College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

5 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

This Murray St team is ridiculously fun to watch. 

Morant may be the best passer I've ever seen at the collegiate level. Utterly absurd how easy he makes it look. 

Unreal game by him. His basketball IQ is off the charts. Absolutely posterizing that dude too. I was hyping him up to my dad all week and he did not disappoint.

Morant has presence.  I don't even know how to describe it conceptually let alone operationally, but it's clear he understands the game faster than almost anybody else.  Very few players have this quality, and it's an insanely valuable quality to have.  He's the best 1 draft-wise since Chris Paul.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Morant has presence.  I don't even know how to describe it conceptually let alone operationally, but it's clear he understands the game faster than almost anybody else.  Very few players have this quality, and it's an insanely valuable quality to have.  He's the best 1 draft-wise since Chris Paul.

Yup, always one step ahead. He actually should’ve had a few more assists too but his teammates(who did play great)seemed a little behind in what he was trying to do- which will obviously happen a lot less in the NBA. I can’t wait for the draft lottery(May 14th). 

I think I mentioned it here, but I went down to Murray for the final home game against Austin Peay.  At one point midway through the second half, my friend and I both said Morant hadn’t done much that night... then I looked at the scoreboard and he had 21 pts 8 assts.  He ended the game with 27 and 13.  But he just made it all look so effortless!  Just like yesterday when he filled the stat sheet but only took 8 shots.  He’s a natural.

@RedEyedGhost will be glad to hear of the news out of Vanderbilt.  He has been wanting a Drew in Lawrence for a while.  So if Self does leave, he’s covered!!!!

Also, here’s another ‘fuck you’ to the NCAA for starting the games on the east coast at 2 instead of 12. Which meant that after the first session ended(Murray St. game), the entire stadium had to leave and come right back in after standing outside in absurd lines for at least 30-60 minutes... all while the Nova game started. Genius fucking planning assholes.

Usually there is like a 2 hour window in between sessions, like when I went to Dallas last year. But not here for some ridiculous reason. It was basically thunderdome outside as session 2 peeps had been waiting to get in for however long, and us people who just left and had to go right back in didn’t know where to go. Families were accidentally cutting lines and getting absolutely berated for it. Some Nova fans missed the entire 1st half. Just a shitshow all around. 

23 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Oklahoma is taking Mississippi out to the woodshed.  This is the most lopsided 8/9 game I can remember. 

National embarrassment is the shared culture of Ole Miss sports fandom. Somehow we always seem to find ways to look as horrible as possible in front of the greatest number of viewers. At this point things like this are no longer surprising or even especially affecting. It's a certain brand of ennui that's uniquely ours. 

Seriously, the first half performance was so pathetic that I don't even recognize the team I saw out there. Like a bastard amalgam of (prior coach) Andy Kennedy's offense and a really bad high school team's defense. Certainly nothing like the team that whipped Auburn or played UT and Kentucky down to the last second earlier this year. I guess they just weren't ready to play. 

41 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I am 100% (14/14) on all games except the 7/10 matchups.  There I'm only 1 for 4. 

I’m in roughly the same boat. I’m 13/15 on all other games and ¼ in the 7’s and 10’s, and the only one I got right was when I was acting like a homer because I refuse to pick against my school in the first round.

But if we’re talking death by homerism, @Fez is king among us.

19 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I apologize in advance @Fez , I just threw some money on Buffalo(-5).

Gardner-Webb up 12!

I just threw that up on the TV in my adjusting room... had three straight patients in there all just gawking at the score.

If UVA loses this year, they may never get a one seed again!  Go undefeated?  You get a three.  :lol:

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I just threw that up on the TV in my adjusting room... had three straight patients in there all just gawking at the score.

If UVA loses this year, they may never get a one seed again!  Go undefeated?  You get a three.  :lol:

If they lose it just further proves the sports gods are real. Playing that type of basketball is offensive to the eyes.

5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

To have gone all of that time without a 1 losing to a 16 and then to have the same team lose as a 1 two years in a row...unfathomable.  

I think they'll be fine in this game though.  Just cut it to 6.  

They're playing better, but still a long way from playing well. 

14 minutes ago, Triskele said:

To have gone all of that time without a 1 losing to a 16 and then to have the same team lose as a 1 two years in a row...unfathomable.  

I think they'll be fine in this game though.  Just cut it to 6.  

It would be glorious.  I have no particular animosity towards UVA, but totally worth it for the Nelson laugh.

8 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Colgate! They were on the brink of being blown out in the 1st half. 

I just noticed it in the corner of the TV in the treatment room... so I came back to my office to change the DirectTV Now stream coming from my phone.  :lol:   UVA looks to have this game under control now.

20 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I just noticed it in the corner of the TV in the treatment room... so I came back to my office to change the DirectTV Now stream coming from my phone.  :lol:   UVA looks to have this game under control now.

Too good to be true. Jordan Burns is a bad man though.

Archived