End game predictions for all the characters?

lavthelonewolf

Guys,what do you think will be the endgame for our characters? Who do you think will survive and who will not? 

Jaime- i think he is azor azhai. 

Jon & sansa- will be the endgame pair

sansa- will become queen of westeros

cersie- dead at the hands of jaime

tyrion- tough to say. I want him to survive though

arya- ok it pains me to say but i think arya will die,but will warg into nymeria. Arya will finally get her true wolf pack. I think ned’s quote about lone wolf dying and pack surviving is direct foreshadowing of arya’s arc. But alternatively i would love to see arya-gendry reunion. (A gal can hope) 

Bran- i kinda see him going into the dark side

COTF: i for one strongly believe they are sinister. Surely not the victims they would have us believe

dany- won’t survive. 

Samwell tarly- does a heroic act similar to his ancestral namesake savage sam tarly. 

Theon: strangely i think he will survive the series. And he sure will have an important role. 

Wall: hmm i think the wall is going to come down. But the question thou,if it does and i do think it will,what will happen to the nights watch? I mean there will be no need for them after the events of Asoiaf. And westeros without a wall and nights watch is strange to think about. I wonder wat plans grrm has . 

And lastly i want both my boys stannis and davos to survive.

What strikes me is that depending on which reader “faction” you are in, the supposed “bittersweet” end might be either largely sweet or largely bitter to you.

For example, for the approximately half of readers who don’t like Daenerys, a bittersweet ending where she dies and Jon lives will be mostly sweet to you.  And vice versa.

I kind of took a "live or die" approach. 

Sansa - Queen in the North (North, Riverlands, Vale)

Jon - Hand of the Queen (Sansa). He doesn't want to be a King, he wants what Ned wanted. 

Rickon - "The Wild Wolf", I want to say he lives, but I kind of see him either rejecting the throne or reading the room and seeing that Sansa is the one the people want. So maybe Lord of Winterfell?

Arya - Not sure. I dream of her coming back to Westeros, linking up with Nymeria and her pack and using her FM talents to sneak in and open the doors of the Twins to the pack. Not sure after that though, I bet him and Rickon would get along real well now. 

Bran - No idea. Anything is possible. 

Jaime - Dead, after some epic heroics

Cersei - Dead, at the hands of any one of the Valonqar she has in her life (Jaime, Tyrion, Tommen)

Tommen - Dead, idk how, but he has to die, right?

Dany - Dead, and likely goes Targ Mad before that. At least 1 dragon will die, maybe the other 2 just take off without her? Or have to be killed because they're running amok. 

Barristan - Dead, killed early in Dany's invasion (JonCon?)

Tyrion - Is the hardest. I want to say he lives, but I also don't see Dany winning, and if he keeps his lot with her, doesn't bode well for him. I'd love to see him end up as Lord of the Rock. 

Aegon - King of 4 Kingdoms (yes, I believe he is legit, bite me)

Arianne - Dead. Just a gut feeling. 

Stannis - Dead, after some epic heroics.

Davos - Lives because he's just unkillable apparently (also maybe blessed by the Drowned God?)

Euron - Dead, at either Sam or another Greyjoy's hand (boy I hope its Victarion)

Victarion - Lives? Not really sure, but I'm cheering for him

Theon - Dead. Either Stannis gets him like he plans or he dies doing some redeeming act. 

Asha - Lives...somehow. 

Sweetrobin - Dead. see Tommen.

Manderly - Dead, dies in the chaos after he finally springs the GNC, laughs his way to the grave. 

Sam - Lives, is key to the defense of Oldtown, may kill Euron, will be given option to leave Maesters but will stay. 

Gendry - Lives and is legitimized to continue the Baratheon name. 

Littlefinger - Executed by the Queen in the North.

53 minutes ago, lavthelonewolf said:

arya- ok it pains me to say but i think arya will die,but will warg into nymeria. Arya will finally get her true wolf pack. I think ned’s quote about lone wolf dying and pack surviving is direct foreshadowing of arya’s arc. But alternatively i would love to see arya-gendry reunion. (A gal can hope) 

You believe in Jonsa and think Arya will be just die and fade away in her direwolf? That combo... Why am I not shocked? Doubt any of that will ever happen, but you know, we shall find out soon enough. 

And Dany is not even worth considering her future endgame? 

Seems like people who favor Sansa (from the responses so far) can't see much of a future for Arya or Dany. Again... how completely unshocking is that? 

On 11/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, a black swan said:

You believe in Jonsa and think Arya will be just die and fade away in her direwolf? That combo... Why am I not shocked? Doubt any of that will ever happen, but you know, we shall find out soon enough. 

And Dany is not even worth considering her future endgame? 

Seems like people who favor Sansa (from the responses so far) can't see much of a future for Arya or Dany. Again... how completely unshocking is that? 

ok i never said i want things to end this way. i said i think this is how it will end. there's a huge difference.

i don't ship anyone. this is just my prediction after years and years of asoiaf marathons!! 

and my predictions are totally unrelated.

i love arya as much as the next person but logically there can be no nomal life for this kid after wat she has gone thru. jus like bran here.

like bran arya is also a broken person and all she lives for now is vengence. how can you expect her to have a normal life after that?

its like wishin for a romantic life for hound after the trauma he has gone through.

whereas jon and sansa are the only  starks still wishin for a normal family life. they don wish for the throne. all they want is winterfell.

i still think jon's desiny is much darker but if grrm had planned a gal for him it only makes sense it will be sansa.

as for dany all she wants is the iron throne. she is like the female counterpart of stannis,.. so is either win o lose for her. nothin else

jon/dany or jon/arya will be too sweet and too cliche and this is GRRM we are talking about. 

1 hour ago, lavthelonewolf said:

i don't ship anyone. this is just my prediction after years and years of asoiaf marathons!! 

A book reader to come to that conclusion? That is just odd to me. 

i love arya as much as the next person but logically there can be no nomal life for this kid after wat she has gone thru. jus like bran here.

As a book reader, I thought you'd recognize the importance of Arya's realization that giving up her eyes would be worth it if it meant she could go back to being Cat of the Canals. Why was that so significant? What kind of life did Cat of the Canals have that Arya yearned for more than ever getting her eyesight back? Cat was a girl who had a family, a home, and lived a normal life among all kinds of people from all over the world. She would do **extra** work (when Brusco's daughters had their moonblood) and surround herself with the normal activity and every day living of Braavos. She isn't incapable of living a normal life. But returning to the North and her home would never mean she will have a run of the mill "normal" life either. That won't be the case for any surviving Stark.  

like bran arya is also a broken person and all she lives for now is vengence. how can you expect her to have a normal life after that?

Yeah, you're not really seeing the big picture and the eventual progression in Arya's character? You seem rather content to keep her exactly as she is, facing no choices in the future that could possibly change her in any way? GRRM is not done with Arya, not even close. 

its like wishin for a romantic life for hound after the trauma he has gone through.

He isn't incapable of loving, especially considering the progression his character is going through at the moment. You really should try and envision the "end game" and don't look at these characters in such a static way. 

whereas jon and sansa are the only  starks still wishin for a normal family life. they don wish for the throne. all they want is winterfell.

And Arya doesn't want Winterfell? Even the show writers used "Odysseus Homecoming" as the inspiration for Arya's return to Winterfell. It's a big deal for her and it's always been in her heart no matter how hard it's pushed down. 

While in the HoBW:

"When you smell our candles burning, what does it make you think of, my child?”

Winterfell, she might have said. I smell snow and smoke and pine needles. I smell the stables. I smell Hodor laughing, and Jon and Robb battling in the yard, and Sansa singing about some stupid lady fair. I smell the crypts where the stone kings sit, I smell hot bread baking, I smell the godswood. I smell my wolf, I smell her fur, almost as if she were still beside me. Arya, AFFC

i still think jon's desiny is much darker but if grrm had planned a gal for him it only makes sense it will be sansa.

It will be much darker, we agree on that. But if he "planned a girl for jon" it would be with Dany, and if not... it wasn't Sansa he had in mind when he wrote his Outline either. lol To a lot of people, it makes zero sense. 

jon/dany or jon/arya will be too sweet and too cliche and this is GRRM we are talking about. 

What do you mean "too sweet"? How is your preferred pairing not cliched? If you seem so fine with Jonsa then why are you so opposed to Jonrya?

On 11/2/2018 at 6:04 PM, a black swan said:

A book reader to come to that conclusion? That is just odd to me. 

As a book reader, I thought you'd recognize the importance of Arya's realization that giving up her eyes would be worth it if it meant she could go back to being Cat of the Canals. Why was that so significant? What kind of life did Cat of the Canals have that Arya yearned for more than ever getting her eyesight back? Cat was a girl who had a family, a home, and lived a normal life among all kinds of people from all over the world. She would do **extra** work (when Brusco's daughters had their moonblood) and surround herself with the normal activity and every day living of Braavos. She isn't incapable of living a normal life. But returning to the North and her home would never mean she will have a run of the mill "normal" life either. That won't be the case for any surviving Stark.  

Yeah, you're not really seeing the big picture and the eventual progression in Arya's character? You seem rather content to keep her exactly as she is, facing no choices in the future that could possibly change her in any way? GRRM is not done with Arya, not even close. 

He isn't incapable of loving, especially considering the progression his character is going through at the moment. You really should try and envision the "end game" and don't look at these characters in such a static way. 

And Arya doesn't want Winterfell? Even the show writers used "Odysseus Homecoming" as the inspiration for Arya's return to Winterfell. It's a big deal for her and it's always been in her heart no matter how hard it's pushed down. 

While in the HoBW:

"When you smell our candles burning, what does it make you think of, my child?”

Winterfell, she might have said. I smell snow and smoke and pine needles. I smell the stables. I smell Hodor laughing, and Jon and Robb battling in the yard, and Sansa singing about some stupid lady fair. I smell the crypts where the stone kings sit, I smell hot bread baking, I smell the godswood. I smell my wolf, I smell her fur, almost as if she were still beside me. Arya, AFFC

It will be much darker, we agree on that. But if he "planned a girl for jon" it would be with Dany, and if not... it wasn't Sansa he had in mind when he wrote his Outline either. lol To a lot of people, it makes zero sense. 

What do you mean "too sweet"? How is your preferred pairing not cliched? 

"preferred pairing".. again you keep confusing between wants and resignation to what i think are facts. the main point here is what i think. i never said this is how its going to be. i just feel this is how it will end.

i want a lot of things. i want the stark kids to reunite again, live happily together in winterfell. but will it happen? NOO.

i know GRRM did not have sansa in mind for jon in his initial outline but we have seen his story has diverged far from that. heck tyrion was in love with arya in his initial outline. can u imagine that happening now? too weird to even think about now. so can't accurately predict now and can't rule out my possibilities either!

apparently you want a brighter future for arya, i can see you are a big arya fan,but sadly i beg to differ. i think her arc is going to be more tragic. just my take.

opinions differ. have nothing more to say on this.

I’d bet money that Dany ends up on the IT, she’s only been talking about it and wanting it since like, the first book. Odds are pretty high that she’ll end up on the Throne especially with how into the Targaryens GRRM is. No way GRRM is going to wipe out that House.

1. Arya Stark will die violently and deservedly so.  I hope she doesn't get to live a second life in her wolf but that is too much to hope for.  She dies and gets to live a second life in Nymeria.
  2. Tyrion Lannister will probably live and inherit what's left of Casterly Rock and married to Penny.
  3. Daenerys Targaryen will fulfill the role of The Dragon Who Mounts The World and rule all of the lands that was once part of the Valyrian Freehold.  She will have the last POV in the last volume and she will patiently await the arrival of spring.
  4. Sansa Stark will become a septa.  No grandeur for this girl.
  5. Jon Snow will die from his stab wounds.  I hope he just dies but he is most probably going to live a second life inside his white wolf.  
  6. Rickon is hard to predict.  I don't think George will kill off all of the Starks and this one might be the one to keep the family alive.
  7. Bran's future is set.  He's to become Tree Man. 
  8. Jaime Lannister will die.  Bran will exact his revenge on Jaime.
  9. Samwell Tarly will get his chain and become a maester.
  10. Jorah Mormont will return to Westeros but his crimes can only be forgiven if he joins the watch.  
  11. Hizdarh zo Loraq will become a born again R'hllorian and join the fight against slavery.  He will witness another miracle that will redeem him.
  12. Missandei will be taken home to her island and live her peaceful life among the butterflies.
  13. Greyworm will go wherever Daenerys goes.
  14. Varys is great at surviving.  He will live and serve Daenerys.
  15. Mellissandre will not make it out of Castle Black alive.
  16. Stannis is already dead.  Died at the Battle of Ice.
  17. Barristan, Victarion, and Moqorro will die at the Battle of Fire.  Belwas too.
  18. Aegon Targaryen will marry his aunt, Queen Daenerys for political reasons.
  19. The majority of the people in the west will die from winter.  Starvation will kill most.  The Others and their wights will kill many.  The war between the Boltons and the wildlings will kill most of the able bodied men in the north.  Westeros will be covered in a thick blanket of ice. 

Mmh

Bran : killed in his tree by Jon and Daenerys (Daenerys with Drogon burning the heart tree of Wonterfell, and Jon with a dagger in the heart as the "gift of mercy")

Jon : traumatized, he will walk in the land and his corpse will be found with the dagger in the hand when the spring will be there. 

Daenerys : burnt and eat by Drogon (in fact Arya will imitate what Jaqen did with Weese and his dog at Harrenhal). But maybe people won't believe it and think that she and her dragon are gone, like they did in Meereen. They will wait for their return... one day. Possibly, the ambiguity will remain also for the reader.

Arya : the last name she will receive as a Faceless woman will be "Arya Stark". So, she will kill Arya Stark and live herself under a new identity. I pass for the choice of this new identity, queen of a kingdom (like Nymeria) or queen of an inn marrying a smith, possibilities are large.

Vicatrion : killed by Euron. In fact, Euron will take his body, after he took his wife and his glory. So Euron will have a second life in Victarion's body.

Victarion/Euron : killed by Arya. The man who wants to surpass the gods killed by a servant of the Manyfaced. How ? A last fly and a fall, of course. The mouse killing the giant. 

Sansa : Changes her name definitely. Like Arya, she can survive as queen of a kingdom or mistress of an orphan's inn married to a certain smith who will love her for who and what she is and not for her possession. Another possibility is to marry again Tyrion, this time a true marriage.

Tyrion : I imagine he will survive, but I see for the moment to many issues to chose one against the others.

Stannis, Melisandre, Shireen, Selyse : they will all die at Fort Night, and that will be the definitive fall of the Wall.

Robert Strong : killed by Brienne, when Jaime will kill Cersei (the couple Brienne/Jaime against the couple Robert Strong/Cersei), so no Cleganebowl for me !

Brienne : she will survive, but for what ? That could be funny if she marry Tyrion and have a lot of children at the end. Or lady commander of the new Kingsguard. Or both in the same time, just to cut down a bit more taboo !

Jaime : I don't know. I don't see him living after Cersei's death. So, dead or some old hedge knight.

Davos : I only hope he will survive (but I hope ot above all for his sons, especially Devan)... though I can't decide one or another issue

Jorah Mormont : he is a father bear for Daenerys, and father bear are made to die one day (Ned, Jeor, for example), so I don't expect that he will survive. I fear something very sad.

The Martell : ouch. I imagine a true tragedy for all of them, dying one by one (even if Arianne could really reach the IT at one moment), and Doran the last, killed by Areo or Ellaria Sand (or his wife Melario) or lift alone with his sickness. Sarella seems to be the only one with some chance of survival because she doesn't take part to Doran's plans.

Myrcella : a silent sister ?

Rickon : if he is lucky, he will survive, but under another name, not as Rickon Stark.

Illyrio : will offer his life to the HOBAW, to pay Dany's assassination.

Dolourous Edd : ok, this one predicted his own death : the very last of the Night's watchers

Going by the unanticipated surprises in the previous books (who saw Ned’s head coming off? Or Tyrion as a slave in Meereen? Or Jaime Lannister sworn to a zombie Catelyn?), I’ll say that I don’t think I have a clue.

Westeros is doomed same as Valyria

Arya gonna kill Bran with catspaw dagger to put and end to night king.

Sam and Gilly gonna travel across the sea to Essos same as Aegon the Conqueror and he will change the world by science. In the end we gonna see Sam writing the story of ice and fire.

Jaime takes the blame for poisoning king Tyrion and slaying High Septon Lancel. Sentenced by Jon during his hour of the wolf to take the black, dies leading humanities last stand against the Others. Basically holds shit together long enough for Jon to find Dany and execute her and for her to become the dragon that saves the world.

Brienne, Kingsguard, survives with Jaime's child in her belly.

Dany is executed by Jon for the intention/attempt to sacrifice their child, she second lifes a his sword to create Lightbringer and a dragon.

Jon executes Dany and rides the dragon that is Dany's second life, he is seen jumping from that dragon to plunge his flaming sword into the ice dragon's eye, never seen again, presumed dead in the fall.

Arya marries King Robert to end the series as queen, a marriage pact forged between Jon and Sansa, even though she loves Gendry. Beforehand defeats Gendry in the Riverlands, and becomes pregnant by him when he is her captive. She gets locked in the Maidenvault by Jon to hide her pregnancy and as punishment for refusing to name the father. Escapes to play out the Last Hero plot where she makes contact with the COTF. Her boy to Gendry, and Jon and Dany's baby girl she sends anonymously to Lady Smallwood.

Gendry, loves Arya, becomes KG, impregnates Arya, refuses to bend the knee. Jon uses his life to bargain with Arya, threatening to execute Gendry for not bending the knee if she refuses to marry Robert.

Sansa is queen dowager, attempting to rule the realm through Robert, in opposition to Queen Arya. Poisons Tyrion to death when he is defeated and wants to just cause as much damage as he can and commit suicide. Negotiates on behalf of the south a surrender to KITN Jon and the marriage pacts that will forge the peace and realm consolidation.

Tyrion, king, defeated by KITN Jon, dies, poisoned by his queen wife Sansa to prevent him from destroying King's Landing when he is defeated by Jon. Probably second lifes a lion.

Sandor, Kingsguard, turns cloak from Tyrion and his lady love Sansa for Arya after Tyrion fires the Riverlands on Viserion as punishment for the River lords turning cloak for Jon. Instrumental in helping Jon defeat Jaime and Tyrion at the trident. Dies protecting Arya on her Last Hero's journey.

Aeron second lifes a Leviathan, later fights Euron.

Euron second lifes Drogon. Within Drogon he muscles out Drogo and Rhaego to become its master. Causes Drogon to turn into a sea kraken dragon that breathes greyscale, the stone beast. Eventually battles Leviathan Aeron in the ocean and is dragged to the bottom of the ocean. The beast he was will become a labyrinth/maze at the bottom of the ocean and he will live there as a king in a humanoid form, a master over all who contracted the greyscale from the stone beast's breath. They will be his army and will heed his call, he and they will breathe underwater. From there he will plot and plan and build his army to take Westeros. The essence of his power is boiled down into a black oily stone which he uses to create sphinxes from the sacrifices of the children of his followers. When Jon executes Dany her soul will fly over his maze and enter the black oily stone, and it will become fire and melt his labyrinth and birth a new dragon in her image, and she will burn Euron to oblivion.

Arianne will be Euron's lover, her child will be the sacrifice that allows him to second life Drogon. She follows him in death inside Drogon I believe.

Cersei gets taken down by younger more beautiful queen Sansa, and then I don't know. Seems to be tied to Euron too.

Davos is Jon's Hand, lives to tell the tale, maybe Robert's Hand at the end too. Finds Euron's Maze underwater, maybe gets swallowed by whale Aeron. 

Stannis burns Shireen and thus proves to have the heart of winter. Dies and becomes the ice dragon in his second life, likely animating the ice in the Wall.

Jon dies heroically fighting the Others.

Arya dies heroically fighting Euron (Dance of Dragons, v.2).  Her son, by Podrick (!) lives on.

Nymeria and the wolfpack help defeat the Others.

Daenerys becomes Queen of Westeros, a devastated land.

Tyrion is Hand of the Queen.  Sansa is his wife and partner in politics.

Jaime dies in the Riverlands in TWOW.  

Cersei is killed by one of the Sand Snakes.  So is Tommen.

Bran learns to Greensee, and leaves the cave to return to Winterfell.  His knowledge is essential to the fight against the Others.  He narrates the final chapter of the books.

Theon is executed by Stannis.

Asha becomes the new leader of the Iron Islands, which orients toward trade.

Littlefinger dies as a result of Sansa's machinations.

Stannis is dead.  Not sure how.

Rickon is King of the North, under a Manderly regency.

The happiest one I can envisage (especially for the kids):

Tyrion and Sansa on the Iron Throne, but Tyrion's a broken man cause Varys tells him Shae was only sleeping with Tywin in exchange for Tyrion's life. He consoles himself with the memory of once riding a dragon.  Sansa rejuvenates Kings Landing, holds lots of tourneys and is a fair but manipulative queen.  She reinstates equal primogeniture like Dorne.  Both of them take lovers on the side.

Jon and Dany and Jaime die, saving the world and restoring the seasons. (This doesn't seem too happy, and Jaime's my fave character, but these guys will go out in a blaze of glory!)

Brienne lives, having saved the world and restored the seasons.  She returns to Tarth and becomes it's greatest king-queen and has many children, cause we just need more people in the world like her.

Sam - see above.

Bran's legs are restored, he loses his powers and inherits Riverrun, cause he likes summer.  He vacations in the North for climbing holidays with Rickon, who survives.

Arya inherits Winterfell, cause she is more Stark than Stark, and marries Gendry, completing the Stark-Baratheon marriage promise.  She enjoys carrying out executions herself or running important missions for the crown when needed. Gendry tags along when she lets him.

Varys is exposed as the last real Blackfyre, who was behind the Dothraki invasion that almost destroyed Westeros.  He's thrown in prison but his alter ego frees him. Last seen skipping on board a ship, thinking he's safe, but close up of  Davos and Salaador Saan grinning at each other as they captain the ship away.

Theon dies, but not till after he and Asha take on Euron and banish him

Davos - see above - becomes a smuggler again and loves it.

Aegon's likeable.  How about he marries Margaery and settles down at Highgarden.

Cersei goes mad, becomes a nun and is paranoid of Tyrion for the rest of her days.

Darkstar kills Arianne and all the Sand Snakes except Sarella because they bore him. He becomes the Prince of Dorne for all of three days before the Dornish consign him to the Hellholt where he is tortured in the night, cause he is of it.

Stannis realizes he's not AA but Shireen might be, so he burns himself alive to give her a chance at glory.

Patchface's wits are restored, yes, he's a greenseer, we all knew it, and off he goes to the weirwood to replace Bran.

Mel retires to Dragonstone where she eventually turns into a dragon, but is shot down by Brienne with a weirwood arrow as she returns to Tarth.

Sarella Sand and Malora Hightower plot contentedly in the Hightower to increase the Citadel library.

All the Daynes survive, still a mystery, their sword brought back to them by Edric after the last battle.

Somewhere in the sunset sea,  an oily stone meteor falls out of the sky and squishes Euron, who turned into Cthulu, slowly to death.

And in the North, Benjen Stark laughs.

11 hours ago, Nevets said:

Arya dies heroically fighting Euron (Dance of Dragons, v.2).  Her son, by Podrick (!) lives on.

Bran learns to Greensee, and leaves the cave to return to Winterfell.  His knowledge is essential to the fight against the Others.  He narrates the final chapter of the books.

And it might come down to this.  GRRM will make the ending plausible.  This is plausible.

15 hours ago, Nevets said:

I doubt any Lannister is going to survive or that Sansa is going to leave the North for KL again.

Jamie, dead; Cersei, dead; Tyrion, alive; Varys, dead; LF, dead; Sansa, alive, Arya, probably dead, Rickon, dead; Manderly, dead; Davos, may live, Brienne, alive; Bran, alive; Jon, dead again, Dany, alive, leaves westeros [this could reserve, he lives she dies], Theon, dead, Euron, dead, Asha, alive, Edmure, alive, Doran, dead, Snakes, mostly dead, Aegon, dead, Arianne, probably dead, might live, wolves, dead, dragons, dead, Missy, lives, Melisandra, dead, Stannis, dead, Shireen, dead, Tyrells, dead, Gendry, alive, Sam, alive, Hound, probably dead.

Archived