A New Guessing Game?

honeyed chicken

27 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

None, I have no idea what topics used to be in this game so far. Mainly asoiaf or general too? 

They've been all ASOIAF based, I think.

We could certainly do a general one, but the nice thing about doing ASOIAF is we've all got that in common. If we did something like favorite female TV characters, everybody's going to have a different knowledge base. Makes it a lot harder to guess the rankings.

Yeah, right, that makes sense. I don’t really know what has and hasn’t  been done, and I’m too lazy to check the previous game. The first things popping to my mind are:

Most loved couples

Fanfavorites

Most skilled poisoners 

best and worst character developments 

most annoying characters

it’s hard to separate books and show to be honest. Though I suppose that’s an issue for every game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 11:43 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, right, that makes sense. I don’t really know what has and hasn’t  been done, and I’m too lazy to check the previous game. The first things popping to my mind are:

Most loved couples

Fanfavorites

Most skilled poisoners 

best and worst character developments 

most annoying characters

it’s hard to separate books and show to be honest. Though I suppose that’s an issue for every game. 

On 11/6/2018 at 5:47 PM, Count Balerion said:

Worst party in Westeros? Weirdest Yunkai'i character? I don't know the rules.

I'd forgotten about this and dropped the ball. I may have at least a partial list of topics that have been done - let me look . . .

1. most evil
  2. dynamic duos (eg Gendry & Arya, Ned & Robert, Tyrion & Bronn, etc.)
  3. favorite castles
  4. favorite chapters
  5. favorite historic characters (i.e. they were talked about in the books but died before the story starts. Lyanna & Rhaegar for example.)
  6. favorite minor character
  7. most admirable character
  8. sigils
  9. single combat fighter
  10. character you most want to survive
  11. most dangerous
  12. tragic characters

The rules: host supplies a topic. Players submit top 20 lists pertaining to the topic via pm to the host. Host compiles the lists and makes a master list. Then one by one the host starts at #20 and gives a cryptic hint  and works their way up the list up as players try to guess who/what is on the list in that spot. Correct guesses get you points. Players can either gamble and give one guess for a potential 5 point reward or give three ranked guesses: first gets 3, second 2, third 1 point.

The final five operate on different rules. For the last five characters/objects you submit a ranked top five list, but there are no hints. Instead the answers are revealed one at a time starting with number 5 and right guesses win 10 points each. A player can resubmit their list during this process but right guesses then get 2 points less - 8 points the first resubmit and so on.

My concern is getting players could be hard, and without at least 6 lists, it's not a very good game.

Some more future ideas (assume book unless show is specified. At some point we might have done best cast character in the GOT.):

- Animals. Pets or wild.

- Character you'd most like to bring back to life.

RhaenysBee I like your lists, they're good. CB, those are interesting ideas, but don't know if there are twenty? Maybe if I thought hard enough I could come up with twenty parties, but 20 Yunkaii?

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

I like guessing games but its difficult getting the numbers ad they take a long time.

Too true and probably why another one won't happen now. Hopefully there'll be another book next year and a nice FLOOB with it.

Archived