NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Jaime L

On 12/25/2018 at 1:52 AM, IamMe90 said:

Doncic is the real deal and obvious ROTY. His clutchness is absurd. Also he fine 

Have you seen his madre?

Anyways, I think he's clearly going to win the award, but I don't know if he has the highest ceiling. I still would have taken Ayton over him, but he should have absolutely gone second. The Hawks will be kicking themselves for the next decade plus for trading him away (plus I don't think Young will be that good). 

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Have you seen his madre?

Anyways, I think he's clearly going to win the award, but I don't know if he has the highest ceiling. I still would have taken Ayton over him, but he should have absolutely gone second. The Hawks will be kicking themselves for the next decade plus for trading him away (plus I don't think Young will be that good). 

Young is like if you took Steph Curry's shot selection minus Steph Curry's shot-making ability.

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Young is like if you took Steph Curry's shot selection minus Steph Curry's shot-making ability.

He’s shooting around 25%. Teams need to give up on the idea of finding the next Curry. He’s a once in a lifetime talent.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He’s shooting around 25%. Teams need to give up on the idea of finding the next Curry. He’s a once in a lifetime talent.

We had to go through a lot of Harold Miners before we got Kobe... 

46 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I had to look up who that was.

Also, Kobe is the most overrated superstar in NBA history. Yeah I said it!

You don't remember Baby Jordan?!!?  :lol: 

23 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Have you seen his madre?

I wouldn't take Ayton over Doncic given what we're seeing. Noooooo way.

Ayton would have been a fine no.2 pick but it's clear around the league Doncic is the best player and biggest prospect here.

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

You don't remember Baby Jordan?!!?  :lol: 

I think he was out of the league before I picked up a ball, and I was playing by like the second grade.

Still remember my first NBA game. Got to see the GOAT!!! And Michael Jordan. 

30 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I wouldn't take Ayton over Doncic given what we're seeing. Noooooo way.

Ayton would have been a fine no.2 pick but it's clear around the league Doncic is the best player and biggest prospect here.

I think what's clear is he's the most NBA ready, which makes sense since he's been playing against pros for years. And don't get me wrong, I love his game and think he will be a perennial All-Star. I just think that Ayton could be better than him by the end of their third seasons. Right now Luka is averaging 19/6/5, which is awesome, but Ayton's line is really good too at 16/11/2 and his eFG% is 10 points higher. Furthermore, his rookie line is noticeably better than AD's rookie year, and I think Davis is the third best player in the NBA. Both are young studs, but when drafting, you go for the uber athletic big with a decent shot over the mystery box that was Luka. You have to hit with the top pick, and Luka was too high variance to take the chance on IMO. 

So a few days after losing to the Suns, the Magic are beating the Raptors by 28 with two minutes left.  Vucevic has 30, 20, and 8 assists in 33 minutes.  I don't think they're re-signing him, so I really hope they trade him for something.  Dude should get something good.  Anyway, what a weird fucking team.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think what's clear is he's the most NBA ready, which makes sense since he's been playing against pros for years. And don't get me wrong, I love his game and think he will be a perennial All-Star. I just think that Ayton could be better than him by the end of their third seasons. Right now Luka is averaging 19/6/5, which is awesome, but Ayton's line is really good too at 16/11/2 and his eFG% is 10 points higher. Furthermore, his rookie line is noticeably better than AD's rookie year, and I think Davis is the third best player in the NBA. Both are young studs, but when drafting, you go for the uber athletic big with a decent shot over the mystery box that was Luka. You have to hit with the top pick, and Luka was too high variance to take the chance on IMO. 

I wouldn't say Ayton will be a new Davis though. Karl Towns was a much more hyped rookie than Ayton was, and even he's not in Anthony Davis territory after a few years. 

It all depends on what sort of player you're looking for as a team of course. To me Doncic is the bigger talent, very versatile.

Ayton just looks like he will become a capable big.

23 hours ago, Calibandar said:

I wouldn't say Ayton will be a new Davis though. Karl Towns was a much more hyped rookie than Ayton was, and even he's not in Anthony Davis territory after a few years. 

It all depends on what sort of player you're looking for as a team of course. To me Doncic is the bigger talent, very versatile.

Ayton just looks like he will become a capable big.

I'm just generally not a fan of guys who are over seven feet tall and insane athletes but average less than one block a game.  That's a red flag to me.

Yes he is and he has been on a great roll lately. Something like 9 games in a row with more than 35 points, believe Houston now has 9 in 10 consecutive games with him leading the charge ( Paul is out again). It's some sort of record apparently.

There is no one I enjoy watching less than James Harden.  I hate everything about his game; not sure if I hate his 'gather step' or the way he jumps sideways into defenders worse.  Either rule should be changed with fines added as punishment.  

That said it scares the hell out of me how good he has been playing lately because I am not sure the Nuggets have ever beat the Rockets since he joined them.  He absolutely kills them and no matter how much I yell at the refs through the TV I can't take away the fact that he makes every damn shot.

22 hours ago, SkynJay said:

There is no one I enjoy watching less than James Harden.  I hate everything about his game; not sure if I hate his 'gather step' or the way he jumps sideways into defenders worse.  Either rule should be changed with fines added as punishment.  

Preach!!! I don't know if I've ever seen a legit superstar with a less aesthetically appeasing offensive game, and he is arguably the worst defender in the NBA. 

Archived