Rhom

College Basketball 2018-2019: A star studded season

2K Empire games not going as expected (congrats Ramsay B.).  I would love to meet Oregon in the tournament, just to see Azubuike match up with Bol.  Hell, I think I could back Bol down in the post (I could get a shot off with him having 14" on me, but I don't think he could stop me).  I thought Nike was doing well with money lately, so I'm surprised to see that they can't afford to provide Bol with full shorts.

Edited by RedEyedGhost

Thanks! Damn that win felt good. These guys look like new players under Hurley and I couldn’t be happier with how things have started. Just the energy and confidence, it’s like a total 180 from the last two seasons. Jalen Adams kinda struggled tonight too, which would’ve meant a blowout 9 times out of 10 in recent years. They outrebounded ‘Cuse by 14 and shot 12-21 from downtown. Love it.

Hurley is a wild man too, he goes crazy(in a good way) and the players seem to feed off it. Nice to have a respectful team again.

Annnddd back to reality. That was an embarrassing half of hoops. I had to turn it off at the 6 minute mark. The refs were awful too but I’m not using that as an excuse, it just adds to it. The fucking turnovers are ridiculous.

22 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I thought Nike was doing well with money lately, so I'm surprised to see that they can't afford to provide Bol with full shorts.

What are you trying to say!?!

Disappointing game for Oregon there.  Is Iowa supposed to be OK this year?  

Dear God, that photo of Zion upthread.  He's coming for us all.  

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

What are you trying to say!?!

That I'm officially setting the over/under on the number of times that Bol's crank flops out while on the court this year at 5.

No big surprise - James Wiseman chooses Memphis over Kentucky. Thus far, Penny is doing everything they hired him to do. Will be interesting to see how it translates on the court, but he will definitely have pieces to work with.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:38 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

That I'm officially setting the over/under on the number of times that Bol's crank flops out while on the court this year at 5.

Or his bols.

Carolina v Texas turned out to be a better game than I expected.  I have been very critical of Shaka at Texas, but they played a great game and held on at the end.

Tough tournament for UCLA.  They got beat pretty soundly by Michigan State and then played a really solid first half against UNC but steadily lost as the 2nd half wore on.  They might be a solidly talented young group, but they did not really hold their own against these two opponents.  

In light of the basketball team being ranked #22 (now #21) and the football team going 10-2, Buffalo has announced... they are going to start selling beer at the games. Just like a real sports team.

Actually, I don't know how common alcohol sales at college games are. I know a lot of attendees are alumni and locals, but it does seem a little odd selling alcohol at an event that is ostensibly intended for students who are mostly under age 21.

As for the team itself, after two beatdown wins, I was hoping they'd move up a little more in the rankings; but I really don't want to be greedy considering its the first time ever there. And any loss right now, other than maybe the Syracuse game, will cause them to drop out immediately.

Over the weekend, former UK signee and current Memphis signee DJ Jeffries says that if Memphis plays UK next year, the result will be like the Duke game this year.  :stunned: 

Meanwhile, Memphis under new head coach Penny Hardaway is 3-3, just lost to the College of Charleston, and has a brutal stretch coming up with games against Tennessee.

Penny has shown that he can certainly recruit at an elite level (at least with kids he already coached in AAU); has yet to be shown if he can just roll the ball out there on an elite level.  (Bit of an inside joke there as that's all Calipari is ever credited as being able to do...)

If you call yourself a college basketball fan, learn the name Ja Morant.

Racers lost by six at Bama last night.  He had 38 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists. If he had anyone that could finish a play at a high D1 level, he would have easily had a half dozen more assists.