Feologild

1 Game of Thrones (2011-)

2 The Sopranos ( 1999-2007 )

3 Cheers ( 1982-1993 )

4 Westworld ( 2016-

None of these would make my top 50, I don't think...

5 Law & Order: Special Victims Unit ( 1999-

6 Boston Legal (2004–2008)

7 Rome ( 2005-2007 )

8 Vikings (2013– )

9 Lost ( 2004-2010 )

10 Married With Children ( 1987-1997 )

11 The Addams Family ( 1964-1966 )

Ok, took your list and deleted the shows that I have not seen the majority of episodes, then put them in what would be my order.  If I made a 50 list it would include Breaking Bad, Better call Saul, Seinfeld, Big Bang theory, Deadwood, The Wire, Hill St Blues...more I am blanking on right now. 

On 11/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Werthead said:

No The Wire, no Battlestar Galactica, no Fringe and no The Expanse are highly problematic.

Also, that's Doctor Who (1963 -  ), thank you very much.

I guess if I could exclude the final season (or even last episode) I'd have BSG in there. Quite a few other shows could make the list if being selective about seasons and omitting the bad ones. I tend to take the show as a whole but that's probably being too harsh in many cases. X-films, lost, season 2+ of fringe.

Haven't seen the majority of those shows but you did list some good ones. I'm one of the few here i guess that rank GOT top ten so you're good there. I wouldnt really put comedies in my list but here are some that would be in my top ten in no particular order:

Breaking bad

Game of thrones

True detective

The sopranos

The rest I'd have to think longer about. Those are clear though.

What dbunting did is interesting, I try to do the same:

On 11/13/2018 at 3:29 AM, Feologild said:

1 Six Feet Under ( 2001-2005 )

2 Rome ( 2005-2007 )

3 Shameless ( 2011- )

4 Blackadder ( 1983-1989 )

5 Monty Python's Flying Circus ( 1969-1974 )

6 Fawlty Towers (1975–1979)

7 The Sopranos ( 1999-2007)

Game of Thrones ( 2011-2019 )

Lost ( 2004-2010 )

10 The Simpsons ( 1989-)

11 The X-Files ( 1993-)

12 Westworld ( 2016-)

On my proper list the position of each show would be different of course (apart from Six Feet Under, which I also find the best), and I would include many other shows, like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Deadwood, Firefly, The Affair, The Shield, Better Call Saul, Big Bang Theory, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher, and many others.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, Feologild said:

2 Game of Thrones ( 2011-2019 )

3 Rome ( 2005-2007 )

14 Westworld ( 2016-

21 Married With Children ( 1987-1997 )

29 Buffy The Vampire Slayer ( 1997-2003 )

32 Smallville ( 2001-2011 )

35 Once Upon a Time (2011–2018)

47 Grimm (2011–2017)

48 Vikings (2013– )

50 Stargate SG-1 (1997–2007)

Out of all your shows, these are the only one I've watched in any significant capacity, out of which only GoT, Rome, Westworld for now, Buffy, Grimm, and SG-1 are the only ones I've watched to completion. It bothers me that SG-1 is so low on your list, even comparing with the rest I've seen here, and that neither Atlantis, which is mostly equal to SG-1, nor Universe, which is better, imo, are on this list. Or maybe you didn't watch them.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Out of all your shows, these are the only one I've watched in any significant capacity, out of which only GoT, Rome, Westworld for now, Buffy, Grimm, and SG-1 are the only ones I've watched to completion. It bothers me that SG-1 is so low on your list, even comparing with the rest I've seen here, and that neither Atlantis, which is mostly equal to SG-1, nor Universe, which is better, imo, are on this list. Or maybe you didn't watch them.

Any list that has Stargate SG-1 on it and totally ignores Farscape is seriously wanting. Ben Browder and Claudia Black were sooo much better in Farscape. 

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

Any list that has Stargate SG-1 on it and totally ignores Farscape is seriously wanting. Ben Browder and Claudia Black were sooo much better in Farscape. 

No argument there. I still prefer Stargate, but Farscape would be close behind.

Do we have enough replies to do a top 50 of people who disagree the most with the list?

9 hours ago, Feologild said:

Sometimes i wonder if some of you think i have watched every tv show that has ever existed.

I have never seen Farscape and there are plenty of other shows probably great shows that i have never seen.

I think most of us are just keen to point out shows you should try. You clearly live TV to bother with the list and you should take the good advice.

So far, the good news is that you haven't seen the shows we are suggested as opposed to watching them and not liking them. Which is far better than you having seen them and thinking Vikings, smallville and the like are better .

10 hours ago, red snow said:

So far, the good news is that you haven't seen the shows we are suggested as opposed to watching them and not liking them. Which is far better than you having seen them and thinking Vikings, smallville and the like are better .

You do know that it could be if i do watch these shows people here have mentioned that i will think Vikings and Smallville are better shows.  And also why would it be a problem if somebody thought Vikings and Smalville are better shows.  I mean why care if some people think that ?

On 11/15/2018 at 9:07 AM, mactwist2 said:

Haven't seen the majority of those shows but you did list some good ones. I'm one of the few here i guess that rank GOT top ten so you're good there. I wouldnt really put comedies in my list but here are some that would be in my top ten in no particular order:

Breaking bad

Game of thrones

True detective

The sopranos

The rest I'd have to think longer about. Those are clear though.

I would include this in mine if S2 didn't suck so bad. Like I would include Sharp Objects also, but it's a one season show, so to me it's a limited series and not the same.

Ok, I am taking a crack at this. I am sure I am missing some that I just forgot about.

Top 8 in no particular order: (I kept debating on what to include in top 10...)

Game of Thrones       Breaking Bad         The Sopranos       The Wire        Better Call Saul       The Leftovers       Deadwood            The Walking Dead     

Tier 2:

Westworld      Boardwalk Empire      Sense 8      Stranger Things      OZ     Ozark       Stargate        MASH        Star trek TNG     The Wonder Years     Hill St Blues         24          NYPD Blue           Law & Order SVU       CSI original          Friday night lights     Twilight Zone       Daredevil     Dexter (the final season sucked balls)    Lost, loved it at first but got too full of itself, same as...  Hannibal.

Comedies and yes I could see BBT in my top 10, I mean if you love to watch a show then why can't it be a silly comedy as a favorite? 

The Big Bang Theory         Friends          Seinfeld          Cheers           Simpsons           Silicon Valley      Married with Children         Cosby show         How I met your mother          Two and a half men (Sheen)

Reality shows, same here, I love Survivor and don't miss a show.

Real world S1 - 2 only           Cops           Survivor         The Challenge         Hells Kitchen      Masterchef           Chopped         Diners Drive inns and dives           Man vs food original host          Fear factor         The Ultimate Fighter    Jersey Shore        Floridabama shore

Limited series? I am sure to miss some here

Sharp Objects       Pretty Little Liars        V  - the alien show from the 80's, was a limited series before a full fledged show                True Detective S1              Shogun        

4 hours ago, Feologild said:

You do know that it could be if i do watch these shows people here have mentioned that i will think Vikings and Smallville are better shows.  And also why would it be a problem if somebody thought Vikings and Smalville are better shows.  I mean why care if some people think that ?

umm, why make this thread then? 

8 hours ago, Feologild said:

Yes but I'll wait until you've watched the other shows and see what your decision is. 

If you still prefer Vikings and smallville over deadwood and the wire then I simply refer you to the title of the thread and suggest it was you who asked me and others how much they disagreed with your list. It seems strange you'd get defensive about asking why I care when that was the sole purpose of you creating the thread. I care about the amount of great shows you haven't even tried.

With the gems people have suggested and your genuine love of TV you should be watching some of them instead of arguing/validating your list. Then update the list as you watch the suggestions as that will be more interesting :)

Archived