US Politics: Four Days and Counting

Fragile Bird

Just now, Fez said:

Nate Cohn (and others) think Democrats are going to get a win in NY-11, which would be a true upset. Its Staten Island. Nothing called yet though.

He also thinks Beto winning in TX is outside the margin of error. 

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

He also thinks Beto winning in TX is outside the margin of error. 

In which direction? 

A few more House flips called, looks like there may truly be a blue wave specifically in the former lands of the mostly-extinct country club Republican.

Just now, Fez said:

In which direction? 

A few more House flips called, looks like there may truly be a blue wave specifically in the former lands of the mostly-extinct country club Republican.

Cohn thinks Cruz wins comfortable.

9 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Mass was never going to go dem. And that's probably fine. Maryland is weird though. 

Sadly Gillums loss means almost certainly an Abrams loss, and with the Ohio loss that's the big three gerrymandering cases that are firmly in the GOP bag. 

Hogan was never going to lose.  He's been 15-20 points ahead in polls the whole time.  He even had a 60% approval rating among AAs

Just now, Triskele said:

Anyone have handy how many red-but-could-turn-blue House seats there are in California?  If I recall there are quite a few, so that could represent some late drama.  

There's 4 the Dems should win, 2 more toss ups and 3 more outside shots.  So yes, lots of opportunities there.  

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Laura Kelly!  Fuck you Kobach!

Hell yeah!!!

I wouldn't be surprised at all with election hacking and rigging by hackers among other GOP Shenanigans. I think what's important is not to let that imbue despair but instead determination to keep chipping and pushing and pressing to straighten it out. If it needs to be a long game, we have to hold on.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Cohn thinks Cruz wins comfortable.

Shame.

I didn't think Democrats would win the Senate (though clearly even my D+1 projection was wildly optimistic), but at this rate they're going to be in rough shape for 2020 too. There's some good targets on that map, but not that many.

1 minute ago, Wethers said:

538 now back up above 90% for Dems to take the House.  Less than 3% (my translation:  0%) to take the Senate.  How many Dem Senate seats are we looking at - 46?  47?

I reckon 47 at best yeah. 

Archived