NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Jaime L

Yeah the Celtics won, but maybe should be a bit concerning that it took making 24 3's on 44% shooting at home to just barely edge out the Bucks. The top of the East with the Bucks, Raptors and Celtics is looking legit. 

Also, pretty cool how the best player of all time now plays in LA. 

2 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah the Celtics won, but maybe should be a bit concerning that it took making 24 3's on 44% shooting at home to just barely edge edge out the Bucks. The top of the East with the Bucks, Raptors and Celtics is looking legit. 

Nothing would make me happier than LeBron finally leaving the East and the Bucks becoming the class of the conference instead of the Celtics. 

Wow.  Ok.  Can I talk about the Nuggets now?  9-1, playing a great switching defense, and the Jokic/Harris dribble handoff seems unstoppable.  And then tonight, Murry goes off for 48 against the Celtics.

They are winning the games they are supposed to and are thus far 3-0 at home verse probably playoff teams, including the Celtics and the Warriors.  Guys I think this is at least a 4 seed this year and that may be too cautious.

They have some issues.  Jokic is not a great five on the defensive end (though they are letting Milsap take the five and Jokic is getting steals on the perimeter making up for it).  I am not sure Murry is every going to hit the ceiling we hope for unless he gets better at ball handling.  And while they may be the best matchup vs the Warriors regular season I am well aware playoff basketball is going to be a shock for this team.

But I think Jokic and Harris both make the all-star team this year, and I told everyone last year Jokic should have been third team all-NBA last year and this year he will get it.  Plumlee is a starting quality center who has embraced his backup role.  And Milsap is the only key piece of this team over the age of 26, they will run people off the floor all season.

I know I hit and run this thread once in a while but after watching my team take down Celtics I knew I had to give them some love over here. 

I always wanted the Wolves to take Murray over Dunn. Give me the 19 year old microwave who can be taught D over the 22 year old defensive stud who can't shoot. He and LaVine combined for 89 points last night. We could have had that plus Markkanen. Instead we got a snake.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I always wanted the Wolves to take Murray over Dunn. Give me the 19 year old microwave who can be taught D over the 22 year old defensive stud who can't shoot. He and LaVine combined for 89 points last night. We could have had that plus Markkanen. Instead we got a snake.

I’m a fan of Murray. :thumbsup: 

20 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’m a fan of Murray. :thumbsup: 

I bet you weren't a fan of that beat down that took place last night. I heard that was the most Kentucky has given up in both the first and second half since 1989, and it was the worst loss in Cal's career.

All bow to Zion! 

:P 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I bet you weren't a fan of that beat down that took place last night. I heard that was the most Kentucky has given up in both the first and second half since 1989, and it was the worst loss in Cal's career.

All bow to Zion! 

:P 

Too soon, Tywin.  Too soon.

:crying: 

Bucks are apparently for real, their current record looks impressive by itself, but they also have had a pretty difficult schedule so far.  Clearly the Warriors signed the big man for 7 games only, so Giannis can't just kick everyones head in like that again in the finals.

Giannis is unreal.  I think we are calling him the best in the league in a couple of years.

How did Melo get so bad?  I am a rare Nuggets fan with no real ill-will towards him, he gave us a lot of winning basketball.  But i didn't realize he had fallen so far.  Yikes.

6 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Giannis is unreal.  I think we are calling him the best in the league in a couple of years.

How did Melo get so bad?  I am a rare Nuggets fan with no real ill-will towards him, he gave us a lot of winning basketball.  But i didn't realize he had fallen so far.  Yikes.

Melo has been terrible for a while now.  And the fact that idiots like Stephen A are still saying he should be starting just reiterates how out of touch the blowhard media has gotten.

I like this trade for Butler.  Saric hasn’t been great, but he will pair nicely with KAT.  

Give up Saric, Covington, Bayless, and a 2nd rounder in ‘22 and get an All Pro in return... and your in the East?!!?  Do that every time.  Still does nothing to address the fact that Fultz has Simmons’ game in a smaller body, but it’s a start to really compete.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I like this trade for Butler.  Saric hasn’t been great, but he will pair nicely with KAT.  

Give up Saric, Covington, Bayless, and a 2nd rounder in ‘22 and get an All Pro in return... and your in the East?!!?  Do that every time.  Still does nothing to address the fact that Fultz has Simmons’ game in a smaller body, but it’s a start to really compete.

Even if he's a poisonous arsehole?

East playoffs might actually be entertaining this year for the first time since LeBron's first two years in Miami when the Big 3 Celtics were still a thing, and I don't even remember the last time I went into the East playoffs not knowing who was going to win.

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

The Sixers have even less shooters now.  As a Raps fan I am not worried by them or this trade at all.

Archived