US Politics: Dead Pimps Need Not Apply

aceluby

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He likely won’t be now. Not with this stooge in place.

Wouldn't any attempt to quash an indictment be construed as obstruction of justice? Especially if there is an existing obstruction of justice charge? 

6 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

For perspective, people threatened Tucker Carlson and tried to break into his house while his wife was home alone. They said he is inciting hatred and  violence and murder, and needs to be stopped. Lots of people on the far left either downplay it as "just protesting", or admit that they think it's deserved. I think this warrants a mention in a discussion about the source of division and polarization today. For perspective.

For perspective how many bombs were sent to Democrats? How many people were shot in a synagogue? How many people were shot last week in a bar in California? How many voters were disenfranchised before the election? 

Stupid is as stupid writes. 

Seems like some failures of propositional logic here:

Proposition 1: So-and-so did X.

Proposition 2: So and so is a shit-smear because they did X.

Proposition 3: I do X as well.

Conclusion: I am somehow not a shit-smear like so-and so.

I guess the logic here is that if I do X-1 though, I am better than the shit-smear and therefore morally superior? :dunno:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/415886-remove-whitaker-protect-mueller-defend-democracy

The information and speculations in the article include:

Because Mueller and grand juries were well aware in recent months of the possibility of a Saturday Night Massacre shortly after the midterm elections, the odds are high that we may soon learn of major indictments that have been issued and sealed to avoid interfering in the elections.

This AM I listened to a long discussion of Whitacker among several constitutional law experts.  They think it will be very difficult 1) for him to be confirmed; 2) he will not be able to shut down the investigation; 3) he himself will be subject to investigation and prosecution.

I'm as far from knowledgable in these matters as one can get, so I only pass this one.  I have no opinion either way about what these individuals said.  The only thing I do know is that nobody outside the investigation team knows what Mueller and his team have done, have discovered and what they plan.

Some people knocked hard on Carlson’s door and spray painted on it.

Meanwhile he laughed at Democrats getting bombs sent to them, regularly has on guests who say things like that Hispanic-American kids aren’t really Americans and the large numbers of them in the Southwest means that the border with Mexico has moved north, Carlson lhimself has said that Mexican-Americans are basically agents of Mexico with a goal of packing the US electorate when those kids come of age and can vote, claimed that Democrats invented sexual harassment purely as a means to hurt Republicans, and has David Duke and Richard Spencer calling him their biggest ally in the media.

Scaring his wife sucks and is wrong, but compared with all the wrong and sucky things he’s done and been apart of, you’ll have to excuse me if I respond by shrugging my shoulders and saying “Meh.”

Since Friday afternoons are usually slow news time, I'd like to check in on some big stories from the last few days:

Migrant caravan full of Muslim infiltrators (Republicans can't tell brown people apart and assume no one else can either)! Where is the caravan now? The administration and their propagandists seem to have stopped talking about this! Why? Did the caravan infiltrators travel through the Gnomes of Zurich's secret tunnels to fuck with Florida's votes?

Mueller rape claims! Nothing since a hack lawyer and a bedwetting banned day-trader had their sham press event. Is @Frog Eater still breathlessly waiting for Gateway Pundit to drop another shoe?

14 minutes ago, Paladin of Ice said:

Some people knocked hard on Carlson’s door and spray painted on it.

Meanwhile he laughed at Democrats getting bombs sent to them, regularly has on guests who say things like that Hispanic-American kids aren’t really Americans and the large numbers of them in the Southwest means that the border with Mexico has moved north, Carlson lhimself has said that Mexican-Americans are basically agents of Mexico with a goal of packing the US electorate when those kids come of age and can vote, claimed that Democrats invented sexual harassment purely as a means to hurt Republicans, and has David Duke and Richard Spencer calling him their biggest ally in the media.

Scaring his wife sucks and is wrong, but compared with all the wrong and sucky things he’s done and been apart of, you’ll have to excuse me if I respond by shrugging my shoulders and saying “Meh.”

I tend to agree. She knows what he does at work and the stuff he spouts. If she was that opposed to it, she'd divorce him. 

49 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I tend to agree. She knows what he does at work and the stuff he spouts. If she was that opposed to it, she'd divorce him. 

Indeed. I have reservations about this sort of protest, but it's somewhat hypocritical of Carlson to object.

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

For perspective, people threatened Tucker Carlson and tried to break into his house while his wife was home alone. They said he is inciting hatred and  violence and murder, and needs to be stopped. Lots of people on the far left either downplay it as "just protesting", or admit that they think it's deserved. I think this warrants a mention in a discussion about the source of division and polarization today. For perspective.

I already addressed this. 

Most def. a false flag attack. I even have proof.

I am sure that they were all actors paid by Carlson himself. Now it may not even had happened. Where is the video? Police Report? I call it BS !!!

Tucker Carlson paid right-wing activists to pretend to be left-wing activists to mess up his home a little to engender sympathy for his racist screeds against immigrants and to GET PAID SON! I hear someone already started a GoFundMe account for him to help pay for repairs to the house and it already has fifty bazillion dollars in it. 

Sounds more than a little fishy to me...

I also heard that the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson and J.D. Rockefeller were involved as well. Something shady is totally afoot!

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

For perspective:

The people calling this a false flag have exactly the same amount of evidence as those who declare it was a crazy right left-winger. Zero. Until we have some information, it's all just speculation.

what's the point in making conclusions until we have evidence?

I don't condemn anyone yet, expect [sic] those that act as if this was a settled matter, even though we have no information.

Sound familiar? 

In my opinion, the protesters were wrong to do what they did at Tucker's house. No one should feel threatened in their own home or have their family feel threatened. I do hope he stops to think about why he specifically was targeted. He won't, but his name wasn't randomly drawn out of a hat.

24 minutes ago, Ser Reptitious said:

For perspective:

Sound familiar? 

When I wrote that we had absolutely no information about the suspect, now we know it was far left "protesters", we have the police reports, we have the Smash Racism DC twitter page publishing Tucker Carlson's and various other right wing people's doxxes online.  This is different.

1 minute ago, SweetPea said:

When I wrote that we had absolutely no information about the suspect, now we know it was far left "protesters", we have the police reports, we have the Smash Racism DC twitter page publishing Tucker Carlson's and various other right wing people's doxxes online.  This is different.

Sorry - how do we know these things? That's what the news has claimed, but that's not what the police report states.

Anyway, here:

I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard.

Any guesses who said that?

3 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Did you write this out and then seriously say to yourself, "Yeah, that's the ticket! That'll show them!"?

3 hours ago, maarsen said:

Wouldn't any attempt to quash an indictment be construed as obstruction of justice? Especially if there is an existing obstruction of justice charge? 

My understanding is Mueller has to first ask for permission before he indite someone. Rosenstein has worked well with him. The new guy will likely block everything and defund the investigation once the current funding runs out. And  once Muller is done, he will have to give his report to Whitaker, and he can put it in his desk and that will be the last of it. The House can get it, but it will be a struggle. 

That's why there's speculation that Mueller has already registered indictments on several actors. The're just sealed at the moment if that's the case. 

Somebody here with procedural knowledge (?) will need to comment, but here be an update from the Arizona fiasco.  A settlement.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/settlement-reached-in-tight-arizona-senate-vote-count/ar-BBPvCJD?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=msnclassic

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona Republicans and Democrats agreed Friday to give rural voters an extra chance to fix problems with their ballots in the count of the state's tight Senate race.

That's a compromise after Republicans filed a lawsuit seeking to stop urban voters from using those procedures. The settlement was announced in a Phoenix courtroom.

The counties have until Nov. 14 to address the issue.

The Republican lawsuit alleged that the state's county recorders don't follow a uniform standard for allowing voters to address problems with their mail-in ballots, and that Maricopa and Pima counties improperly allow the fixes for up to five days after Election Day.

As to 'what we know', this is a first-hand eyewitness account of what happened. Note some interesting details, like the idea that no one cracked the door (which isn't in the police report either). 

I do think that this isn't a good thing to do. Do it at Fox News Studios or something like that; don't act like this at people's houses. 

Archived