NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Jaime L

Anyone watching this amazing Spurs-Thunder game? Aldridge has 51 and Westbrook has 24 assists right now. Wild

ETA: Nothing like 5 minute replay reviews to break up a game. Jesus

ETA2: Aldridge- 56pts, 9 boards

Westbrook- 24 pts, 24 assists, 13 boards

Finally beating Houston, at Houston, was a rapturous experience. Giannis launching a heat-seeking missile at Harden was just the icing on the cake. 

In all seriousness though, mad respect to Harden still. While I thought he got a lot of ticky-tack 3pt foul calls, he still absolutely iced our defense until the last couple minutes. His step back 3s are just murderous. Fuck him, but mad props all the same.

I have made my distaste with Harden's game clear, but some of the stats I'm seeing are insane. He's scored 30 or more points in each of his last 17 games, and over the course of that time he's averaging over 40 ppg. That's nuts! And just the other night he scored 38 points while going 1-17 from three. How???

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have made my distaste with Harden's game clear, but some of the stats I'm seeing are insane. He's scored 30 or more points in each of his last 17 games, and over the course of that time he's averaging over 40 ppg. That's nuts! And just the other night he scored 38 points while going 1-17 from three. How???

yeah and a 57 point game this week to top it off. 

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

GSW starting to warm up. Presumably to show that they don't need a dominant centre. 50 pt quarter and 5 on the bounce. 

The statistics I just heard are insane. A deep three in the NBA is considered a shot from between 30 and 35 feet. The league average this year on those shots is 22%. Curry’s is 54%, and he takes more than any other player, which means he’s inflating that 22% stat. Furthermore, over the last four plus seasons, during the span of the Warriors run, Curry is hitting deep threes at a 48% clip. Curry’s lethalness from so far is what makes the Warriors so unstoppable because everyone else is getting easier shots. Durant is the best player on the Warriors, but Curry is by far the most important one.  

2 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Why do teams trade players to Chicago to waive? Is that some cap requirement that does not allow them to do so themselves?

The Rockets saved $2.6 million in their luxury tax bill by trading him to Chicago rather than waiving him themselves.

Archived