What is Jon Snow capable of: Protector of North, King of Westeros, Dany's consort or Hand of the King?

Just now, Starkz said:

Ok I’m done debating this, if you can’t accept what GRRM says I can’t help you. GRRM refers to him as a hero. It’s rather obvious GRRM is being general in his answer, not literal. It’s impossible for the comment “all”, ladies or fans to be true, whatever you want to believe. As I’ve already said, the question was about the story and GRRM first sentence referenced the books and continued to. If GRRM was referring to the show only, he would of said so in his answer.  

So you can't prove your interpretation.

You've not proven at all that the question was to include only the books - that's not qualified either way. Just because the Tyrion part was about book Tyrion doesn't mean that the rest was also. The interview switches back and forth.

Yes, it's technically impossible that literally all as in 100% of the ladies love him. That's not what anyone means by that and you know it. Changing "all" to "most" still doesn't make it work for book Jon.

As for the bolded, no, that's not a given at all. People switch back and forth between discussion book and show characters all the time. It happens so often, that it's a source of much confusion and aggravation on the forum. Also, that wasn't a serious character question which would require distinguishing the source. It was a light, fun and personal question thus only required a casual answer. No deep character analysis here.

14 hours ago, Sire de Maletroit said:

You're not asking me but I will answer anyway.  

I don't think Jon can learn from his mistakes because he doesn't want to change.  Repeat the scenario with the realm hanging in the balance and Arya on the other side.  Jon will choose Arya and the Starks over the safety of the realm.  He doesn't deserve to be in a position of power.  He's too partial of a person.  Putting wildlings in positions of authority over his sworn brothers without adequate explanation is beyond stupidity.  Killing a sworn brother over a petty argument while letting Mance off the hook for his crimes is craziness.   

How do know that he won't want to change, especially after what just happened to him. When did Jon put Wildlings in positions of authority over members of the NW? 

On 10/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Family. Duty. Honor.

Jon is more a Tully than Cat is!

Wrong priority for someone in a leadership position but I suppose it's fine for the average guy.  A leader should be Duty, Honor, and Family.

He and Cat are actually a lot alike.  Cat is a fire-raised wight.  Maybe Jon will be an ice-raised wight.   I don't really see any kind of reconciliation for these two, nor do I think the story calls for it.  It will not serve a purpose.  

Archived