College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

Rhom

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Bro, defense wins... regular season stuff. 

Money isn’t involved, I can take chances(like picking three 12 seeds to win).

Virginia and Wisconsin basketball: two teams locked in an eternal struggle to see who can make basketball as unwatchable as possible.

Also, two schools that are locks to lead the country in white guys drawing charge fouls.

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ha!  No, he wouldn't.  As a UCF alumn, I've been awarer of Fall for four years.  He's not skilled enough.  He's a Senior in a system that stigmatizes seniors.  The last guy who was drafted in such a way - Shawn Bradley - was a terrible, terrible mistake.  I think Fall will be a great second round pick.  I'd even try him in the 20s in the first round.  But no, after Bradley, no one was gonna draft a guy just based on height.  And Fall clearly still has a long way to learn how to play professional basketball, so I don't know how useful he'd be during a rookie contract before he gets in foul trouble.

I did not have you as an UCF alum. I had always figured you meant Miami when you referenced South Florida. Belated congratulations on your NCAA football national championship from a couple seasons ago.

I could easily see Fall going in the second round. Rarely do teams hit on those picks, so why not take a chance on someone that size. Maybe he can develop into an okay bench player and if not, he's still a big with six hard fouls to give. Guys have careers based on that ability. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I could easily see Fall going in the second round. Rarely do teams hit on those picks, so why not take a chance on someone that size. Maybe he can develop into an okay bench player and if not, he's still a big with six hard fouls to give. Guys have careers based on that ability. 

Cal used to have a big guy with limited skills.  My buddies and I said, "He showed up to every game with five fouls and two sneakers.  And he didn't want to carry anything home but the sneakers."

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I had always figured you meant Miami when you referenced South Florida.

Honestly?  Never been to Miami.  At this point, probably never will.  I don't think I ever specified South Florida - in fact I think if I specified anything it was central Florida.  Anyway, that's all fucked up to begin with.  The Tampa area isn't south Florida, but that's where USF is.

22 hours ago, DMC said:

Honestly?  Never been to Miami.  At this point, probably never will.  I don't think I ever specified South Florida - in fact I think if I specified anything it was central Florida.  Anyway, that's all fucked up to begin with.  The Tampa area isn't south Florida, but that's where USF is.

Could just say the bold about Florida in general.

19 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Will any school be ever to take that title from Duke?

The title's been took. Duke is a one and done school now. Ain't no more charge taking. 

Poor Florida. A local morning radio show has had a segment called, Florida's f@cked up, for about three years now. And now the rest of the nation has caught up with the "Florida man" (insert your birthday here) thing on social media right now.   Of course Florida does have sunshine, beaches and Florida girls, so I am sure they aren't worried too much!

Archived