NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Jaime L

I have to reiterate again, how does Thibs still have a job? Some of these jobs he turned down are insane. Plus it's clear that he was never in charge of the locker room. How are his current players supposed to respect him at this point? 

On 11/12/2018 at 12:15 PM, The Lasr Storm said:

Kemba is playing like a MVP. Would really love to see him a Knick and bring him to MSG where he lit it up against Georgetown in the Big East (how i miss the big east) tourney final.

Cardiac Kemba. 5 wins in 5 days. Never forget! And they beat Louisville and not G’Town in the finals that year(although they took them out along the way). 

Of course Kemba’s having his worst game of the year today, but I just wanna see him on a contender next season. I hate the Knicks but it would be cool to see him back in MSG too. 

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have to reiterate again, how does Thibs still have a job? Some of these jobs he turned down are insane. Plus it's clear that he was never in charge of the locker room. How are his current players supposed to respect him at this point? 

Kevin O'Connor called for a Thibs firing a few months into LAST season. It was a horrible decision by the Wolves to give this guy the keys to the organization, he's got a horrific track record with new players and deserves to be nothing more than a defensive assistant coach. 

In other news it brings me lots of petty joy to see Durant and Dreymond go at each other. Hilarious to watch the clip of Green ignoring KD who is clapping as hard as he can clap to try and get the ball from Green in the last few seconds of the 4th quarter against the Clips. What happened on the bench, and then in the locker room, is even funnier. Implode dynasty, implode!!

There is clearly stuff going on at Golden State. I wonder what it was that Green said to Durant about Durant's upcoming free agency:

I was reading at Rotoworld and:

Draymond Green has been suspended without pay for Tuesday's game against the Hawks.
Green brought up Kevin Durant's free agency decisions during Monday's heated exchange following an overtime loss to the Clippers, in addition to hurling some insults his way, and that crossed a line that will incur a team-enforced suspension. Word is that this could be Durant's final year with the Warriors, and that obviously hasn't sat well with Green.

Now obviously whether it's his final year is the big topic of speculation, but if this is true then it is causing tension with Green especially. And then after that they apparently had a good blowup between other players and Green about Green's play. with Green refusing to back down.

It would be good to see Durant leave this crowd. As much as he's been maligned, he is still by far the player I like the most on that team, and any move away from Golden State is good for the competitive balance.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Kevin O'Connor called for a Thibs firing a few months into LAST season. It was a horrible decision by the Wolves to give this guy the keys to the organization, he's got a horrific track record with new players and deserves to be nothing more than a defensive assistant coach. 

I thought he should have been fired after last season before the Butler situation happened. It was abundantly clear that he hasn’t changed. He’s still overplaying guys and he runs an antiquated system on both ends of the floor. I’m not even sure he should be a defensive assistant coach. He should probably be at the college level at this point.

13 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Cardiac Kemba. 5 wins in 5 days. Never forget! And they beat Louisville and not G’Town in the finals that year(although they took them out along the way). 

Of course Kemba’s having his worst game of the year today, but I just wanna see him on a contender next season. I hate the Knicks but it would be cool to see him back in MSG too. 

You sure it was Lville in the final that year? All i remember is the Kemba crossover and fade away jumper.

The game i refrenced was against Pitt, my bad.

On the Butler trade, to me that seems a very good deal for both parties.

Sixers get an upgrade in their starting line-up. Butler has a lot to prove now.

T-Wolves get Saric and Covington, two nice pieces. I'm really not sure that there would have been a better offer, I think Butler is in the last year of his deal.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

I feel like the Warriors have fake drama every year.  They're still going to sleepwalk their way to a title win.

Idk about that. They've been pushed at multiple points during the past four playoffs runs outside of Durant's first year. They were down 2-1 twice in 2015, down 3-1  and blew a 3-1 lead in 2016, and last year the Rockets had them 3-2 and at home. They could have easily blown it at one of these points in time. And there are a lot of good teams right now. Denver is on the rise, but the West is a mess right now. And for once in a long time the East has several legit contenders. Toronto, Milwaukee*, Philly and Boston could all give them trouble in the Finals. And we've already had our first Curry injury. I do think the Warriors are still the heavy favorites, but to me it does not feel anywhere as certain as last year.

*Of all the teams, I think the Bucks would be the biggest threat. They are long AF which the Warriors hate and Freaky Greeky is unstoppable, If they can make a trade to add another piece, they will probably come out of the East. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk about that. They've been pushed at multiple points during the past four playoffs runs outside of Durant's first year. They were down 2-1 twice in 2015, down 3-1  and blew a 3-1 lead in 2016, and last year the Rockets had them 3-2 and at home. They could have easily blown it at one of these points in time. And there are a lot of good teams right now. Denver is on the rise, but the West is a mess right now. And for once in a long time the East has several legit contenders. Toronto, Milwaukee*, Philly and Boston could all give them trouble in the Finals. And we've already had our first Curry injury. I do think the Warriors are still the heavy favorites, but to me it does not feel anywhere as certain as last year.

*Of all the teams, I think the Bucks would be the biggest threat. They are long AF which the Warriors hate and Freaky Greeky is unstoppable, If they can make a trade to add another piece, they will probably come out of the East. 

Sure, but at the end of the day the refs will help them win when it matters just like they did last year.

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

Sure, but at the end of the day the refs will help them win when it matters just like they did last year.

Flip side is they were your friends in 2016. I'm still shocked how dramatically they changed the way they were calling the Finals after game 4. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Flip side is they were your friends in 2016. I'm still shocked how dramatically they changed the way they were calling the Finals after game 4. 

Yeah, it has a tendency to vary drastically from game to game pending each ref crew.  But the refs basically stole the WCF for the Warriors last year.  It was embarrassing.  And they fucked the Cavs over hard in game one of the Finals too, although I don't think it ultimately would have mattered much even if Cleveland had won that one.

14 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Speaking of the Cavs, tanking hard to get Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett. Understandable really, they could land another no.1 pick and there are two standout talents.

Would be nice to get another number one pick, but I worry we may have used up all our luck last time LeBron left.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:15 PM, The Lasr Storm said:

Kemba is playing like a MVP. Would really love to see him a Knick and bring him to MSG where he lit it up against Georgetown in the Big East (how i miss the big east) tourney final.

And I would actually like to see the Hornets with a competitive team so that we are not an afterthought in the NBA thread. :p

Archived