(Probably) Not safe for work November

Larry of the Lawn

So we've all heard of Movember (moustache November) or No Shave November.  Well apparently now there is "No Nut November" where people attempt to not masturbate or have sex*.  For the whole month.  Personally, I think this is approaching Tide Pod consumption levels of stupidity, but to each their own.  Or not, for 30 days.

Wtf, people.  Thoughts?  I'm not linking anything here, when it comes to the research, you do you.

*There seems to be a few similar movements, some allow sex with a partner, some allow 3 'strikes', etc.  One was called No Fap November.  

Also one thing that chaps my ass about this I think, is the terms 'nut' and 'fap'.  Just not a fan.

19 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I'd rather not do my own research and have you tell me:  what's the alleged rationale?  

Most of it seems to be more or less puritanical, as far as I can tell.  Some claim health benefits, or an increased focus in others areas of life.  But it also seems to be kind of meme driven, so maybe there's some kind of bandwagon effect too.

From what (admittedly little) I’ve seen, I think it has to do with unlocking latent alpha-ness.  Logic being that release of orgasm makes you complacent where pent up sexual energy can be used to make oneself more assertive and productive.

It’s similar to a coach telling their players not to rub one out before a big game - you hear about this sometimes in boxing and martial arts too - except it’s a bunch of unathletic dorks on the internet doing it for a whole month.  Maybe it makes you more alert when fending off grizzly bear attack’s in red dead redemption 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, larrytheimp said:

Most of it seems to be more or less puritanical, as far as I can tell.  Some claim health benefits, or an increased focus in others areas of life.  But it also seems to be kind of meme driven, so maybe there's some kind of bandwagon effect too.

LARRY.  MY BRAIN IS OVERACTIVE IN THE IMAGINE DEPARTMENT.  WHY ARE THE WORDS "NUT" AND "FAP" BEING PLACED UPON MY DELICATE EYE TO PICTURE HOLES WITH YOUR TRUSTED NAME BEHIND THEM.  WHAT IS YOUR MATTER?  ARE U OK?

****Just for @larrytheimp I offer up queefwings.  

On 11/10/2018 at 7:17 PM, larrytheimp said:

So we've all heard of Movember (moustache November) or No Shave November.  Well apparently now there is "No Nut November" where people attempt to not masturbate or have sex*.  For the whole month.  Personally, I think this is approaching Tide Pod consumption levels of stupidity, but to each their own.  Or not, for 30 days.

Wtf, people.  Thoughts?  I'm not linking anything here, when it comes to the research, you do you.

*There seems to be a few similar movements, some allow sex with a partner, some allow 3 'strikes', etc.  One was called No Fap November.  

Also one thing that chaps my ass about this I think, is the terms 'nut' and 'fap'.  Just not a fan.

Lol. Anyone thinking this might lead to MORE focus... or alphaness.. or whatever.. has obviously never spent much time in a mans body. After a month I doubt anybody would be able to focus on anything, I'm guessing the slightest touch would set them off :D

On the other side however, there is probably an advantage for some young men who have become over reliant on a certain form of entertainment and might do well to break that pattern and get their life in order. It could be a good thing.

8 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

LARRY.  MY BRAIN IS OVERACTIVE IN THE IMAGINE DEPARTMENT.  WHY ARE THE WORDS "NUT" AND "FAP" BEING PLACED UPON MY DELICATE EYE TO PICTURE HOLES WITH YOUR TRUSTED NAME BEHIND THEM.  WHAT IS YOUR MATTER?  ARE U OK?

****Just for @larrytheimp I offer up queefwings.  

Hahahaha 

In retrospect I probably should have used an alt 

There are people who claim it increases testosterone levels. There's some truth in that, but it's usually exaggerated and oversimplified. Still, if you look up people's experiences after doing No-Fap, most of them say that it has improved their life. Not really because of biological reasons, but more because it serves as a sort of New Year's Resolution, i.e. you decide that the next time you feel like masturbating, you'll do something useful instead, like working out or getting some neglected stuff done. It's those extra things you achieve in the time that previously you'd have spent masturbating that gives you a sense of improvement.  So it's not really about masturbating specifically, but about cutting down time spent on a habit and replacing it with more useful activities.

I've noticed the same when I decided to switch to a more healthy diet. Whenever I was craving for chocolate, I ate a spoon of honey and some fruit or vegetable instead. I got used to this fairly quickly and I don't desire chocolate anymore.  This has lead to me feeling more healthy and more confident. Overall my life has improved, without any downsides really. 

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

There are people who claim it increases testosterone levels. There's some truth in that, but it's usually exaggerated and oversimplified. Still, if you look up people's experiences after doing No-Fap, most of them say that it has improved their life. Not really because of biological reasons, but more because it serves as a sort of New Year's Resolution, i.e. you decide that the next time you feel like masturbating, you'll do something useful instead, like working out or getting some neglected stuff done. It's those extra things you achieve in the time that previously you'd have spent masturbating that gives you a sense of improvement.  So it's not really about masturbating specifically, but about cutting down time spent on a habit and replacing it with more useful activities.

I've noticed the same when I decided to switch to a more healthy diet. Whenever I was craving for chocolate, I ate a spoon of honey and some fruit or vegetable instead. I got used to this fairly quickly and I don't desire chocolate anymore.  This has lead to me feeling more healthy and more confident. Overall my life has improved, without any downsides really. 

Dont think there is any real way to increase testosterone naturally unless you have something that is depressing it below normal levels. There is a bit of a myth about sex increasing it, but as far as I've heard the boost lasts for a matter of minutes.. not exactly going to be growing a big beard off of that.

I do think there are a bunch of guys out there who fapping themselves into an unproductive stupor almost every day.. not gonna name names around here..

11 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Dont think there is any real way to increase testosterone naturally unless you have something that is depressing it below normal levels. There is a bit of a myth about sex increasing it, but as far as I've heard the boost lasts for a matter of minutes.. not exactly going to be growing a big beard off of that.

I do think there are a bunch of guys out there who fapping themselves into an unproductive stupor almost every day.. not gonna name names around here..

A good workout is about an hour. A good fap is about 7 minutes. Do the math.

Archived