NFL 2018 IV: A Hue, A Cry and now Goodbye

Bronn Stone

7 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

McCarthy fired.  I like how this thread started with Jackson being KO'd and ends with McCarthy getting canned. 

Symmetry!  Jets blew it at the end.  Totally jinxed it, dang nabbit.

I don't understand firing McCarthy at this point unless you think you have the next coach on staff and want to see what he can do, or, your team comes to you and wants McCarthy gone.

Lots of upsets again this week...

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

I don't understand firing McCarthy at this point unless you think you have the next coach on staff and want to see what he can do, or, your team comes to you and wants McCarthy gone.

You fire him if the team has quit on him, and the Packers (or at least Rodgers) sure seem to have. Just a couple of days ago Sports Illustrated posted a long article about how sick they were of each other.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Or....

.... you think McDaniels (or another head-coach-in-waiting) is available.  

Though I tend to agree with Dante Gabriel that if you think the team quit on McCarthy, you have to pull him.  

38 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Gives you a head start on searching for the next coach.  Once you fire your coach, you can start talking to candidates openly.  You can't do that when you still have your head coach under contract.

Archived