Births

alostsister

The youngest main character in the novels is Bran or Shireen, right? None of the major houses have had any pregnancies or births that I'm aware of. They've all been too preoccupied with the Iron Throne and fighting. Can anyone direct me to a part I might have missed? Why aren't there any pregnancies, other than Gilly's, to take notice of? And the walkers, the dead, keep growing in numbers...

2 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Fat Walda and Roslin Frey are both pregnant. 

As is Walder's 8th wife. To add to the children who are either babies/toddlers or born during the series we have the two children of Benfrey, Lothar's two youngest daughters, the youngest son of Morya Frey Jon Brax, Jaime and Tywin the newborn twins of Raymund Frey and Hostella the newborn daughter of Arwood. 

Ermesande Hayford, infant bride of Tyrek Lannister. She was born in 298.

Lollys Stokeworth was pregnant and crying on Sansa's wedding.

In ASOS, Dany V, she was talking with a pregnant woman, one of slaves.

ASOS, Sansa I - Alyce Graceford, a woman from Margaery's entorage, was also pregnant.

4 hours ago, Megorova said:

Lollys Stokeworth was pregnant and crying on Sansa's wedding.

She gave birth to Tyrion.

A mentally challenged mother who got pregnant from the smallfolk raping her, his grandparents and aunt are dead, his stepfather is like the most cutthroat guy out there and hes got the name of the most infamous man alive. Jesus, I wish the kid luck

Rickon is about 5 at this time, far younger than Bran or Shireen.

Tommen (born in 291) is younger than both Bran (290) and Shireen (289).

Janei Lannister, daughter of Kevan and sister to Lancel, is 3 or 4.

Fat Walda Frey is pregnant by Roose Bolton, and Roslin Frey is pregnant by Edmure Tully.

Robb Stark attempted to get his wife, Jeyne Westerling, pregnant, but was apparently thwarted by her mother.

Ramsay Bolton attempted to get his wife, the fake Arya Stark (Jeyne Poole), pregnant.  Whether he succeeded is not yet known.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Nevets said:

Ramsay Bolton attempted to get his wife, the fake Arya Stark (Jeyne Poole), pregnant.  Whether he succeeded is not yet known.

Forgive me for not clarifying earlier and forgetting about Lollys, Tommen, and Rickon.   Jeyne Poole's pregnancy could come into play. Ramsay's awful letter to Jon was a catalyst in DWD. A little bit of hope for the future, the youth and" to-be-borns". Did anyone else notice the imbalance between death and birth, and if so, what were your thoughts?

On 11/8/2018 at 10:12 PM, alostsister said:

The youngest main character in the novels is Bran or Shireen, right? None of the major houses have had any pregnancies or births that I'm aware of. They've all been too preoccupied with the Iron Throne and fighting. Can anyone direct me to a part I might have missed? Why aren't there any pregnancies, other than Gilly's, to take notice of? And the walkers, the dead, keep growing in numbers...

There are some pregnancys mentioned, but we also dont know if some Royces, daynes or Rowans or other houses have some babies coming. I think the reason that the big houses dont have any is maybe due to the fact they like to find a good match. The Tyrells have sons in that age and the Martells daugthers and also the Ironborn have sons and in the next novel we see many more in the Vale. So i dont think it means anything other than finding a suitable match and dont waste them on unimportant houses. Maybe the arriving of Aegon in Westeros and the coming wars will Allie more house through marriage and eventually a babyboom.

Archived