Frankenstein's Army (2013) historical horror/scifi film

Frey Filet

So I searched the forums before posting this thread since the movie is already five years old, but found not mention on it.  Surprisingly, I only recently stumbled upon it as it seemed to have slipped under the radar.  BUT...I can't stress enough much I enjoyed watching this well-done WWII era horror/scifi.  For me, it was basically like walking through a haunted house; I was constantly on edge and a little spooked, but thoroughly enjoying myself at the same time.  It is, admittedly, a found footage film but imo doesn't suffer from the over-the-top jerkiness of other like films.  If anything, the jerky footage enhanced the narrative and really gave the settings a more ominous tone.  But the true highlights of this flick were the hybrid monsters created from the corpses of soldiers and townspeople.  The creatures were essentially fusions of flesh and tech existing at the time of WWII, and the costume designs were so elaborate that CGI was completely unnecessary.  I had no problem with the plot being a bit thin since the monsters were so impressive, and considering fantastical nature of the monsters, the movie shouldn't be taken too seriously.  Here is the trailer:  

I really want to hear people's input on the film and what your suggestions are for similar movies.  And go!

Archived