College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

Don't really consider a 10 over a 7 to be much of an upset and actually 3/4 of the 10 seeds have won over the 7's this year.  So... would that make K-State the only real upset of the tournament so far?  

I stupidly had them in the elite-8.  I knew deep down in my subconscious that Dean Wade was out but somehow failed to take that into consideration.

6 minutes ago, Triskele said:

The Fighting Fez of Buffalo are taking to ASU and their former coach.  Fairly disgraceful performance by ASU.  

I still can't believe he has them in the final four. Fighting Fez indeed.

I enjoyed watching Colgate try so very hard against impossible odds.  Also, @Fez, I did not know you were a UB alumnus.  That's really cool.  My brother went to UB for, like, two weeks, and growing up in Rochester I frequented Buffalo growing up.

Anyway, I don't really pay attention until the tourney starts, but UB looks pretty damn good.

45 minutes ago, S John said:

Don't really consider a 10 over a 7 to be much of an upset and actually 3/4 of the 10 seeds have won over the 7's this year.  So... would that make K-State the only real upset of the tournament so far?  

I stupidly had them in the elite-8.  I knew deep down in my subconscious that Dean Wade was out but somehow failed to take that into consideration.

10-7 games have been my downfall.  Oh-for-Four.  Picked three seven seeds and one ten.

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

I think it's a case of just gelling at the right time.  Two of their key guys, Wooten and King, missed big chunks of the season.  So once Bol went down but those guys came back it took a while to get it together.  9th straight win right now.

And now they get Irvine and could easily make the 16.

I really wish Bol hadn't gotten hurt. He was a lot of fun to watch while he was in there and would've made this team that much more compelling. 

Also I think part of this is that Altman is a hell of a coach whose teams have consistently performed well in the Tournament. A lot to be said for that.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

The Fighting Fez of Buffalo are taking to ASU and their former coach.  Fairly disgraceful performance by ASU.  

Buffalo!!!

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still can't believe he has them in the final four. Fighting Fez indeed.

You just gotta believe!

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I enjoyed watching Colgate try so very hard against impossible odds.  Also, @Fez, I did not know you were a UB alumnus.  That's really cool.  My brother went to UB for, like, two weeks, and growing up in Rochester I frequented Buffalo growing up.

Anyway, I don't really pay attention until the tourney starts, but UB looks pretty damn good.

Yep. Of course that was back before UB athletics mattered at all (other than wrestling and soccer); though up until we finally won a tournament game last year, I was still bitter about the quasi-snub in '05. We should've gotten an at-large bid that year. It was the first and only year we were ever good until Bobby Hurley showed up.

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

@RedEyedGhost will be glad to hear of the news out of Vanderbilt.  He has been wanting a Drew in Lawrence for a while.  So if Self does leave, he’s covered!!!!

Your favorite UK alum is getting spanked by V-Tech.  Lots of bad games tonight, at least ISU-OSU is competitive. 

Massive choke job by K-State.  They should live forever in embarrassment. 

49 minutes ago, Triskele said:

These construction mofos are apparently not taking Saturday off which is not cool.

Hit up a bar, just not that one.

Just now, RedEyedGhost said:

Massive choke job by K-State.  They should live forever in embarrassment. 

Or at least that's what the staties would have written if the role with KU had been reversed. 

2 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Maryland - LSU has turned into a block party.

Refs letting a lot of contact get through for sure.  Huge three from LSU there.

Solid defense.  Weak offense for the Cats.  I think we can beat OSU/UH without PJ; but no shot at the Final Four if he can’t go.

Murray State is not having as much luck against FSU.  I’ve watched the Seminoles a handful of times this year and they have never shot this well.

Archived