College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

49 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Neat little map.

I don't think I recognized that our game(s - hopefully) will be in SLC, that is quite the trip for Auburn...

Kind of crazy to see California chopped up between St Mary’s, UC Irvine, and Nevada.  None of the big schools you’d expect to see.  No PAC 12 from California in the tournament.  Wonder if that has ever happened before.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:37 PM, Ded As Ned said:

I have renewed the Westeros bracket challenge on Yahoo for anyone interested in signing up again.  Here's the link:  https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/43200/invitation?key=6ee90086e183f562&soc_trk=lnk

Password is "GRRM"

Bumping the info if anyone hasn't signed up yet (and wants to).

14 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It must be nice(kicks ground and walks away with head down).

I filled out my bracket last night only to learn that my school was in the Duke division, and that even if we win the first game, we get Michigan State in the second round. Looks like it will be a short dance. Damn you Bobby Jackson for getting my hopes up as a kid.

17 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Good point, and the more I read about NMSU the more convinced I am that they are the most likely 12/5 upset pick regardless.

I'm skeptical of that.  Marquette was falling apart at the end of the year, losing 5 of their last six games, including against tournament no shows like Georgetown and Creighton. 

In contrast, Auburn has been playing really well of late.  I agree it looks like a bad matchup, but don't sell yourself short. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I filled out my bracket last night only to learn that my school was in the Duke division, and that even if we win the first game, we get Michigan State in the second round. Looks like it will be a short dance. Damn you Bobby Jackson for getting my hopes up as a kid.

VCU has it worse.

3 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

The funniest part of the map is that mighty Duke controls like...3 counties.  :lol: 

I like how large the counties are in Alaska.  Didn't know that, but it certainly makes sense.

10 hours ago, Triskele said:

Was way overdue for a vacation day and couldn't get both Thursday and Friday but am getting Friday which has me grinning.  Can't wait to get off Thursday night.  Hate being at work on that first Thursday but have had to deal with being at work both days in years past, so I can't complain too much now. 

I usually try to take off both days if I can, but I've got a work obligation I can't avoid on Thursday. Thank goodness my team doesn't play until Friday morning. I'll be working from home that day (yes, legit working, except from roughly 11:40 - 2:00 PM central). Basketball isn't my favorite sport overall, but this weekend is my favorite sporting event every year. 

On 3/19/2019 at 10:08 AM, Maithanet said:

I'm skeptical of that.  Marquette was falling apart at the end of the year, losing 5 of their last six games, including against tournament no shows like Georgetown and Creighton. 

In contrast, Auburn has been playing really well of late.  I agree it looks like a bad matchup, but don't sell yourself short. 

i share bronn's distaste for a really fucking terrible draw but we are playing some good basketball right now.  If we come out of this bracket then everyone will want to play for pearl but we won't.  What we have done is get there for two years in a row; which is basically unheard of.  and that is something i can be happy with; feel optimistic about.  Wiley HAS to come back another year and other players are doing so out of the new GP.  

there is a HUGE place for role players in the NBA.  its gotten that close.  that is exactly what 4th and 5th year seniors provide.  its a thing, IMO, and we are gonna be loaded with them next year.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

On 3/13/2019 at 6:37 PM, Ded As Ned said:

I have renewed the Westeros bracket challenge on Yahoo for anyone interested in signing up again.  Here's the link:  https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/43200/invitation?key=6ee90086e183f562&soc_trk=lnk

Password is "GRRM"

Bump for the other last minute pickers.

The Sons of Ned have filled out their brackets for a 2nd year... they've gotten better but some of their choices are.... entertaining.

News out that Kentucky will be without PJ Washington for today's game (and hopefully ONLY for today's game!)  ugh

Well, I got Minnesota over Louisville right; so that's a good start. My bracket will never look so good again; especially if FSU shits the bed against Vermont.

However, brackets mean nothing; upsets are everything.

Archived