US Politics: Dead Pimps Need Not Apply

aceluby

18 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Still almost 400,000 votes left to count in Maricopa, and I doubt they'll be as friendly as this batch (which was almost +15 Sinema!). But a lead's a lead, so if she can just hang on...

And there's been another update in Florida, Nelson's vote deficit is now down to 15,127.

45 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

My heart breaks for Jason Coffman, whose 22 year old son died in the bar shooting. A interview with the devastated father, who waited all night outside the bar to find out out where his son was, is brutally sad. He tracked his son’s cell phone and saw it wasn’t moving anywhere. I guess he hoped his son had just dropped it.

The second last thing he said to his son Cody was ‘please don’t drink and drive’. The last thing he said to his son was ‘I love you’. May that comfort him in his grief.

Yeah that legit made me cry. Hell of a week,

20 minutes ago, Fez said:

Still almost 400,000 votes left to count in Maricopa, and I doubt they'll be as friendly as this batch (which was almost +15 Sinema!). But a lead's a lead, so if she can just hang on...

And there's been another update in Florida, Nelson's vote deficit is now down to 15,127.

Sinema now up to a 8-9k lead with more votes counted on the same site the tweet lists.  (It was only a 2k lead at the time of the tweet).

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Yeah, its now 9610 votes ahead for Sinema (which is now a 49.1-48.6 lead).

In the Nelson case, the lawyers are on it. Picking those two seats up would be awesome.

I remain very pessimistic about Florida.  That state always fucks Democrats over, and you'd be crazy to think it'll suddenly change now. 

Arizona on the other hand I'm getting cautiously optomistic.  I've seen a lot of different vote totals for how many were still outstanding as of yesterday, but I think the common number I've seen is something around 500-600k votes.  So there's still a LOT of votes left to count (they've only done like 150k so far), and Sinema's 9k lead could disappear just as quickly as McSally's 16k lead from earlier today.  BUT, it's better to be ahead than behind, and we just have to hope that most of these votes are in the two big population centers where Sinema is doing well.  I can make an argument for why that would make sense, but nobody really knows. 

4 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Yeah, its now 9610 votes ahead for Sinema (which is now a 49.1-48.6 lead).

In the Nelson case, the lawyers are on it. Picking those two seats up would be awesome.

Yep.  I am just one state over from Zona (Cali) and of course have been to Maricopa county many times.  It has some blue parts and some very red parts, so the next batch could easily be heavily Republican.  Just sayin’ to quell my early optimism...

Unnoted by any media in California is whether or not democrats get a two thirds majority in the legislature. They probably will not in the state senate As the outstanding close seats that could get the chamber past two thirds are generally republican leads at 54% right now , but there are several assembly seats with republicans leading in that 50-52% range that could flip to democrats. I’m hoping that christy smith in my assembly district takes down Dante Acosta (who is a good civil servant for the area but also a party line republican on votes that matter to me, so he’s got to go), since Katie hill has reversed and now won the federal district and the state assembly district has a lot of overlap, I’m hoping that Smith will also flip the district with the final tallying.

6 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

Fuck Tucker Carlson.

Also, fuck the pearl clutching over this. This guy has incited numerous acts of violence, including fucking murder and attempted murder. 

He also laughed about people who were sent pipe bombs. 

He deserves whats going on.

I went to look up what this was about and here's the Washington Post version:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson was at his desk Wednesday evening, less than two hours before his 8 p.m. live show, when he suddenly started receiving multiple text messages.

There was some sort of commotion happening outside his home in Northwest D.C.

“I called my wife,” Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. “She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door.”

His wife, thinking it was a home invasion, locked herself in the pantry and called 911, Carlson said. The couple have four children, but none were home at the time.

The "pearl clutching", as you put it, is fairly universal among the media set and mainly due to the fact that anyone can play this game. It's quite likely that there will be retaliation in kind for this which will give the left part of the media a great opportunity to blame Trump (as usual), but it's small consolation for the people targeted...

21 minutes ago, Altherion said:

I went to look up what this was about and here's the Washington Post version:

The "pearl clutching", as you put it, is fairly universal among the media set and mainly due to the fact that anyone can play this game. It's quite likely that there will be retaliation in kind for this which will give the left part of the media a great opportunity to blame Trump (as usual), but it's small consolation for the people targeted...

False flag! False flag!

House Democrats are considering using their new majority to intervene in a lawsuit brought by 20 conservative state attorneys general that could abolish Obamacare.

The move would come soon after the next Congress is sworn in and marks an early attempt to make good on campaign pledges to protect the Affordable Care Act, House sources told POLITICO. Bringing up a resolution to intervene in the case also would force an early vote that puts chamber's Republicans on record about protecting the law and its popular preexisting condition protections.

Congressional Republicans, facing a backlash over to their attempts to repeal Obamacare, introduced legislation earlier this year that addressed preexisting conditions, though the measures either weren't binding or would have allowed insurers to opt out of paying for treatments.

“A notable difference between us and them is that we actually want to protect these protections,” a House Democratic leadership aide said. “This would specifically authorize the House as a legal party in the lawsuit.”

Democrats are still weighing procedural details. The Trump administration has partially backed the GOP states' suit, arguing that a U.S. District Court in Texas should strike Obamacare's patient protections. A ruling is expected any day.

House Democrats weigh joining Obamacare suit

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/08/house-democrats-obamacare-lawsuit-956606

Snoop Dogg smokes blunt outside White House: 'F--- the president'

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/415754-snoop-dogg-smokes-blunt-outside-white-house-f-k-the-president

Snoop Dogg shared a series of videos online Wednesday of his recent visit to the White House, where he smoked a blunt and lit into President Trump.

The rapper can be seen saying in one clip posted on Instagram that while other Americans were “doing all this other bullshit” amid the midterm elections, he decided to temporarily camp out nearby the White House to smoke, saying: “F--- the president.”

Snoop Dogg could be seen in other clips walking throughout what appears to be Lafayette Park while talking to fans with his blunt in hand. 

Wonderful. Governor Scott in Florida has called out Florida police to investigate the Senate race in Florida, for voter fraud. There has to be fraud, first he led by 50k votes (I'm not using the exact numbers) then it was 30k, then later in the day it was 20k, and now it's 15k. Obviously the Democrats are involved in voter fraud.

And just as obviously the Democrats are smuggling in fake ballots. The president agrees.

8 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Well, Zinke is leaving, or crawling out.

Surely you mean chauffeured out, at taxpayer expense, along with a few buddies. Or was that just his trash houseguests?

The petty venality in all of these fucking grifters is amazing. They all deserve to be jailed and fucked with relentlessly by other inmates.

10 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Surely you mean chauffeured out, at taxpayer expense, along with a few buddies. Or was that just his trash houseguests?

The petty venality in all of these fucking grifters is amazing. They all deserve to be jailed and fucked with relentlessly by other inmates.

I saw wolf of Wall Street rich people who go to jail (because the system to keep them out of jail even though guilty somehow malfunctioned) go to special jails that are more like resorts. So sending people like Zinke to jail is just asking to send them on a nice vacation.

Archived