College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

Thanks! Damn that win felt good. These guys look like new players under Hurley and I couldn’t be happier with how things have started. Just the energy and confidence, it’s like a total 180 from the last two seasons. Jalen Adams kinda struggled tonight too, which would’ve meant a blowout 9 times out of 10 in recent years. They outrebounded ‘Cuse by 14 and shot 12-21 from downtown. Love it.

Hurley is a wild man too, he goes crazy(in a good way) and the players seem to feed off it. Nice to have a respectful team again.

Carolina v Texas turned out to be a better game than I expected.  I have been very critical of Shaka at Texas, but they played a great game and held on at the end.

In light of the basketball team being ranked #22 (now #21) and the football team going 10-2, Buffalo has announced... they are going to start selling beer at the games. Just like a real sports team.

Actually, I don't know how common alcohol sales at college games are. I know a lot of attendees are alumni and locals, but it does seem a little odd selling alcohol at an event that is ostensibly intended for students who are mostly under age 21.

As for the team itself, after two beatdown wins, I was hoping they'd move up a little more in the rankings; but I really don't want to be greedy considering its the first time ever there. And any loss right now, other than maybe the Syracuse game, will cause them to drop out immediately.

Over the weekend, former UK signee and current Memphis signee DJ Jeffries says that if Memphis plays UK next year, the result will be like the Duke game this year.  :stunned: 

Meanwhile, Memphis under new head coach Penny Hardaway is 3-3, just lost to the College of Charleston, and has a brutal stretch coming up with games against Tennessee.

Penny has shown that he can certainly recruit at an elite level (at least with kids he already coached in AAU); has yet to be shown if he can just roll the ball out there on an elite level.  (Bit of an inside joke there as that's all Calipari is ever credited as being able to do...)

If you call yourself a college basketball fan, learn the name Ja Morant.

Racers lost by six at Bama last night.  He had 38 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists. If he had anyone that could finish a play at a high D1 level, he would have easily had a half dozen more assists.

So basically this is really gonna help just teams in weak ass conferences!? Long live the NET! 

Uconn beat a high school team yesterday and moved from 63 to 47. 

ETSU beat Georgia Southern and moved from 102 to 48. 

Michigan St. lost at Louisville in OT and dropped from 7 to 24.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

So basically this is really gonna help just teams in weak ass conferences!? Long live the NET! 

Uconn beat a high school team yesterday and moved from 63 to 47. 

ETSU beat Georgia Southern and moved from 102 to 48. 

Michigan St. lost at Louisville in OT and dropped from 7 to 24.

And encourage strong teams to schedule shitty teams they can run the score up on during their non-con.

Definitely been enjoying the B1G-ACC challenge the past two nights.  Most of the matchup have been pretty even.

This 30 for 30 on Bob Knight has served to remind me of the myriad of reasons why this man is such a singular piece of shit, and a stain on not just college athletics but sports in general. When the world is finally shed of him it will be a better place for his absence. 

Archived