End game predictions for all the characters?

lavthelonewolf

On 11/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, Pacala said:

Arya gonna kill Bran with catspaw dagger to put and end to night king.

And how is she going to get hold of that dagger? As I recall, Ned had it in King's Landing, which suggests Littlefinger has reclaimed it now.

Spoiler

Surely you're not thinking of the teevie show?  ;-)

On 11/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Enuma Elish said:

There aren't predictions.  I'm reading a wish list from a lot of you guys.  I'm tempted to put down my wish list too but then it would not be prediction.  

I would welcome your wish list! There have been some interesting possibilities (and other total horrors, in my opinion). Maybe a few of the many guesses will turn out to be correct!

Okay, let me try a few predictions, and if some appear to be simply wishful thinking ... (shrug). It's not as if each list is supposed to be accompanied by a few thousand words of heavily quoted justifications. Right?

Jon Snow - is actually dead. Period. The great mystery Targaryen hope and potential partner for Daenerys is gone. Ghost, bearing the last remnants of Jon's consciousness, is finally released and runs off.

Selyse and Shireen Baratheon - are killed in the riots and bloodletting that follow Jon's assassination right in front of everyone at Castle Black. The killers - Old Pomegranate, et al - are beaten to death as well. The Queens Men go down fighting, excluding those who run away and die in the cold of winter.

Tormund Giant's Bane - leads his troops to Hardhome, according to the plan, and returns with many more wildlings. He and the new Lord Commander (tbd) manage to man (or woman) all the remaining castles on the wall.

Ser Alliser Thorne returns! - as a wight. Getting to burn his rotting corpse at last is something nearly every crow has looked forward to for years.

Stannis Baratheon re-takes Winterfell. Finding no support among the northerners for marching on King's Landing, Stannis decides to Azor-Ahai it, and organizes his remaining armies to march North to defend the Wall. Having learned by his sad experience in the Wolf's Wood, Stannis is an excellent leader along with Tormund, but his fake magic sword fails him and he's cut down by the Others.

Wyman Manderly takes over Winterfell in the absence of Starks, and because winter has set in, making travel basically impossible for him. By spring, he's lost over 10 stone, and if all the horses hadn't already been eaten, could have ridden one out.

Roose Bolton and Ramsey are caught escaping and hanged.

Meanwhile, back in the south ... (to be continued)

5 hours ago, Back door hodor said:

Jon dies

Dani dies

Sansa lives

Tyrion lives

Ayra dies 

Bran lives

Cersie dies 

Jamie lives 

Theon lives

Asha dies

Victarion dies 

Aeron dies

Arianne lives

Baristian dies

Samwell lives 

Davos lives

Tried to keep it simple and stick to just povs for now, I think I got them all 

Hey partner, why do want all of the boring characters to live?   That last book will be like A Feast for Crows if your so-called prediction comes true.  I don't think I can continue reading a book without Dany, the dragons, Barristan, Asha, and Victarion.  Samwell is an ok fellow but he's mr. unexciting.  

5 hours ago, Silver Bullet 1985 said:

Hey partner, why do want all of the boring characters to live?   That last book will be like A Feast for Crows if your so-called prediction comes true.  I don't think I can continue reading a book without Dany, the dragons, Barristan, Asha, and Victarion.  Samwell is an ok fellow but he's mr. unexciting.  

I took endgame predictions to mean the conclusion of the story, so I was not considering more books happening. 

Also this is not what I want to happen...just what I think is going to.

We can anticipate somethings in general because of the set up, but even that goes as far as the next step, or in very broad strokes, i.e. Aegon is set up as Dany's foil. But specifics, no. The plot has too many moving parts, allowing Martin to plausibly do anything, in many cases simply by twitching the timing. And that's as far as the next developments go, not the end game. 

1. Jaime Lannister: Jaime Lannister will after returning from wherever Brienne is leading him, his experience will push more towards taking responsibillity for House Lannister. Part of what Jaime will do to keep House Lannister strong is to leave the kingsguard(Somehow that is, maybe he will write to KL and ask to be released? Another possibillity is that he is removed or replaced during the period that he is missing or for some political reason.) Jaime will marry the secure House Lannister infuence in the Westerlands. The woman that Jaime marries will be chosen to secure a strong Westerlands alliance supporting House Lannister. This will be neccesary due to the losses that many Westerlands houses has suffered. Jaime will father a children on his wife. It is possible that Jaime dies while the child is young, following Jaime's death his widow will take controll over the Westerlands, simlar to what Jeyne Westerling did when her husband died during the Dance of the Dragon. Edit: This is a prediction that is likely far off, point is i don't think House Lannister will go extinct. This is just a possibillity to get a older and more experienced lord.

2. Sandor Clegane: Will join the Faith of the Seven either as a swordbrother or some other position in the Faith.

3. Gregor Clegane: Gregor will die during the run of the books.

4. Lancel Lannister: Will become something resembling Baelor the Blessed. Perhaps Lancel will become something like a hybrid between Baelor the Blessed and Dareon the Young Dragon. May or may not die.

5. High Sparrow: The High Sparrow will agitate for the Faith of the Seven. This agitation may take a similar form to the investiture controversy. He will also resemble Girolamo Savanorola. Like Girolamo Savanorola i expect him to die. The High Sparrow may also launch something resembling the crusades and the inquisition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investiture_Controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_Reform#Central_status_of_the_Church

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolamo_Savonarola

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

6. Walder "the late lord" Frey: will die before Daenerys reaches Westeros. Following his death there will be some infighting inside House Frey. The Freys will try to hold togheter due to how disliked they are. Many Freys will probably feel threatened and want to move. While other may not be able to move in with their non Frey kin as they may not be welcomed dye to anti Frey stigma.

7. Podrick Payne: will progress on the path to knight hood

8. Edmure Tully: Will survive, may or may not take control over Riverrun.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, Lollygag said:

Going by the unanticipated surprises in the previous books (who saw Ned’s head coming off? Or Tyrion as a slave in Meereen? Or Jaime Lannister sworn to a zombie Catelyn?), I’ll say that I don’t think I have a clue.

Great point.   Still, despite this very level headed approach to this maze of unanticipated twists and your vast knowledge of the characters and plots I have to say I'm surprised you have no prediction or rather educated guesses.    I'd love to read your thoughts on this if you have a change of heart.   Our OP only offers predictions through his/her lens of understanding.  These threads usually offer up something new or unusual.   Your own ideas are nothing if not completely thoughtful.   

Sadly, I have no real predictions myself because my own understanding seems to hoover over myriad possibility for all the characters.  Someone recently posted about how dreary Winter is in the real world here and now which got me to pondering this coming Long Night.   I guess my big prediction is that there will be much death and devastation to end in the near obliteration of all Westeros.   Those few survivors will have next to nothing to create a future with.   Those at the end will be Martin's chosen, regardless of my personal affinities.   I reckon any of our characters could survive or die to attain a dream of spring.   This extraordinary tale is far more about the journey to me as I expect the end will be very dark with the smallest glimmer of hope.   Cersei's reign over naught but ashes or Jon sacrificed to the Others to exact a pact or Dany left as a mere mortal would all be interesting things to read and really interesting endings to this epic.   

I enjoy the idea of Little Finger slinking off fate unknown, but I'm not convinced his deeds will be rewarded with ambiguity.   

On 11/3/2018 at 5:20 PM, Enuma Elish said:

There aren't predictions.  I'm reading a wish list from a lot of you guys.  I'm tempted to put down my wish list too but then it would not be prediction.  

I was literally just about to comment this. Most of these "predictions" just seem to be people taking their anger out on characters they don't like.  xD

On 11/11/2018 at 2:59 PM, Curled Finger said:

Great point.   Still, despite this very level headed approach to this maze of unanticipated twists and your vast knowledge of the characters and plots I have to say I'm surprised you have no prediction or rather educated guesses.    I'd love to read your thoughts on this if you have a change of heart.   Our OP only offers predictions through his/her lens of understanding.  These threads usually offer up something new or unusual.   Your own ideas are nothing if not completely thoughtful.   

Sadly, I have no real predictions myself because my own understanding seems to hoover over myriad possibility for all the characters.  Someone recently posted about how dreary Winter is in the real world here and now which got me to pondering this coming Long Night.   I guess my big prediction is that there will be much death and devastation to end in the near obliteration of all Westeros.   Those few survivors will have next to nothing to create a future with.   Those at the end will be Martin's chosen, regardless of my personal affinities.   I reckon any of our characters could survive or die to attain a dream of spring.   This extraordinary tale is far more about the journey to me as I expect the end will be very dark with the smallest glimmer of hope.   Cersei's reign over naught but ashes or Jon sacrificed to the Others to exact a pact or Dany left as a mere mortal would all be interesting things to read and really interesting endings to this epic.   

I enjoy the idea of Little Finger slinking off fate unknown, but I'm not convinced his deeds will be rewarded with ambiguity.   

You've said yourself why I struggle with predictions more eloquently than I could. I freeze up at the possibilities and Westeros is so dangerous and getting more dangerous, so simply choosing life or death seems meaningless. Any character is just an errant weapon away from death no matter where their arc goes. That, and GRRM is much more creative than any given poster on this forum including myself.

But I'll throw some things out without bothering with who lives and who dies. My bias isn't really in characters I like winning or characters I dislike losing so much as just not being bored.

I agree with @Springwatch having a feeling that LF is doing something good but in the most deplorable way possible. Not that he’s a good guy at all. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s doing something good but for completely selfish reasons. His promoting the invisible middle class of Westeros to his own benefit fits right in with this.

I’m also guessing that LF is also deeply tied into the magic of the story. His grey-green sentinel eyes and his comparisons to the CotF, especially when Tyrion offers him Harrenhal (or maybe the Isle of Faces is what he wants?) leads me here. How, why or what he hopes to accomplish, I don’t know. Maybe he gets some sort of Professor Snape treatment.

I also agree that there may be a Cersei redemption arc, sort of. We usually have a POV into the common folks condition of Westeros from high-born character. The first one was Arya. When she got too old to wander safely, she was replaced with Brienne. Now it seems Brienne may be headed other directions. If the walk of shame and Cersei being declared to look just an average nobody with her drinking and her hair shorn, my guess  is that Cersei escapes Aegon/Euron to live as a peasant and be that next commoner POV. Think this commoner POV will be important given how hard things are set up for them to be. Also plays into Cersei’s complete disregard for commoners. Or rather, that's what I think would be interesting to read.

Based on some foreshadowing—Sansa will be the married to the head Other against her will of course as that’s her thing. Not sure if this is the NK or not and it won’t be Jon or Stannis. She’ll use her gaming skills on the head Other to try to take him down from inside. And there must always be a Stark in Winterfell ties in somehow…My bias here is that I don't want to see the story break from the game and grey characters into some dull action-y good vs evil thing. Sansa using her political skills against the Others would be the most interesting option for me and keep the Game going all through the series.

I'm also starting to think the title of the series is a bit of a red herring. Ice and Fire guides the reader toward a focus on the Starks vs Targs. But that may not be right. The Lannisters have been part of this from the beginning. As have the Greyjoys. I think these two families may play a much larger role than we think in the ending and the balance of things though I'm not sure how at all.

:dunno:

7 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I also agree that there may be a Cersei redemption arc, sort of. We usually have a POV into the common folks condition of Westeros from high-born character. The first one was Arya. When she got too old to wander safely, she was replaced with Brienne. Now it seems Brienne may be headed other directions. If the walk of shame and Cersei being declared to look just an average nobody with her drinking and her hair shorn, my guess  is that Cersei escapes Aegon/Euron to live as a peasant and be that next commoner POV. Think this commoner POV will be important given how hard things are set up for them to be. Also plays into Cersei’s complete disregard for commoners. Or rather, that's what I think would be interesting to read.

Based on some foreshadowing—Sansa will be the married to the head Other against her will of course as that’s her thing.

That never once crossed my radar!   Excellent totally unexpected take on Cersei's fate.   This would be so much better than death for her.   Even if there is no redemption arc for our evil queen, this would be perfect justice for her.   That would be so hard and wonderful to read.   

Couldn't let the 2nd go without a little applause.   Great stuff!  Thanks for putting some thoughts out there, I knew you would have something fascinating to offer up.   

On 11/6/2018 at 5:08 AM, Back door hodor said:

Jon dies

Dani dies

Sansa lives

Tyrion lives

Ayra dies 

Bran lives

Cersie dies 

Jamie lives 

Theon lives

Asha dies

Victarion dies 

Aeron dies

Arianne lives

Baristian dies

Samwell lives 

Davos lives

Tried to keep it simple and stick to just povs for now, I think I got them all 

Seriously? you think Theon's gonna live and Asha die? I'm not a fan of any of them but your list seems......

OK, I did this for the show, not the books, so that's why it's hidden.

Spoiler

It seems I must be a warrior

Sam finds The Book. It turns out he didn’t write it, because it is already written. It tells the story we have been watching, and it tells the story’send. A sword must be forged and it must be tempered. Noooooooooooo

Gendry

He’s the prince. On the show, he is Fat Bob’s true born heir. Anyway, he hooks up with Arya and it’s pretty much clear that they have the best claim. He might not know, but the show is clearly foreshadowing that he will sit the throne. But he is also a blacksmith.

Sam

Sam shares the news with Gilly who talks him into it; because twitter storm. He can’t make the blade himself, so he ropes in Gendry who uses his time machine to labour 100 days and nights. But when the blade is finished, Gendry takes it to Arya. Nooooooooooooo

Arya

Anyway, they embrace and kiss and cry a bit and get an Emmy. “We must” she says and the camera follows their hands grasping the pommel and as the blade comes down we hear the scream of anguish and ecstasy as she gives him the gift.

I’m going to break the wheel

Meanwhile, Dany goes full mad queen and burns up Kings Landing to stop the Night King from weighting up the citizens. There is some logic to this, but it’s not really the done thing for a queen to kill all her citizens. Anyway, Arya does not like it and she kills Dany to stop her. The remaining dragons fly back to Dany in a frenzy, ripping the roofs off the Red Keep to get to her. Finding her dead, they continue their orgy of fire, melting the iron throne in the process. Ayra slips into the tunnels with Dany’s face.

Cersei

Is up in the map room when the roof comes off. Hello Viserys! She reaches out her hand and – ashes.

Arya

We then get the love triangle of the original synopsis, because Tyrion and Jon are both in love with Arya who is wearing Danys face. Urrgh. But right, it turns out that the dragons are fooled by Danayra too so she jumps onto one of them and sets out to find the night king – remember him? 

I want what I was promised I want my crown

The night king. What does he want? He just wants what was promised. Well, he would rather be rid of all those grubby wildlings who have been despoiling his pristine wilderness, but of more concern is that he is dying. It’s been a long old life, but all men must die, even ice men. Now its all about legacy. He can’t father children, so long ago, an heir was promised to him, so that when the time came, a heir would be provided to him. A royal heir, with an unchallengeable claim to the throne. A prince. The Prince he was promised.

Sansa

Who then? John is no good – he is already dead and can’t be “made”. Gendry? Nope, I just killed him too. So who else? If not a Tygarean and not a Barrothean, then who? How about princesses. If Dragons and Valquonars are not gender specific, why not princes as well? Hmm. Shirren. Dead. Dany? Dead by my hand. Cersai? Dead. How about the Kings in the North? Robb’s dead. Jon’s still dead. Rickon is dead. Bran isn’t properly human any more. Who is next in line?

It’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Well, she wanted to be Queen, and now she will be. She has also learned that having a crown on your head does not stop you living in servitude. Well she won’t be in servitude now, she will be absolute monarch of her own icy kingdom. The ice queen. The night queen. Queen of snow.

Arya 

Fly! Fly! Can she get there in time to save Sansa from herself?

Boring stuff.

A trial, empire building, plot hole filling.

Arya 

Fly! Fly!

Jon

Sam explains that once magic leaves the Kingdoms, Jon will die. They have a hug.

Arya

Too late. Sansa has blue eyes and a new coat. Will Arya kill her? They have a long talk and agree to keep to their own sides of the wall. They have a hug.

Epilogue

The gate at the bottom of the wall opens and Sansa’s horse rides out into the snow. She looks back one last time and the camera pulls back to follow her line of sight. Arya, alone on the wall, sword by her side. The camera pulls back again to super wide angle so that she is just a dark speck on the long white wall. We can see the whole of it now, even its roots and as we watch, the snow on the ground starts to melt exposing the soil. And on the earth, we see blades of grass appear. And stalk by stalk, and without any fuss, the ghost grass grows.

Black screen.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:15 AM, Lollygag said:

You've said yourself why I struggle with predictions more eloquently than I could. I freeze up at the possibilities and Westeros is so dangerous and getting more dangerous, so simply choosing life or death seems meaningless. Any character is just an errant weapon away from death no matter where their arc goes. That, and GRRM is much more creative than any given poster on this forum including myself.

But I'll throw some things out without bothering with who lives and who dies. My bias isn't really in characters I like winning or characters I dislike losing so much as just not being bored.

I agree with @Springwatch having a feeling that LF is doing something good but in the most deplorable way possible. Not that he’s a good guy at all. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s doing something good but for completely selfish reasons. His promoting the invisible middle class of Westeros to his own benefit fits right in with this.

I’m also guessing that LF is also deeply tied into the magic of the story. His grey-green sentinel eyes and his comparisons to the CotF, especially when Tyrion offers him Harrenhal (or maybe the Isle of Faces is what he wants?) leads me here. How, why or what he hopes to accomplish, I don’t know. Maybe he gets some sort of Professor Snape treatment.

Agree, on Littlefinger. There's just something about him... maybe the trickery, dishonesty and sleaziness just mark him out as the antidote to the perfect and honourable character of winter.

I don't know. :dunno:  Cersei defies analysis. I don't know if she's setting with the sun, or rising with the moon.

Based on some foreshadowing—Sansa will be the married to the head Other against her will of course as that’s her thing. Not sure if this is the NK or not and it won’t be Jon or Stannis. She’ll use her gaming skills on the head Other to try to take him down from inside. And there must always be a Stark in Winterfell ties in somehow…My bias here is that I don't want to see the story break from the game and grey characters into some dull action-y good vs evil thing. Sansa using her political skills against the Others would be the most interesting option for me and keep the Game going all through the series.

:agree:

I'm not going to swear to precise details (UnJon would be sufficiently horrible as the bridegroom), but yes - a marriage of ice in opposition to Dany's marriage of fire. And who's going to do it but Sansa? (This marriage has got to fail.)

Of course, this could be her death as well as her end-game. We've been primed with stories of humans in supernatural marriages, bur the survival rate is (presumably) not good. And all the mentions of leeching and embalming and hot red blood make me nervous for her safety in her winter wonderland.

I'm also starting to think the title of the series is a bit of a red herring. Ice and Fire guides the reader toward a focus on the Starks vs Targs. But that may not be right. The Lannisters have been part of this from the beginning. As have the Greyjoys. I think these two families may play a much larger role than we think in the ending and the balance of things though I'm not sure how at all.

Yes.

21 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

Agree, on Littlefinger. There's just something about him... maybe the trickery, dishonesty and sleaziness just mark him out as the antidote to the perfect and honourable character of winter.

I don't know. :dunno:  Cersei defies analysis. I don't know if she's setting with the sun, or rising with the moon.

:agree:

I'm not going to swear to precise details (UnJon would be sufficiently horrible as the bridegroom), but yes - a marriage of ice in opposition to Dany's marriage of fire. And who's going to do it but Sansa? (This marriage has got to fail.)

Of course, this could be her death as well as her end-game. We've been primed with stories of humans in supernatural marriages, bur the survival rate is (presumably) not good. And all the mentions of leeching and embalming and hot red blood make me nervous for her safety in her winter wonderland.

Yes.

Totally agree on Cersei. Her last words in ADWD were especially mysterious. I don't know if the walk was foreshadowing or not, but I went with what I think will be interesting. But that's all I got there.

On Sansa, yeah it may end in her death. But I don't discount certain characters going the Bloodraven route just in different magical ways. I also wonder about some endings like the Demeter/Persephone/Hades myth. Sansa would fit right in with that, but then Sansa did reject LF's pomegranate. The Dany/Sansa thing is interesting. Sansa is increasing linked to ice (she's now almost compulsively drawn to cold in a weird way), but her hair is fire. Dany is fire, but her hair is silvery ice. And they have lemons in common but maybe that doesn't mean much :dunno: Maybe the seasons are balanced by Jon being Persephone and spending part of his time with fire and part of his time with ice. But Jon rejected the Old Pomegranate.

Dany did take the pomegranate.

ACOK Daenerys III

Reclining on cool satin cushions, Xaro Xhoan Daxos poured ruby-red wine into matched goblets of jade and gold, his hands sure and steady despite the sway of the palanquin. "I see a deep sadness written upon your face, my light of love." He offered her a goblet. "Could it be the sadness of a lost dream?"

"A dream delayed, no more." Dany's tight silver collar was chafing against her throat. She unfastened it and flung it aside. The collar was set with an enchanted amethyst that Xaro swore would ward her against all poisons. The Pureborn were notorious for offering poisoned wine to those they thought dangerous, but they had not given Dany so much as a cup of water. They never saw me for a queen, she thought bitterly. I was only an afternoon's amusement, a horse girl with a curious pet.

Rhaegal hissed and dug sharp black claws into her bare shoulder as Dany stretched out a hand for the wine. Wincing, she shifted him to her other shoulder, where he could claw her gown instead of her skin. She was garbed after the Qartheen fashion. Xaro had warned her that the Enthroned would never listen to a Dothraki, so she had taken care to go before them in flowing green samite with one breast bared, silvered sandals on her feet, with a belt of black-and-white pearls about her waist. For all the help they offered, I could have gone naked. Perhaps I should have. She drank deep.

"They said no." The wine tasted of pomegranates and hot summer days. "They said it with great courtesy, to be sure, but under all the lovely words, it was still no."

As Dany lifted her goblet to drink, Rhaegal sniffed at the wine and drew his head back, hissing. "Your dragon has a good nose." Xaro wiped his lips. "The wine is ordinary. It is said that across the Jade Sea they make a golden vintage so fine that one sip makes all other wines taste like vinegar. Let us take my pleasure barge and go in search of it, you and I."

Given the seasons thing, I do think the pomegranates and Demeter/Persephone/Hades myth might be clues to the ending though I don't know how. Xaro is discussing the Pureborn here and since we have an offer of Arbor Gold, I think there's a lie in here somewhere. I think I heard somewhere that Qarth didn't make it into TWOIAF because it'd be too spoilery so maybe what Xaro says in this passage (I hacked it out as it was too long) might be important.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:55 AM, lavthelonewolf said:

Guys,what do you think will be the endgame for our characters? Who do you think will survive and who will not?

Tyrion is alive. Daenerys's three (human) children are alive, likely all separated, but alive. Sam is alive.

Daenerys dies giving birth to #3 in the last chapter of ADoS. Jon is already dead (again) by this point.

Either Arya kills Bran or Bran kills Arya or they both kill each other, but it doesn't matter either way. Neither is human anymore even if they live, and both will remain in some form if they die. They are both eldritch horrors and it won't be possible to think of either as anything but when the story ends. Daenerys kills Sansa in Harrenhal in late WoW or early ADoS. This will be understood to be a terrible mistake, as she was the last hope for stopping Fimbulwinter. We won't hear anything about Rickon ever again.

Everyone else who matters is dead. The Others win. The last book ends with Tyrion watching the sun rise just barely, set again minutes later, then it's gone for 20-30 years.

16 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Tyrion is alive. Daenerys's three (human) children are alive, likely all separated, but alive. Sam is alive.

Daenerys dies giving birth to #3 in the last chapter of ADoS. Jon is already dead (again) by this point.

Either Arya kills Bran or Bran kills Arya or they both kill each other, but it doesn't matter either way. Neither is human anymore even if they live, and both will remain in some form if they die. They are both eldritch horrors and it won't be possible to think of either as anything but when the story ends. Daenerys kills Sansa in Harrenhal in late WoW or early ADoS. This will be understood to be a terrible mistake, as she was the last hope for stopping Fimbulwinter. We won't hear anything about Rickon ever again.

Everyone else who matters is dead. The Others win. The last book ends with Tyrion watching the sun rise just barely, set again minutes later, then it's gone for 20-30 years.

You realize George RR Martin said that ASOIAF would have a bittersweet ending, note the sweet part of that, like LOTR. ASOIAF is also a coming-of-age story for the Stark kids, what would be the point of there coming-of-age story if George kills them all off.

ASOIAF isn't Warhammer level Grimderp, no way is it ending with the Omnicidal Ice Elves winning.

Why would Arya become a kinslayer? She's extremely loyal to her family and wouldn't kill one of them for no apparent reason. Same with Bran. 

Hell, Arya's entire story arc is leading her to reject vengeance. All the forshawdowing is leading her to have a confrontation with Lady Stoneheart (vengeance personified), the Vader to Arya's Skywalker. She's already in empathetic person who feels guilty for what she's done, she isn't psychopathic like Roose, Tywin, Gregor, Ramsay, or Euron. 

• 3 weeks later...

Bran - dead - wargs into the origional ww to warn the cotf about what they create but becomes trapped in the spell that drives the ww to kill men. Is heading south to winterfell because a part of bran still exists and wants to go home and warn his family. Ends up being killed by one of the other starks (most likely Jon) after they figure out the only way to stop the ww is to kill bran. 

Jon - alive - he seems like the type who doesn't mind sacrificing himself so I think he will survive but be haunted by what he had to do to end the ww (kill bran). Ends up becoming Lord of winterfell/King in the north/some variation of the two (bittersweet because as a child he harboured the wish to be Lord of winterfell but people he cared about died for him to get it so its an empty honour). Marries val to unite the Wildings and northerners. Kinda hope he has children but there all daughters so it goes back to master aemon talking about never holding a son in his arms. 

Dany - dead - one of my favourite characters but I think is destined to die after gaining the iron throne and fulfilling her aim. Bittersweet because she gained the throne but died shortly after and moves on to get reunited with drogo and rago.

Tyrion - alive - was made dany's heir and becomes king of the iron throne (denied again his birthright to casterly rock) 

Sansa - alive - married to Tyrion. Queen of the iron throne and stuck in Kings landing with a lot of bad memories (got her childhood wish but not the adults) 

Tommen - dead - don't know how but pretty sure he is going to die

Cersie - dead - dies in childbirth of a son fulfilling the prophecy. Baby inherits the rock after tommen dies somehow 

Jamie - dead - dies fighting the ww, defending Jon so as to make up for breaking his promise to raegar to protect the royal children. 

Arya - alive - don't know where she would end up but don't think she's going to die. Maybe made a 'lord' of some castle somewhere or stays with sansa in Kings landing. 

Rickon - dead - killed on skagos? Or by some lord thinking Jon would be a better heir to winterfell. 

Archived