Sign in to follow this  
Let's Get Kraken

U.S. Politics: One Wave, Two Waves, Red Waves, Blue Waves

7 hours ago, Altherion said:

I did not say that everything is normal

The irony is that you then spend the rest of this post trying to normalise everything. People are getting carried away! It's a tiny minority! Everybody was doing it! You never stop doing this shit. Just the same as you will never admit to doing it. In the same breath you deny it, you do it. And this is why the label 'gaslighter' fits. 

8 hours ago, DMC said:

I think this is a much harder legal argument than the way you're portraying it.  Most justices - even conservatives - wouldn't be caught dead writing such opinions.

Yeah, plus Trump and co don't give a shit about whether it would hold up or not.  This has Miller written all over it just trying to turnout the racist hordes next Tuesday.  I mean, maybe Trump trots out said EO when Mueller's investigation drops just for some smoke but they have zero interest in how or why it would or wouldn't hold up.  It's about getting bodies to the polls.

10 hours ago, dornishpen said:

The analysis I’ve read says they’re going after the “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” clause, claiming that undocumented people aren’t subject to the jurisdiction of the United States so their children born here aren’t citizens. 

I think there may be some serious problems with this argument in terms of how far it would reach and what the repercussions would be if undocumented people aren’t subject to jurisdiction. 

That argument is bullshit.  

Anyone inside the US, legally or otherwise, is subject to the Jurisdiction of the US.  The whole point of the 14th Amendment birthright clause was to make sure all former slaves were considered US citizens.  

Twisting “jurisdiction” into an exclusive rather than an inclusive statement flies in the face of what was being attempted with the birthright clause of the 14th Amendment.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

Trump is now tweeting that the caravan contains 'some very tough fighters' who 'fought back hard and viciously against Mexico... before breaking through. Mexican soldiers hurt.'

Portraying refugees as some sort of raiding party, presumably to pave the way for a violent response, is a new level of sick. 

12 hours ago, Triskele said:

This "credibly" thing is quite marvelous.  So we now know that there was no accusation, credible or otherwise, whatsoever.  And yet sans accusation the right-wing fever swamp passed this around and Frog Eater brought it to us.  Now unless we all die in a nuclear war the people behind this are in huge trouble.  

If you're Frog Eater does it ever occur to you to maybe be angry at the people that made you look like such a fool?  

I do think that Frog Eater deserves a perverse sort of thanks from a lot of you on here for this.  The story made it all over in good time, but getting to see it early with that post of his with the super serious quotes and then watch it blow up this quickly is an experience that's far more satisfying than just seeing a headline about the story later in the day.  

I dont give a shit about the accusations about Robert Mueller, and I dont look like a fool. I used the "credibly accused" because so many posters here on this board lined up to condemn Kavanaugh over his bullshit accusers, calling the accusations against him "credible", even though Avenatti and Swetnick have been referred for criminal prosecution, and when someone comes forward against Mueller, of course its bullshit as well. 

1 minute ago, Frog Eater said:

I dont give a shit about the accusations about Robert Mueller, and I dont look like a fool. I used the "credibly accused" because so many posters here on this board lined up to condemn Kavanaugh over his bullshit accusers, calling the accusations against him "credible", even though Avenatti and Swetnick have been referred for criminal prosecution, and when someone comes forward against Mueller, of course its bullshit as well. 

You do understand that there is nothing remotely credible about this Mueller plot, right? Can actual facts still get through the haze of white supremacy noise you bathe in, and be absorbed into your atrophied brain tissue?

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

You do understand that there is nothing remotely credible about this Mueller plot, right? Can actual facts still get through the haze of white supremacy noise you bathe in, and be absorbed into your atrophied brain tissue?

Of course there is nothing credible about it, just as there was nothing credible about the Avenatti/Swetnick accusations about Kavanaugh, but posters here were calling them "credible accusations". 

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That argument is bullshit.  

Anyone inside the US, legally or otherwise, is subject to the Jurisdiction of the US.  The whole point of the 14th Amendment birthright clause was to make sure all former slaves were considered US citizens.  

Twisting “jurisdiction” into an exclusive rather than an inclusive statement flies in the face of what was being attempted with the birthright clause of the 14th Amendment.

Oh totally, and flies in the face of the understood meaning of "jurisdiction" (like first day law school type stuff).  Because I sure as heck bet that the proponents of this ridiculous argument believe that the US has "jurisdiction" in the broad sense over undocumented persons.  

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

@DMC and I were talking yesterday about liberal vs. conservative marketing, and this is the one that has always bothered me the most. We’ve been getting killed for years as “tax and spend liberals,” and yet no one seems to be able to rebrand them as “spend and cut funding conservatives.” We’re the party that is actually fiscally responsible, and yet they get to claim it as a source of pride. It needs to change.

12 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Of course there is nothing credible about it, just as there was nothing credible about the Avenatti/Swetnick accusations about Kavanaugh, but posters here were calling them "credible accusations". 

This is fucking rich.  Even a bunch of sitting GOP senators agreed that Blasey- Ford was credible and did nothing about it.  This Mueller-Wohl shit doesbt even exist in the same universe, and the fact that you think it does is more telling than anything else.  

9 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

So when you said:

19 hours ago, Frog Eater said:

Robert Mueller is being "credibly accused" of rape

and posted a link to Gateway Pundit which alleged that very thing, you meant that these accusations are not credible, and that we should not believe them?  How were we supposed to know that?  Do you often post links to articles that you think are not credible, without explaining that you do not consider them at all believable? 

9 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Maybe someone has already preceded me, but in case not:

Not only will it be mentioned, it will accepted as ~ true.

We’re laughing at how obviously this lacks credibility, but that laughter shows poor recall. From Birthism to crisis actors to ‘the Russians ARE rigging it, for the Democrats!’ and on and on, somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 of the country has been affected by these obviously ridiculous claims. In large part because they will probably only read/watch and certainly only believe the FOX/Briebart version. And the effect will be somewhere between taken as 100% accurate to ‘shrugs, ah, they’re all just as bad as each other’ or ‘just goes to show how you can get women to say this shit about anyone, which is why I never believe any of it’.

We need to stop laughing and learn that it doesn’t have to be credible, it only has to be expressed.  

Well, it helps also if the President repeats it.

Kansas Men Convicted of Plotting to Murder Immigrants Blame Trump’s Rhetoric

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/men-convicted-of-plot-to-murder-immigrants-blame-trump.html

Now, two years since their arrest and six months after their convictions, the men are on the verge of being sentenced. And on Tuesday, one of their lawyers asked the court to consider Trump himself and the then-candidate’s hate-filled rhetoric when deciding how long Allen, Wright, and Stein should spend in prison.

“The court cannot ignore the circumstances of one of the most rhetorically mold-breaking, violent, awful, hateful and contentious presidential elections in modern history, driven in large measure by the rhetorical China shop bull who is now our president,” the lawyers representing Stein wrote in a sentencing memo.

Edited by Martell Spy

45 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

The words 'just as' have rarely been called upon to do so much work in a sentence.

The two situations are not in the least, tiniest bit comparable: whether or not your initial post made you look foolish, this one undoubtedly does. 

57 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

Swetnick is a real human who exists, was willing to sign her name to her accusation, and had corroborating witnesses, which are three things that your Gateway Pundit scoop don't have. There is no comparison. It must be so discouraging to be so bad at this.

Fuck off with these Trumpkin fever swamp links. If you treated physical hygiene the way you treat information, you'd be a kid who eats other people's boogers.

Edited by DanteGabriel

11 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Swetnick is a real human who exists, was willing to sign her name to her accusation, and had corroborating witnesses, which are three things that your Gateway Pundit scoop don't have. There is no comparison. It must be so discouraging to be so bad at this.

Fuck off with these Trumpkin fever swamp links. If you treated physical hygiene the way you treat information, you'd be a kid who eats other people's boogers.

Isn’t it about now where some conservative poster complains about being browbeaten and silenced, implies that this kind of behaviour is why Trump won...sidestepping issues like morality, ethics, the electoral college or the fact that almost all of the worst actions in human history were done by people who felt like they were the wronged party. Bigotry IS fear, it’s an articulation of fear. (So, too, is conservatism, but I digress.)