Jaime L

NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Mmmmmm, Kings talk.    This next road trip will either feature their playoff run hitting the wall against a bunch of superior teams, or they'll surprise me and everyone else.   The redheaded circus freak who calls the games has targetted 45 wins as a likely magic number to get in the postseason but my eyeballing of the schedule places my real expectation at 38 wins in reality and then hoping for them to surprise teams, and themselves, with some added W's. 

Everyone says you want the 7th seed to avoid being crushed by Golden State, but strangely they've played da warriors real close all 3 times, just coming up 1 or 2 buckets short and letting GS steal one of those after having a late lead and failing to close it out.  Well, it'd probably be easier to ask Fox to make an extra basket in a Golden State series than to face the Nuggets who seem to goliath stomp the kings a bit more dauntingly.  Imagine that.  if sactown slayed the giant nobody else has an answer for, like totally out of nowhere, just by finding that maturity to close those games out during the series with the world watching.  A pipe dream for sure, but that's the point.  It's lovely to be smoking it still at this time of year when games are usually meaningless by january.    And the timing of this post is important, fitting it in before wednesday when they start getting stomped in all likelihood.   Time to take a moment to feel the majesty of yur Sac.

23 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Mmmmmm, Kings talk.    This next road trip will either feature their playoff run hitting the wall against a bunch of superior teams, or they'll surprise me and everyone else.   The redheaded circus freak who calls the games has targetted 45 wins as a likely magic number to get in the postseason but my eyeballing of the schedule places my real expectation at 38 wins in reality and then hoping for them to surprise teams, and themselves, with some added W's. 

Everyone says you want the 7th seed to avoid being crushed by Golden State, but strangely they've played da warriors real close all 3 times, just coming up 1 or 2 buckets short and letting GS steal one of those after having a late lead and failing to close it out.  Well, it'd probably be easier to ask Fox to make an extra basket in a Golden State series than to face the Nuggets who seem to goliath stomp the kings a bit more dauntingly.  Imagine that.  if sactown slayed the giant nobody else has an answer for, like totally out of nowhere, just by finding that maturity to close those games out during the series with the world watching.  A pipe dream for sure, but that's the point.  It's lovely to be smoking it still at this time of year when games are usually meaningless by january.    And the timing of this post is important, fitting it in before wednesday when they start getting stomped in all likelihood.   Time to take a moment to feel the majesty of yur Sac.

As a big college basketball fan (and of course UK specifically) I really do like the Kings.  Their roster is basically a who's who of college all stars.  I'd love to see them make a run.  

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

I mean, the success of the trade still rests on what they do in trade/FA/draft. Still, Dennis Smith Jr is fun to watch.

It also rests on KP's long term health. I'd be nervous about a 7 footer with a torn ACL, who doesn't want to be on your team anyways and, I mean, just look at his frame. He's screams injury risk which is why I was low on him going into the draft.

5 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Everyone says you want the 7th seed to avoid being crushed by Golden State, but strangely they've played da warriors real close all 3 times, just coming up 1 or 2 buckets short and letting GS steal one of those after having a late lead and failing to close it out.  Well, it'd probably be easier to ask Fox to make an extra basket in a Golden State series than to face the Nuggets who seem to goliath stomp the kings a bit more dauntingly.

I gotta say it tickles me to see the Nuggets get a bit of respect.  And I agree they seem to have the Kings figured out.

But as hyped as I am I have no idea what to expect come playoff time; Milsap is the only one with any real playoff experience on the whole team (unless Isiah Thomas actually gets healthy at some point).  Your money would be safer getting Denver than GS.

That said, I would give Denver a good chance vs anyone but GS and Houston right now; not seeing a whole lot more playoff experience across the whole conference.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Told you Knicks fans not to freak out over the trade. You might end up with the better player and you got assets to chase AD with plus you have to max slots open.

Lol

Is PG now 3rd favourite for MVP? If not who is having a better season other than the 2 frontrunners? Personally I'd take him above Harden, his offensive stats aren't as astronomical, but his defence is so much better. 

However Harden did singlehandedly turn around their season when he went on his run. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Is PG now 3rd favourite for MVP? If not who is having a better season other than the 2 frontrunners? Personally I'd take him above Harden, his offensive stats aren't as astronomical, but his defence is so much better. 

I'd have Giannis, Harden, and then Paul, I think.  

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

He should be at least 3rd, if not higher, he's been carrying the Thunder all season on both ends because Westbrook's shot is completely broken. When he doesn't play, they turn from an elite team into an atrocious one (-11.4 Net rating, which is worst in the league level).