Watership Down

Mosi Mynn

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s definitely a children’s book. Doesn’t mean what everyone is saying regarding themes, characters etc. and enjoying it as an adult isn’t applicable though

I’m curious, why are you so certain on that?  Did Adams say he wrote it for children?

51 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m curious, why are you so certain on that?  Did Adams say he wrote it fir children?

Interesting facts about Watership Down and Adams with links to his actual words: http://mentalfloss.com/article/63054/11-fascinating-facts-about-watership-down

5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m curious, why are you so certain on that?  Did Adams say he wrote it for children?

It started off as stories he told his daughters on car trips. I'm not sure how those tales evolved into the book we know and love. 

Edit: Hah - Astromech 's article completely answers this!  So no, not written for children. 

4 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

I think there is a 50% chance I convinced my sister to name her next baby Hazel-Rah.  If you nerds are going to do a holiday reread, I'd like to join.

Had my son been a girl (we went in blind both times) there was a good chance she would have been named Irulan.  My wife and I love that name.

8 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

I think there is a 50% chance I convinced my sister to name her next baby Hazel-Rah.  If you nerds are going to do a holiday reread, I'd like to join.

More than happy to do a re-read.  :-)

Would loveto meet a Hazel-rah!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 9:14 PM, Xeno of Carcosa said:

Looking forward to this being released soon, though not confident that they'll be able to capture the essence of it.

Most of all would love an adaptation of the rabbit myths though (El-ahrairah, etc.)!

On 12/22/2018 at 1:01 PM, Mosi Mynn said:

Looking forward to seeing the new adaptation tonight!

This thread is discussing the book... there is a dedicated thread in Entertainment for the new series.

Archived