NFL 2018 IV: A Hue, A Cry and now Goodbye

Bronn Stone

17 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Washington claimed Reuben Foster off waivers.

Winning off the field, am I right?

Scumbag organization is gonna scumbag.  Fuck those guys.  Not rooting for the Redskins this year has been treating me very well. 

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The hell happened last night?

I mean, what in god’s name happened?!?!?!?

It’s not like I was relying on Brees to carry me through Survivor or Ingram to get me into the playoffs in A league……..  

Makes me REALLY glad I forgot to set my pick 'em.  Only lost a point on that game.

29 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Makes me REALLY glad I forgot to set my pick 'em.  Only lost a point on that game.

Yeah, I dropped 10 last night. Normally I don’t bet big on the road team on Thursday night, but both teams played on Turkey Day so I figured it was like a normal primetime game.

On a different note, I just heard one of the most jarring statistics ever. Larry Fitzgerald has more career tackles (37) than drops (28)*.

*Doesn’t include 2018, but there’s no way he has 10 drops this year

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, I dropped 10 last night. Normally I don’t bet big on the road team on Thursday night, but both teams played on Turkey Day so I figured it was like a normal primetime game.

On a different note, I just heard one of the most jarring statistics ever. Larry Fitzgerald has more career tackles (37) than drops (28)*.

*Doesn’t include 2018, but there’s no way he has 10 drops this year

I remember being a Sr. in HS where if we had won our playoff game we would have played his team (we graduated the same year).  We watched tape of him and he was an absolutely BEAST.

56 minutes ago, The Lasr Storm said:

Dont know what to make of Dallas. Stunned their D shut down Brees, but the time of possession was really their key to beating the Saints.

Sitting here near Chicago, I know they have given real hope to Bears fans that they can play with and possibly beat the elite offensive teams in the league. Like Dallas, they too have playmakers on all 3 levels of the D. The Bears have a better offense though they don't have a player like Zeke Elliott. I think last night proved it's possible to shutdown these offensive juggernauts if you are willing to play physical and face the consequences of it. Dallas got called with a lot of defensive penalties and the officials missed a few big ones as well. But that might be a better alternative than playing soft coverages and just being destroyed. 

That said, the offensive gurus like Payton, McVay, and Reid will make adjustments. I also don't know if what Dallas did last night could be done to KC or LA. The Saints are more run-heavy and have only 1 big time receiver in Michael Thomas. Dallas was able to match up well with them with Byron Jones on Thomas and their two young stud linebackers able to both shutdown the run and dominate in the middle of the pass defense.

For as fun as that KC/LA game was, I still like to watch good defense. As a Cowboys fan, I know they are not a real Super Bowl contender but they are dangerous with a two things that play anywhere: defense and a running game. And that pick to Oakland isn't going to be a Top 10 like many people laughed it would be. 

32 minutes ago, Trebla said:

And that pick to Oakland isn't going to be a Top 10 like many people laughed it would be. 

Has the emergence of Amari Cooper wiped away the last "good" thing in Gruden's first year? Suddenly it's not that he conned a high pick out of Dallas for a bust receiver, but that they couldn't get anything out of a real player, and are getting a middle-of-the-round pick at best? And now the Raiders' future rests entirely on Jon Gruden's crappy drafting history...

3 hours ago, Trebla said:

Dallas got called with a lot of defensive penalties and the officials missed a few big ones as well. But that might be a better alternative than playing soft coverages and just being destroyed.

Ugh. I wish I could blame this on why the Saints lost. But tbh the officials did miss a couple of big Saints penalties as well towards the end.

It was getting annoying listening to that announcer crowing about how right he was that Sean Payton should've saved his challenges. Especially during that third down play when one dude's knee hit 2 yards short of the line, but the officials called a first.

Archived