US Politics: In Through the Out Door

DMC

10 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Bold 2020 prediction: Dems hold in the House, take the Senate and win the Presidency because there will absolutely be a recession before or during 2020. The only thing keeping Trump's numbers from cratering right now is the economy, and this recovery is getting extremely long in the tooth. But, Dems lose House or Senate in 2022 because, like usual, they're left fixing the economy that the Republicans fucked up.

Neck deep in Trump fans at work.  Conversation turns to politics, the first thing they *always* bring forth is the 'great economy.'  In their minds, Trump gets full credit for that and Obama was an utter disaster. Most think the tax cut had a far bigger positive effect than it did.  The conservative attack on health care and SS spooks them a little (lot of them older, looking at medical procedures and retirement), but not a game killer.  'Migrants' - they cross the border without permission, they are automatically criminals, period.  Not open for discussion with these people, Trump doing the right thing with the wall. 

A few talk more in depth, but...well this notion that 'historically the democratic party are the real racists' seems to be taking root.  Had to walk a couple of them through the actual history (southern strategy).  Likewise, they don't have much issue with Trumps dealings with Iran and North Korea.  Climate Change is a bit dicey.

My evaluation: You want to expose Trump as a failure among conservatives (old white people) then focus on the health care debacle.  Little else matters to these people. 

9 minutes ago, davos said:

Walker hasn't won yet.  As of a few minutes ago Evers was up by about 100 votes with large parts of Milwaukee, a Dem stronghold, yet to report.   Very strong chance of a recount,  who ever finishes on top after today.

Evers just went up 30k votes due to 45k absentee ballots came in in Milwaukee

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Well that's fucking awesome. That almost makes up for Florida. Gods, I hated that fucker.

Yeah, that smarmy piece of shit finally got what was coming to him.

Just now, The Great Unwashed said:

Yeah, that smarmy piece of shit finally got what was coming to him.

I bet you he'll get a cabinet position almost immediately. Maybe OMB, or Treasury (Ross and Mnunchin are both rumored to be leaving). 

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

I bet you he'll get a cabinet position almost immediately. Maybe OMB, or Treasury (Ross and Mnunchin are both rumored to be leaving). 

Hah...probably Secretary of Labor, that fucking Koch-funded asshole.

In a silver lining, that fucking stain on humanity Kim Davis was defeated in her re-election bid.

Seems like it's going to go down to the wire to try to get that treasonous shit-smear Dana Rohrabacher out of CA-48.  Not that his Dem opponent is progressive (at all), but Orange County is a red island surrounded by blue, so I guess you take what you can get.

Anyway, please let Rohrabacher get booted from Congress (probably to join the Trump admin somewhere of course).

29 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Neck deep in Trump fans at work.  Conversation turns to politics, the first thing they *always* bring forth is the 'great economy.'  In their minds, Trump gets full credit for that and Obama was an utter disaster. Most think the tax cut had a far bigger positive effect than it did.  The conservative attack on health care and SS spooks them a little (lot of them older, looking at medical procedures and retirement), but not a game killer.  'Migrants' - they cross the border without permission, they are automatically criminals, period.  Not open for discussion with these people, Trump doing the right thing with the wall. 

A few talk more in depth, but...well this notion that 'historically the democratic party are the real racists' seems to be taking root.  Had to walk a couple of them through the actual history (southern strategy).  Likewise, they don't have much issue with Trumps dealings with Iran and North Korea.  Climate Change is a bit dicey.

My evaluation: You want to expose Trump as a failure among conservatives (old white people) then focus on the health care debacle.  Little else matters to these people. 

I think just as important as oversight investigations and subpoena power, House Dems need to pass legislation protecting Obamacare, Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security and pre-existing condition coverage to jam up vulnerable Republican senators for 2020 to show what fucking lying hypocrites they were talking about "protecting" pre-existing conditions in their stump speeches.

Not a terrible night for the Dems in governors’ races. They are going to flip six states, lose one (CT) and were valiant in Georgia. Obviously you have to balance that against the good GOP holds on FL and OH.

ETA: Might be 7 flips actually with WI. I’m losing count.

5 minutes ago, Paxter said:

Not a terrible night for the Dems in governors’ races. They are going to flip six states, lose one (CT) and were valiant in Georgia. Obviously you have to balance that against the good GOP holds on FL and OH.

I think the 6 states you are saying Dems are flipping (governor-wise) are:  Maine, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kansas and New Mexico.  They are going to lose CT as you say.

But in addition, Dems are also going to flip Nevada I think with Sisolak winning.

37 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Fucking Greens in AZ might fuck us all. As of now they have 2.3% of the vote and Sinema is 1.3% down. Not to say those Green voters would have voted for her, but it's better than the alternative.

Green supporters in Arizona actively hurt the environment by voting for a green instead of a democrat, good job at ensuring your worst outcome in the issues you care about morons.

Katie hill down by about 800 votes right now. Worrisome over that because Dante Acosta is beating Christi smith for our state legislative seat, 51-49, and the two races are tracking closely to each other. Looks like the Katie hill race will come down to the wire, and not be known for a while I would guess, most of my acquaintances in the district (and my wife and myself) all voted  by mail.

6 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Green supporters in Arizona actively hurt the environment by voting for a green instead of a democrat, good job at ensuring your worst outcome in the issues you care about morons.

green voters are eugenics loving anti vaxxer scumbags. idk how leftists can think voting for that shit hole party is reasonable.

Archived