I figured who will be prologue POV and what will happen in the last chapter

Kandrax

Everyone knows the pattern of prologues. Odd numbered ones take place Beyond the Wall, while even numbered take place in southern part of Westeros.

In the books 1&3 povs were Nigthswatchmen, but in the book five pov is a wildling their enemy, their opposite.

In the books 2&4 povs were maesters. Maesters are man of science. And what is opposite of science?

A magic.

We know that Jeyne Westerling will appear in prologue. And who is connected to a person that is connected to Jeyne and has magical abilities? 

Thoros of Myr

Of course this is only if prologue would indeed be rescuing mission. Someone expressed a doubt about it. Prologue could be from perspective of a septon, man of religion, from Westernlands.

About ending.

There is one thing that can be noticed about even numbered books. Book 2  beginns with a maester death and ends with a maester death. Book 4 beginns in Oldtown and ends in Oldtown.

If Winds prologue is really rescue mission, than it would involve Lady Stoneheart. By using pattern of even numbered books, last chapter will involve her, and it will be Red Wedding 2.0.

I like your idea of Thoros being the prologue POV for TWoW, unfortunately that would mean he would probably have to die, but hey I don't really think he has anything left to add to the story anyway. 

I'm not so sure about the epilogue being the Red Wedding 2.0. I agree that someone along those lines is going to go down, but I feel like it would happen sooner in the book. 

3 hours ago, Kandrax said:

We know that Jeyne Westerling will appear in prologue.

We do? :huh:

Is it possible, that prologue will be about a rescue mission, but it won't involve LSH? It could be about Davos, going to Skagos to get Rickon. And Jeyne also could be present there, because she also went there to save Robb's brother. Prologue can be either from Davos' POV, Jeyne's, or even Rickon's, and then one of them, or even all of them will die - they will be killed and eaten by cannibals, or sacrificed by those cannibals to some evil deities.

Or it could be about a totally different rescue mission - Brienne with Jaime going to The Eyrie to get Sansa, and it will be from someone else's POV, some insignificant character, like a guard at Bloody Gate, that will be killed by Brienne or Jaime.

Great topic.

I'm not sure how Thoros of Myr is connected to Jeyne Westerling, though.

I think Thoros may have a bigger part to play so is unlikely to be a prologue "red shirt" character. My reasons for thinking he is not ripe for death is 1) he won a melee in the Hand's Tourney, and 2) he was first of the wall at Pyke during the Greyjoy Rebellion. Tournaments foreshadow major conflicts between characters and champions become important characters. Maybe Thoros has already fulfilled that role by resurrecting dead people. Along with his "over-the-wall" status, though, I think he has more to show us: Ser Loras, Ser Barristan, Theon, Jon Snow and Ser Jorah are other "over-a-wall" characters. They get badly beaten and injured - to the point that others would have died - but they tend to miraculously recover. If a prologue POV is always marked for death, I suspect Thoros will not be our doomed narrator for Winds.

But I LOVE the idea that it would be someone with magical abilities or interests. Using that logic, I would nominate Lady Sybell Spicer, granddaughter of Maggy the Frog and mother of Jeyne Westerling as a possible candidate. Her major role in the plot seemed to be to manipulate Robb Stark into breaking his promise to Walder Frey, so she is sort of expendable at this point. She could help to put Cersei's flashback into new perspective, if she has knowledge of her grandmother's prophecy. She took Jeyne's crown, given to her by Robb and a match for the ancient crowns of the Kings of Winter, which made Jeyne very unhappy.

The Maggy the Frog connection is also leading me to ponder Jeyne Farman, the friend who was with Cersei and Melara Hetherspoon the night they went to Maggy to hear their fortunes told. Jeyne ran away and lived to marry and become a mother. But why did GRRM include her in the story, if she plays no role? Maybe she will resurface at some point.

4 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Everyone knows the pattern of prologues. Odd numbered ones take place Beyond the Wall, while even numbered take place in southern part of Westeros.

In the books 1&3 povs were Nigthswatchmen, but in the book five pov is a wildling their enemy, their opposite.

In the books 2&4 povs were maesters. Maesters are man of science. And what is opposite of science?

A magic.

We know that Jeyne Westerling will appear in prologue. And who is connected to a person that is connected to Jeyne and has magical abilities? 

Thoros of Myr

Of course this is only if prologue would indeed be rescuing mission. Someone expressed a doubt about it. Prologue could be from perspective of a septon, man of religion, from Westernlands.

About ending.

There is one thing that can be noticed about even numbered books. Book 2  beginns with a maester death and ends with a maester death. Book 4 beginns in Oldtown and ends in Oldtown.

If Winds prologue is really rescue mission, than it would involve Lady Stoneheart. By using pattern of even numbered books, last chapter will involve her, and it will be Red Wedding 2.0.

Prologues are lowborn and epilogues(Kevan, Merrett) are highborn. Good bet on Cat!

11 hours ago, Megorova said:

We do?

GRRM said so in an interview a few years back.

I think there is a chance that the prologue will take place at Casterly Rock. GRRM has said we will see Casterly Rock and Jeyne is heading there. If it is there then it maybe through the eyes of the Lannisters' maester. There is nothing that says we have to have met him before. If it is on the way to Casterly Rock, then I think it is more likely through the eyes of Forley Prester.

Hrm...sounds like another AFFC then.  I don't think I want to go through all 1500 pages (hours upon hours of listening and re listening) to get to this anticipated LSH revenge plot.  Red Wedding happened about half way through ASOS, so why drag it out?   I'm already impatient for news of all the characters, particularly Jamie and Brienne--and I'm hoping GRRM will make leaps in advancing the story in TWOW to where it could end in another single volume.  

I think it was last year some news outlet on the internet had this article about how it's entirely possible there never will be an end to ASOIAF.   The author tried to make me believe that the entire story has a satisfying end at the end of ADWD.   I'm still fighting with random phrases from the article that pop into my head.   

I figure there are roughly 450 people in Edmure & Jeyne's entourage from River Run to the Westerlands.   They will have to go west and south to their destination.   The last report of the BWB indicated they ducked into the marshes of the Neck.   We know Brienne solicits Jamie at Pennytree, much farther south and to the east.   The BWB appears to have splintered and I imagine they are in far more than 2 places throughout the Riverlands.  It's entirely possible they will become involved in Uncle Blackfish's rescue mission.   I just can't see it being Thoros' splinter group entangling in this one.  But LSH does want Jamie really badly and perhaps she isn't yet aware of Edmure's surrender of the castle?  Jamie could be very helpful in this.   

19 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

All those patterns are just random. George will choose the POV of the prologues for plot and narrative reasons, not to comply with some perceived parallel.

I think the only pattern in prologues and epilogues is the powerlessness of the narrator against greater odds.

Only two of the books have even had epilogues so I’m never sure why everyone is so certain Winds is going to have one. Prologue yes, GRRM has already mentioned that it involves Jeyne W. Not convinced we get an epilogue though. 

Also a good point mentioned that we don’t need need to know this character beforehand. In fact we only knew Chett and Varamyr before their prologues, Will, Cressen and Pate were all “new”

The prologue will be seen from a secondary character.  The main characters are Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, and Tyrion Lannister.  The prologue will not come from them.  It will be somebody like Arya.  A less important character just to get the reader back into the story after eight years of waiting.  

The last chapter will be the start of the Targaryen return to Westeros.  We should see Daenerys and her armies preparing to leave for Westeros.  

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Only two of the books have even had epilogues so I’m never sure why everyone is so certain Winds is going to have one. Prologue yes, GRRM has already mentioned that it involves Jeyne W. Not convinced we get an epilogue though. 

I'm sure we'lll get a prologue & epilogue, as theres still so much to be covered for the reader. they've generally been added to introduce new information, or places & people

Am one of the staunch hold-outs that hope to get treated to an Epilogue in the form of an Other or Benjen in The Heart of Always Winter / Far North. 

A Prologue in Essos is also possible, or to be specific, Volantis. George has his POVs placed very carefully in almost every important camp or Kingdom where things are going to happen. Chances are we may see a slave revolt led by the fire priests, the results of the election between the Elephants & Tigers and a change of foreign policy towards Daenerys

5 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

The prologue will be seen from a secondary character.  The main characters are Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, and Tyrion Lannister.  The prologue will not come from them.  It will be somebody like Arya.  A less important character just to get the reader back into the story after eight years of waiting.  

The last chapter will be the start of the Targaryen return to Westeros.  We should see Daenerys and her armies preparing to leave for Westeros.  

LOL. I think you're rather mistaken. Arya is a main character. She has more POV chapters than any female character and GRRM has stated she is one of the main characters (his favorite Female POV to write). 

Archived