Football: Attempting to stay ahead (in your) City.

A Horse Named Stranger

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Cannot wait for VAR. 

Watching the halftime replays there’s definitely contact, VAR wouldn’t have overturned it.

Having said that there’s not much contact, I’m still not convinced it’s actually a penalty.

ETA: That’s a half decent finish.

33 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Fuck Mike Dean and fuck Son, that cheating fuck. I hate this bullshit.

Come on man since when did a still shot prove anything? There was contact. Whether it's enough to send him down is open to argument but you can see from the way Ramsey's foot drags as it comes across his laces that he caught him.

Anyway, that Arsenal goal was niiiice.

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Come on man since when did a still shot prove anything? There was contact. Whether it's enough to send him down is open to argument but you can see from the way Ramsey's foot drags as it comes across his laces that he caught him.

Anyway, that Arsenal goal was niiiice.

The argument isn't very open to me. Barely scraping the top of the laces doesn't make someone go down and cry like a bitch.

10 minutes ago, Mexal said:

The argument isn't very open to me. Barely scraping the top of the laces doesn't make someone go down and cry like a bitch.

:lol: Every professional footballer on the planet is going down in that situation. Whether the penalty should actually be given is another question but come on, it’s hardly a surprise.

3-2.

ETA: Heh, not quite as good a finish as the previous goal.

34 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

He's had bad spells before, but this is worse than anything I can remember. I think we need to make sure we have a good alternative to him next season.

I don’t see it. He always inconsistent and he hasn’t had a good game today but he’s also the only Liverpool attacking player who’s looked like making anything happen today, both Firmino and Salah were worse for me.

Anyway, pretty meh overall, Everton were the better side. Having said that I’m not sure how Gomes clearly dragging Salah back in the box isn’t a foul.

Haha, get in.

That’s a bit harsh on Everton, even if we’ve had a decent number of chances and missed opportunities beforehand. 

I’m worried that we’re going down the same path as Utd last year: no attacking spark but still collecting lots of points with a solid defense and eking out just enough goals.  I really don’t want to follow them too far down that path.  A lot of Liverpool fans are less happy about this season than last, even though our PL points are much better this time.

We really need some alternatives to our front three because Firmino has been poor for a while and the other two are hit and miss. 

2 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I’m worried that we’re going down the same path as Utd last year: no attacking spark but still collecting lots of points with a solid defense and eking out just enough goals.  I really don’t want to follow them too far down that path.

Unless Klopp loses his mind and starts throwing hissy fits and falling out with players left and right then I don't think you need to worry about Liverpool going down the path of United.

Archived