Why did Jorah push Dany to go to Asshai?

Daendrew

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, Lluewhyn said:

Regardless of the dragons, who would have kidnapped Rhaego, and how would they have gotten away with the kid without anyone noticing? The Dothraki wanted nothing to do with the magic or anything related to it. If the kid had been discovered, they would likely have killed it. And there weren't a whole lot of people there besides Daenerys, Jorah, and the Dothraki. So, I'd agree that it doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons.

I don't think he's alive.  For the hell of it, I suppose we could entertain one of the Dothraki was really loyal to Drogo and saved his son from the other khals.  He or she spirited the baby away thinking his mother could never protect him from the other khals.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, Anck Su Namun said:

Jorah didn't push Dany.  He was making a suggestion.  I haven't read any comment from Martin about Jorah's advice to Dany.  Jorah doesn't really plan and he could not have planned Drogo's death from sepsis.  Mirri's mud packing had manure and god knows what other nasty things.  

Mud isn't exactly sanitary.  BUT, Drogo chose to ignore instructions and removed the packing.  We may never know.  But the important fact here is Mirri Maaz Duur's confession.  She claimed responsibility for the crime.  

Archived