Most melancholic and "Human" moments in ASOIAF?

Roose Trollton.

One of my favorite scenes, the wedding of Sigorn and Alys Karstark. It was a warm, happy moment, with Melissandre tapping into whatever is left of her humanity to bring the joy and power of marriage. Alys being ready to marry and claim her birthright, Sigorn the warrior chief being terrified.

23 hours ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I really wanted Arya to stay with Lady Smallwood; their time together was beautifully written and seemed a bit of a respite for Arya.

Ah thanks for chiming in on that.  Lady Smallwood wanted her daughter so badly.  Arya wanted her mother so badly.  As in life they should have been a good match, but neither was the other for either.  

• 1 month later...

“And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I shold have died with him.

For a moment she did not know how to answer. She'd had so many names. Had she only dreamed Arya Stark? "I'm a girl," she sniffed. "I was Lord Bolton's cupbearer but he was going to leave me for the goat, so I ran off with Gendry and Hot Pie. You have to know me! You used to lead my pony, when I was little."

Makes me tear up every time. 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, Curled Finger said:

Right On!  It will be interesting to see what you think about things after your next study.  The tale is a masterpiece.    You can come check in here with any really pertinent Tyrion moments--there are so many.   He's not easy to read in Dance, that is I've always felt he was hard to swallow in his self loathing drunken madness.  But he's still very clever and funny beneath his madness.   Mostly I began to spot him from time to time, but I still find something new in each reread and reconciling the person he becomes with the person he was gets easier.   I bet you will have a few more treasures.   Applauding!   

I adore adwd Tyrion, largely because of Jorahs adventure but still mainly because of Tyrion. 

"You mustn't mock him. Don't you know anything? You can't talk that way to a big person. They can hurt you. Ser Jorah could have tossed you in the sea. The sailors would have laughed to see you drown. You have to be careful around big people. Be jolly and playful with them, keep them smiling, make them laugh, that's what my father always said. Didn't your father ever tell you how to act with big people?"

"My father called them smallfolk," said Tyrion

Archived