College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

Rough loss to Marquette. A loss on its own wouldn't be too terrible, its hard to win tough back-to-back road games like this; but losing by that much in the second half does not look good.

Unless Marquette is secretly amazing; and they might be, this is there 3rd top-15 win or something like that.

Had to juggle my schools on multiple devices.  Murray v Auburn was a great game. Ja Morant went for 25-8-7.  Racers went scoreless for almost 7 minutes in the second half though.  Can’t do that and expect to win.

Then what can I say about the Cats?!!? Helluva game and Ashton Hagans dominated it with his defense.  I was afraid we might go 0-3 in the UNC-@UofL-@Bama stretch; but now I have hope for the season.

Lets go!

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

That's very impressive.  Props to the creator.  

So sorry y'all to post about UCLA yet again, but they just lost at home to Liberty by 15.  Try if you can to imagine Duke or UNC or KU or UK losing at home to Belmont and to Liberty at home.  What a spectacular embarrassment.  I reiterate that it's actually paradoxically a story how much this is not even a story.  If this happened to any other one of those programs it would be an SI cover story and at UCLA y'all are mercifully spared of the whole thing but for me.  

I know the opinion of Bruins Nation... but what will really happen?  Alford get canned or no?

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

@S John thought you guys had that one last night

We are terrible.  I was surprised it was as close as it was.  Tech will probably blast us in Lubbock.  I've watched every WVU game that's been televised and a couple of those viewings have been an exercise in masochism.  There's talent there, but there's also youth and nagging injuries.  The older guys on this team (looking at you, Ahmad) have just not stepped up enough to overcome the overall inexperience and in fact are often contributors to bone-headed, sloppy play.  It's just been difficult to watch.  We'll eke out some conference wins but anything near .500 in conference will be a miracle.   

43 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I saw douchebag extraordinaire Bill Walton thinks Barack Obama should be the next coach of UCLA. This fucking guy...

Condi Rice for Browns head coach and Barack Obama for UCLA... clearly the way to sports success is through politics. :lol:

Bout to head out to WVU @ UT.  Second UT game of the year (went to the Providence game) and first WVU.  Sometimes I try to catch WVU @ Baylor but we suck so bad this year I don’t think I’ll make the drive.  

there’s usually a pretty good showing of WVU expats in Austin but this year I could see being more of a lone wolf in my WVU gear due to WVU looking pretty awful and all - so if you see a WVU guy in the stands it’s probably me.  Hoping I get to witness a road W, but I don’t think we’ve got an answer for Jaxson Hayes without Konate.  Maybe I’ll get lucky and he suits up tonight.

6 hours ago, Triskele said:

Lol - I'm headed to a birthday party tonight where I think there will be games on though I figure most TV's will be on the NFL game.  If this one is on I'm definitely going to have my head on a swivel. 

Cal sucks, but UCLA beat them by 15 today continuing the successful mutiny against Alford.  Two comfortable, double digit wins in a row after an abysmal four game losing streak.  

Haha, well, there were a decent few of my WVU compatriots around so I doubt I made the cut on TV.  I had my dad looking too and he didn’t report any sightings. 

I was reflecting today that I think I’ve been to WVU @ UT for basketball 5 years in a row.  A few of those years, notably last year, I’d say 35ish percent of the crowd was WVU people.  Today probably closer to 5%, but still a good time.

I’ve been to many UT games in football, basketball, and baseball since I’ve been in Austin.  I cheer for the Longhorns as long as they aren’t playing WVU (mainly because my fiancé is a die hard UT fan), but between football and basketball I’m getting close to maybe 10 ‘away’ fan experiences as a WVU fan in Austin and I have to say there’s only been one time when I’ve caught any shit whatsoever.  People just completely leave me alone and I appreciate that.  If there is a comment it’s never hostile and rarely negative.  I have to give some credit to the fans of what has become my secondary team in football and basketball for not being dicks.  Fuck y’all for beating the Mountainees today,  but A+ for behavior.

Slightly off topic, I’m going to be in LA the week after next and I was thinking it’d be really cool to go to a UCLA game but they aren’t in town while I’m there.  I’m going to be there for a work training so I’m not quite sure what my evenings will be like anyway but I was hoping it’d be something to keep in my back pocket in case I had free time.  According to google maps I’ll only be 20 min from UCLA.  I’m sure I’ll be out again.  Maybe next time.

What a difference quality coaching can make. 

Ole Miss has quietly started out 11-2 (with essentially the same core of guys as last year's team) and opened conference play last night with a 10-point road win against a pretty decent Vandy team. The difference in fundamentals and in-game coaching is night and day with Kermit Davis. I still don't really expect this team to grind through a tough SEC schedule with enough wins to make the Tournament. Depth will likely be an issue before the end. But hope for the future is at its highest point since the 90s. 

Archived