Feologild

It covers a lot of decades and genres which is good but with a choice of 50 I'm more at odds with what isn't on the list, which in turn makes me wonder how some of your other choices beat them. Maybe you just didn't see some shows?

There's simply no chance two persons would have the same lists if we're talking about such a huge material. I can say Six Feet Under, Rome and Shameless US would be high on my list too, but so would dozens of shows that don't appear on your list at all.

The absence of The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Band of Brothers are probably the worst offenders. They all should be in the top ten. There are many other glaring omissions, but those are huge.

And I don't see how Game of Thrones, judged as a whole, can merit such a high position.

10 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

The absence of The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Band of Brothers are probably the worst offenders. They all should be in the top ten. There are many other glaring omissions, but those are huge.

And I don't see how Game of Thrones, judges as a whole, can merit such a high position.

It would be extremely high on my list. 

My biggest problem with that one is the lack of Deadwood, and how low The Sopranos is. 

I can't disagree with it because I would count it impossible for me to make a top 50, and all the shows listed I either like to some extent or have never seen. So while there are omissions of show that I think are great (per most of Wert's small list), I can;t say they are better than shows on  your list I've never seen.

I definitely approve Balckadder being in the top 5.

I definitely disagree with GoT being #2 or even top 20, it possibly wouldn't make my top 50. First 3 seasons yes, but 4 and 5 turned me off.

6 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

And I don't see how Game of Thrones, judged as a whole, can merit such a high position.

Never seen them

And i count Band of Brothers as a mini series and i list mini series which i have on a separate list. If it had been my top  50 mini series Band of Brothers would be on it.

I still think Game of Thrones is a great show.  

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

No The Wire, no Battlestar Galactica, no Fringe and no The Expanse are highly problematic.

Also, that's Doctor Who (1963 -  ), thank you very much.

No its Doctor Who ( 1963-1989) Doctor Who ( 2005- )

Anyway never seen any of these shows.

7 hours ago, red snow said:

It covers a lot of decades and genres which is good but with a choice of 50 I'm more at odds with what isn't on the list, which in turn makes me wonder how some of your other choices beat them. Maybe you just didn't see some shows?

There are plenty of shows i have never seen. And i am sure there are show that i have never seen that are better than the shows i have listed.

18 minutes ago, Feologild said:

There are plenty of shows i have never seen. And i am sure there are show that i have never seen that are better than the shows i have listed.

Take some of the shows people are pointing out as new shows to watch. You seem to like a broad spectrum so owe it to yourself to try "deadwood", "the wire" etc

Archived