about the GUCTs. Some of the original posts are lost now, but you'll be able to get an idea of what was discussed back then.

On 11/25/2018 at 1:45 AM, The Coconut God said:

Also, do you happen to know if anyone guessed that the Red Wedding (or something similar) will happen before ASoS was released? Or was it crackpot at that time that Robb might get killed?

Robb's death had been predicted by many. He was immediately connected with Dany's vision in the house of the Undying  (A feast of slaughtered corpses , with a dead man with a wolf's head sitting on a throne wearing an iron crown). Some predicted that the BOltons and perhaps the Freys would betray him.

But I don't recall anyone predicting that he would be killed in a wedding.

ETA: this thread from year 2000 theorizes about Robb's death before ASOS came out..

2 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

Robb's death had been predicted by many. He was immediately connected with Dany's vision in the house of the Undying  (A feast of slaughtered corpses , with a dead man with a wolf's head sitting on a throne wearing an iron crown). Some predicted that the BOltons and perhaps the Freys would betray him.

ETA: this thread from year 2000 theorizes about Robb's death before ASOS came out..

Thank you for the link, lots of interesting threads in there! From what I can see, people were divided between thinking that Robb was doomed and thinking that he was going to be a major player after the five year gap. His death and the Bolton/Frey betrayal were hinted at pretty heavily so it makes sense that people predicted them, it's just that I could never find any examples until now.

12 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

This is a mirror of the original eesite incarnation of this forum. In all the threads titled "the attempted assassination of Bran" you'll find all the ramblings about the GUCTs. Some of the original posts are lost now, but you'll be able to get an idea of what was discussed back then.

Cool to see Linda responding :)

Archived