Jump to content
Stormking902

If Danny truly wants a Targaryan dynasty!

Recommended Posts

As soon as she hears of (F)Aegon she will seek him out and offer her hand in mariage and her army to assist him in reclaiming Westeros on the condition she holds the power until her death and then (F)Aegon will hold the actual power of a king not just in name.

 

She thinks she is barron, the Targs cant survive without (F)Aegon. Even if she suspects he might be fake does it really matter if he is a good man and is furthering the Targaryan dynasty?. Valaryan features is the most important aspect which (F)Aegon had in aces. 

Edited by Stormking902
Posted by accident originally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

As soon as she hears of (F)Aegon she will seek him out and offer her hand in mariage and her army to assist him in reclaiming Westeros on the condition she holds the power until her death and then (F)Aegon will hold the actual power of a king not just in name.

 

She thinks she is barron, the Targs cant survive without (F)Aegon. Even if she suspects he might be fake does it really matter if he is a good man and is furthering the Targaryan dynasty?. Valaryan features is the most important aspect which (F)Aegon had in aces. 

I guess it all depends on when fAegon and Dany meet, if they ever do. What Jon Snows parentage turns out to be, and whether or not fAegon turns out to be a Targ at all.

God, Winds needs to come out!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's currently married. She'd have to get Hizdahr killed first to marry Aegon.

If Daenerys truly wants a Targaryen dynasty, she should get herself a competent council that can help her conquer and rule better than she did so far.

If Valyrian features were the most important aspect, surely all it would take is a sweep of Lysene brothels. So obviously looks are not a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

As soon as she hears of (F)Aegon she will seek him out and offer her hand in mariage and her army to assist him in reclaiming Westeros on the condition she holds the power until her death and then (F)Aegon will hold the actual power of a king not just in name.

...if he outlives her? Both are teenagers, he two years her senior,

4 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

She thinks she is barron, the Targs cant survive without (F)Aegon. Even if she suspects he might be fake does it really matter if he is a good man and is furthering the Targaryan dynasty?. Valaryan features is the most important aspect which (F)Aegon had in aces. 

And what does she expect to happen as they age and stay barren?

Who does Dany want to see as her legitimate heir/ess, assuming she stays barren as she expects?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaak said:

...if he outlives her? Both are teenagers, he two years her senior,

And what does she expect to happen as they age and stay barren?

Who does Dany want to see as her legitimate heir/ess, assuming she stays barren as she expects?

(F)Aegon is her heir and his children with a second wife or paramour would be his heir, Danny needs to be practical a king or queen with no heirs is very dangerous and in most cases means an end to that dynasty. Danny would still be the childs mother just not biologically although they would still share the same blood if (f)Aegon is suppose to be Aegon.  

The Targaryans were successful because to the public they were above every other Great house no other house in Westeros could have successfully united ALL of Westeros but a foreign Valaryon dragonlord family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

The Targaryans were successful because to the public they were above every other Great house no other house in Westeros could have successfully united ALL of Westeros but a foreign Valaryon dragonlord family. 

I'm pretty sure it was 'cause of dragons. And they didn't unite, they conquered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaak said:

...if he outlives her? Both are teenagers, he two years her senior,

And what does she expect to happen as they age and stay barren?

Who does Dany want to see as her legitimate heir/ess, assuming she stays barren as she expects?

The girl is sixteen years old.  There is plenty of time.  She will most probably pick husbands who can bind her future empire together.  Hizdahr for the Ghiscari and a Dothraki strongman for the Dothraki.  I doubt she's barren.  She is the agent of change.  Normal rules do not apply.  She can have as many consorts as she desires. 

Aegon has something to offer.  So does Wylas Tyrell.  Jon Snow has nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The girl is sixteen years old.  There is plenty of time.  She will most probably pick husbands who can bind her future empire together.  Hizdahr for the Ghiscari and a Dothraki strongman for the Dothraki.  I doubt she's barren. 

Assume she isn´t barren, because Mirri Maz Duur just lied about that.

Daenerys does mention missing menstruation recently. So suppose it is a pregnancy,

She herself is unsure if it was Hizdahr or Daario. Well, Daario was not too publicized, so officially Hizdahr it is.

If Daenerys wins battle of Meereen, Hizdahr dies for betraying her and Daenerys packs up and sails for Westeros - what would sundry supporters of hers think of a heir/ess fathered by a dead traitor from a faraway country?

13 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

She is the agent of change.  Normal rules do not apply.  She can have as many consorts as she desires. 

To what use?

As long as she believes herself barren, extra consorts will not make her less barren.

And the words of Mirri Maz Duur were "until your womb quickens and you bear a live child".  Pregnancy would not prove her a liar because a pregnancy resulting in a full term stillborn monster would be a reasonable interpretation. Daenerys will not know she can have a live child till she has.

13 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Aegon has something to offer.  So does Wylas Tyrell.  Jon Snow has nothing. 

As far as she knows, none of them can offer her a live child of her body.

And when she has been proven wrong then she has that child already. Well, she may make spares...

There is that certain problem with Aegon. If he is real then by line of succession, Aegon should sit Iron Throne, and Daenerys should just report to duty to him. What pretexts would Daenerys have to claim Iron Throne over real Aegon? That Aerys officially purported to disinherit Aegon after Trident? That Daenerys gained the throne by her dragons and armies? That would be the claim of Maegor, with teats.

Jon Snow can easily be dismissed. Targaryen bastard - still a bastard. And if Daenerys "legitimizes" her, then it is wholly sensible to recognize him behind her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Daenerys supposedly isn’t barren she doesn’t have the best track record according to a lot of people. Lost first child and supposedly had a miscarriage with the second. Even if she’s not barren, can she even give birth? She was sick for a long time following her first pregnancy and is sick now. It doesn’t look to good for her to be having a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misspelling the main character's name is not going to change the fact that she is the main character!  

13 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

As soon as she hears of (F)Aegon she will seek him out and offer her hand in mariage and her army to assist him in reclaiming Westeros on the condition she holds the power until her death and then (F)Aegon will hold the actual power of a king not just in name.

 

She thinks she is barron, the Targs cant survive without (F)Aegon. Even if she suspects he might be fake does it really matter if he is a good man and is furthering the Targaryan dynasty?. Valaryan features is the most important aspect which (F)Aegon had in aces. 

Daenerys doesn't have to do anything.  She can just sit in Essos and let the cold kill off her enemies in the west.  She is young enough to live through the long night.  Wait for the winter to kill off the people and then come in to take the land after the thaw.  Conquering will not be necessary.  

Daenerys is more likely to outlive Aegon.  He's on dangerous ground about to face off with the Lannisters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Misspelling the main character's name is not going to change the fact that she is the main character! 

How very true.  :)  I agree.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

She can just sit in Essos and let the cold kill off her enemies in the west.  She is young enough to live through the long night.  Wait for the winter to kill off the people and then come in to take the land after the thaw.  Conquering will not be necessary. 

That doesn't sound like the Daenerys Targaryen I'v read about in the books so far. I doubt she'd sit by eating olives and planting lemon trees while hundreds of thousands of innocent small folk from the country she was born in starve and freeze to death. I think she'll want to hjelp them.

The (f)Aegon situation is tricky, as he is in another continent fighting a war with no way of communicating with her.  He's really not in a position to wait for her if he finds out she's missing somewhere in the Dothraki sea, especially if Arianne won't agree to pledge the full might of Dorne to his cause unless he marries her. 

10 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

So does Wylas Tyrell. 

I'v always found it curious that Willas Tyrell has remained unmarried for as long as he has been while being heir to one of the richest Kingdoms in the realm. Plus him and Oberyn are said to have been close friends, perhaps he knew something Oberyn knew as well? Maybe the plan all along was Viserys/Arianne and Daenerys/Willas for the Targaryen loyalists. Of course things changed when tWotFK started but plans can change again and Willas remains to be one of the most attractive marriages in Westeros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Starkz said:

Even if Daenerys supposedly isn’t barren she doesn’t have the best track record according to a lot of people. Lost first child and supposedly had a miscarriage with the second.

According to whom? Her first stillbirth is well known. But it did not put off Hizdahr. Her second pregnancy, if it´s that, is not publicized. Given her short actual marriage to Hizdahr, her next groom is no more on notice about her potential fertility issues than Hizdahr was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

That doesn't sound like the Daenerys Targaryen I'v read about in the books so far. I doubt she'd sit by eating olives and planting lemon trees while hundreds of thousands of innocent small folk from the country she was born in starve and freeze to death. I think she'll want to hjelp them.

The (f)Aegon situation is tricky, as he is in another continent fighting a war with no way of communicating with her.  He's really not in a position to wait for her if he finds out she's missing somewhere in the Dothraki sea, especially if Arianne won't agree to pledge the full might of Dorne to his cause unless he marries her. 

I'v always found it curious that Willas Tyrell has remained unmarried for as long as he has been while being heir to one of the richest Kingdoms in the realm. Plus him and Oberyn are said to have been close friends, perhaps he knew something Oberyn knew as well? Maybe the plan all along was Viserys/Arianne and Daenerys/Willas for the Targaryen loyalists. Of course things changed when tWotFK started but plans can change again and Willas remains to be one of the most attractive marriages in Westeros. 

Agree about Dany (I avoid writing her full name - just a word of commiseration and advice to the OP).  She won't sit idly by, but then, Aegon didn't strike me as someone who would sit on the sidelines waiting for her to die either.  He's been groomed his whole life for the kingship.  I think we're in for a fight where Dany's best intentions will once again be put to the test as she sees what her hordes do to Westeros.

So true about Willas. If I'd been Sansa I'd have snapped him up if only to get out of KL.

What do you think Oberyn knew? 

Edited by Lady Barbrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Misspelling the main character's name is not going to change the fact that she is the main character!  

Daenerys doesn't have to do anything.  She can just sit in Essos and let the cold kill off her enemies in the west.  She is young enough to live through the long night.  Wait for the winter to kill off the people and then come in to take the land after the thaw.  Conquering will not be necessary.  

Daenerys is more likely to outlive Aegon.  He's on dangerous ground about to face off with the Lannisters.  

It's a subtle from the Dany-haters.  We Jon-haters do the same thing.  It's part of being in the forums.  I take shots at Jon in a lot of my posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jaak said:

According to whom? Her first stillbirth is well known. But it did not put off Hizdahr. Her second pregnancy, if it´s that, is not publicized. Given her short actual marriage to Hizdahr, her next groom is no more on notice about her potential fertility issues than Hizdahr was.

I mean, you really think Hizdahr wanted to get her pregnant? Hizadhar wanted power, and he is a candidate for being involved with the Harpy’s/against her.  Hizadhar was much more interested in power than having a child with her.  It doesn’t have to do with “noticing” her fertility issues or how public her second pregnancy was. It doesn’t matter how many people know of her track record with pregnancy’s, she knows, and to continue her lineage and her reign she needs an heir. One at this point she can’t provide/has which is one of the most important things when it comes to ruling. Someone to ensure your vision lives on and what you’ve done doesn’t unravel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Starkz said:

I mean, you really think Hizdahr wanted to get her pregnant? Hizadhar wanted power, and he is a candidate for being involved with the Harpy’s/against her.  Hizadhar was much more interested in power than having a child with her. 

Yes. But if she´s pregnant, she´s for some time physically less disposed to rule. And it would be rather more convenient for Hizdahr to rule with a newborn babe for whom he´s the father and the only surviving parent than with an adult woman who insists on wearing the pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who got on the wrong side of a mean witch like MMD is going to have a poor track record of carrying off a successful birth.  It would not surprise me if we are going to witness the swan song of the Starks and the Targaryens.  IE, these are the last generation of those two noble houses.  

So if Daenerys is barren and all of the Starks die, yeah, this could be the last generation.  Some of the Starks can live a second life in their wolves but so far as a human family, yeah, this is the end of the line for the peanut headed northerners.  

Edited by The Transporter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaak said:

Yes. But if she´s pregnant, she´s for some time physically less disposed to rule. And it would be rather more convenient for Hizdahr to rule with a newborn babe for whom he´s the father and the only surviving parent than with an adult woman who insists on wearing the pants.

It’s well known that Dany has slept with Daario, if Hizdahr was interested in a child he would have waited a bit to ensure Dany wasn’t pregnant first to make sure it was his. There wedding night he was drunk and didn’t seem all that happy about being with her. I have a lot of doubts about Hizdahr which won’t be answered until the next book but I don’t think he’s on Dany’s side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A child who Hizdahr knows is not really his but he can plausibly claim in public to be would still amplify his power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×