sadness ...

Yaya

it's saturday night and i ain't got my kindle
i can't re-read as my paperbacks have disintegrated away
how i wish someone had turned the device into
transit lost & found as canada post is on strike these days

i'm debating on buying a new one $$

ARRR - even more reason to be full of sad as winter is difficult in the north ...

? = paperwhite or oasis or stick with the kindle device is the question.

CORVO - do you use a Kindle device or other?  Hardcore paper fan?

That is sad @Yaya.  As distracting as ASOIAF is you will have to decide what to do.    I listen.   Have purchased all on audio.   You can take an audible purchase with you on just about any device.  I actually wore out the speakers on an iphone!   However, I have purchased the world book and ASOIAF books in electronic form over 2 platforms--it costs a lot less than physical books, but you can't really mark them up.   My friend has been giving me autographed books in hard cover the past couple of years and the world book is so pretty I couldn't resist.    All in all I wish I had at some point just got a good set of paperbacks, but audio has served me very well.  

How do you plan to collect Fire and Blood?   I've got it preordered on audible and reckon I will hit amazon for hard copies, but haven't yet committed.   The Winds of Winter will have to be published some day!  

oh my - thank-you @Curled Finger  for reminding me - I have pre-ordered my FIRE & BLOOD and it is set to be delivered to my lost device!   I'm going to have to get that adjusted ASAP!

Luckily the kindle reader app still works on the Windows platform so I can read through that method.

I must say - the quality of the world book is such that it is in GREAT shape after all these years.  That book is a work of art.

33 minutes ago, Yaya said:

oh my - thank-you @Curled Finger  for reminding me - I have pre-ordered my FIRE & BLOOD and it is set to be delivered to my lost device!   I'm going to have to get that adjusted ASAP!

Luckily the kindle reader app still works on the Windows platform so I can read through that method.

I must say - the quality of the world book is such that it is in GREAT shape after all these years.  That book is a work of art.

Good!   I imagine we will have much to discuss once we get a chance to read through Blood and Fire!  

Archived