I think I need volunteers to discuss this Top Secret Theory and determine if I should release it publicly

The Map Guy

Hey guys, crazy Map Guy again.

So I was able to solve who Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa is historically a few days ago. GRRM hid it so well, I had to find it by accident.

The problem is that I am not sure if I should release it to the public or not. It would be okay if GRRM revealed it before the 2000s, but I don't think it is okay now, esp in 2018.

While investigating, at one point I thought it was sexist. At another point I thought it was a bit racist. At the end, it wasn't too bad. But what I found will definitely change ASOIAF and your perception of GRRM forever. This may even break the internet.

Its not a theory anymore, I was able to confirm it by satisfying the "confirmation point" I established for myself.

For example, in my Ruby Map theory, I found out the rubies were Jon, Meera, Cersei & Jaime. I told myself if I can link it to Daenerys & Viserys, it would be my "confirmation point". And I confirmed it after I overlooked the Bay of Crap.

Another example of my map theory is that GRRM symbolically knelt to Tolkien at the Inn of the Kneeling Man. I told myself that Tolkien has only ONE dragon, and that would be my "confirmation point" some how. Sure enough, an image of Torrhen Stark kneeling to Aegon Targaryen was placed in the back cover of TWOIAF, (the perfect place for a tribute to Tolkien), and it has only one dragon.

For this next top secret map theory, I told myself if I can link who historically Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were, that would be my "confirmation point" ...... and I did.

Now I don't know if the world is ready for this. I don't know who to talk to. My personal friends loves the HBO series, but they are not book readers...they won't take the shock seriously.

So I need perhaps ~six volunteers who I will reveal it to, and discuss it together if now is the right time to reveal it.

• I would NEED the volunteers to keep MY theory a secret from EVERYONE, until our panel decides if we should release it or not.
  • I would like the volunteers to be fans of the ASOIAF since at least before 2011, with a lot of knowledge, and have contributed significantly to this forum with content.
  • ***I would like the volunteers to accept the fact that they will never look at ASOIAF the same way again*** 

I was shocked for the first 24 hours. After the shock was over, it just reminded me again how GRRM is a genius writer.

Starting with you Elio @Ran, would you like to know & discuss it with me? Or has GRRM told you already?

17 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

So I was able to solve who Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa is historically a few days ago. GRRM hid it so well, I had to find it by accident.

The problem is that I am not sure if I should release it to the public or not. It would be okay if GRRM revealed it before the 2000s, but I don't think it is okay now, esp in 2018.

While investigating, at one point I thought it was sexist. At another point I thought it was a bit racist. At the end, it wasn't too bad. But what I found will definitely change ASOIAF and your perception of GRRM forever. This may even break the internet.

Its not a theory anymore, I was able to confirm it by satisfying the "confirmation point" I established for myself.

For example, in my Ruby Map theory, I found out the rubies were Jon, Meera, Cersei & Jaime. I told myself if I can link it to Daenerys & Viserys, it would be my "confirmation point". And I confirmed it after I overlooked the Bay of Crap.

Another example of my map theory is that GRRM symbolically knelt to Tolkien at the Inn of the Kneeling Man. I told myself that Tolkien has only ONE dragon, and that would be my "confirmation point" some how. Sure enough, an image of Torrhen Stark kneeling to Aegon Targaryen was placed in the back cover of TWOIAF, (the perfect place for a tribute to Tolkien), and it has only one dragon.

For this next top secret map theory, I told myself if I can link who historically Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were, that would be my "confirmation point" ...... and I did.

Now I don't know if the world is ready for this. I don't know who to talk to. My personal friends loves the HBO series, but they are not book readers...they won't take the shock seriously.

So I need perhaps ~six volunteers who I will reveal it to, and discuss it together if now is the right time to reveal it.

• I would NEED the volunteers to keep MY theory a secret from EVERYONE, until our panel decides if we should release it or not.
  • I would like the volunteers to be fans of the ASOIAF since at least before 2011, with a lot of knowledge, and have contributed significantly to this forum with content.
  • ***I would like the volunteers to accept the fact that they will never look at ASOIAF the same way again*** 

I was shocked for the first 24 hours. After the shock was over, it just reminded me again how GRRM is a genius writer.

Starting with you Elio @Ran, would you like to know & discuss it with me? Or has GRRM told you already?

Why do you feel the need to discuss your theory? Do you want to make sure it is correct and/or not misrepresenting anything?

5 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Why do you feel the need to discuss your theory? Do you want to make sure it is correct and/or not misrepresenting anything?

I just didn't want to keep it for myself. But at the same time, the public world may mistreat this information.

5 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

Coming from experience, if you find something that is too big and would ruin the series for people, then tell no one. 

I know....this i why I want a panel to discuss it, if I should do it or not.

I'm certain there are secrets encoded in the structure of the books - seriously well done if you've found one.

But, the books have been out there so long that most of us readers are extremely entrenched in our views. We struggle to agree on basic facts, let alone obscure patterns. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Go ahead break the internet.

58 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

I'm certain there are secrets encoded in the structure of the books - seriously well done if you've found one.

But, the books have been out there so long that most of us readers are extremely entrenched in our views. We struggle to agree on basic facts, let alone obscure patterns. Good luck.

Thanks. I know. This may break a lot of hearts. BUT I will promise, this is a genius move by GRRM after the shock is over.

56 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Go ahead break the internet.

Only if this committee agrees to it.

41 minutes ago, Risto said:

OK, I will play... I hope I am eligible for this... :D 

You have enough content, but your profile is from 2012. I chose the year 2011 because it would guarantee it is not someone inspired by the HBO show. I want this committee to be consisted of "Elders" of ASOIAF, if you understand what I mean. It has to be someone who is responsible enough to keep a secret, and has been around ASOIAF for a long long long long long time, and is willing to have ASOIAF spoiled. If I don't have six members from 2011 or earlier, I will consider you. But I don't want to be bias in my selection, so I set a numerical formula...profile age & number of content.

41 minutes ago, Ran said:

Kind of you to offer, but I just don't want to have the books spoiled. I think lots of other people feel the same, but publish or not as you please. :)

Alrighty. I felt like I have to consult with the "Elders" first to determine the next course of action. Making this committee seems like the responsible thing to do. But at the same time, I don't think GRRM will ever reveal it, even after all of ASOIAF is published.

Everyone here who is eligible and wants to participate, please private message me. I don't want the public to know who you are anyways. Hopefully I have enough volunteers by midnight, after I come back from my own birthday dinner :)

54 minutes ago, Ran said:

@The Map Guy

Kind of you to offer, but I just don't want to have the books spoiled. I think lots of other people feel the same, but publish or not as you please. :)

Don't be such a partybreaker...

I understand I am not worthy (being the Neville Longbottom of the forum) but you can... You are among the Chosen ones :D You are the Ishamael of ASOIAF spoilers :D 

#rereadingWoT

8 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

You have enough content, but your profile is from 2012. I chose the year 2011 because it would guarantee it is not someone inspired by the HBO show. I want this committee to be consisted of "Elders" of ASOIAF, if you understand what I mean. It has to be someone who is responsible enough to keep a secret, and has been around ASOIAF for a long long long long long time, and is willing to have ASOIAF spoiled. If I don't have six members from 2011 or earlier, I will consider you. But I don't want to be bias in my selection, so I set a numerical formula...profile age & number of content.

2011? You mean the year Game of Thrones started and the year this forum suffered the greatest flood of noobs? No, I truly understand... I am just a simple man... :D Unworthy of the honor you seek to bestow on the good people of this forum :D 

3 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

And if we do reveal it, westeros.org will be the forum to have it...not Reddit or something else.

@Ran. how can you miss this once in a lifetime opportunity? :D 

5 hours ago, Springwatch said:

Yeah, the most relevant basic fact at hand to me is if anyone is AA or NN or PtwP or whatever you want to call it.

Given GRRM's propensity for shades of gray, and the admissions about other legendary characters (Brandon the Builder, Garth Greenhand) probably being amalgamations of several people or never existing at all, I just don't think there will be a magical reveal of AA or that it would matter or "ruin the story."

2 hours ago, Seams said:

I thought you already did release and discuss this theory.

Thanks for the re-post. I brought that up to re-emphasize that when I craft a theory, I set "confirmation points". If I meet them, then I think its a theory that is pretty much confirmed. For Azor Ahai, I set extremely hard "confirmation points" ... who are Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser in this historic fable I accidentally discovered in my old family's library, in our native language ... and I met all of these confirmation points.

2 hours ago, White Ravens said:

All this teasing and auditioning for yet another Azor Ahai theory?  Hurry up and break the internet already. 

No I can't. Not yet. Unless our committee say its safe to do it. Perhaps we may never reveal it.
FYI, it does not predict the ending ... I only solved how it began ... the inspiration of Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa. May be it would break the internet, may be it will not.

2 hours ago, 2uenten said:

Yeah, the most relevant basic fact at hand to me is if anyone is AA or NN or PtwP or whatever you want to call it.

Given GRRM's propensity for shades of gray, and the admissions about other legendary characters (Brandon the Builder, Garth Greenhand) probably being amalgamations of several people or never existing at all, I just don't think there will be a magical reveal of AA or that it would matter or "ruin the story."

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps we may never hear the words "Azor Ahai" be repeated in the next books again. But AA is printed in stone in ACOK, and I know how GRRM wrote him.

So far, no one eligible has responded. I will wait another 24 hours. Afterwards, I may bump the criteria to "profiles since 2012." I may need email addresses.

Ironically, I have a wedding to attend to in Jersey City tomorrow night. Perhaps with sheer luck, I may bump into GRRM in the streets and yell out the answer ha!

1 hour ago, The Map Guy said:

So far, no one eligible has responded. I will wait another 24 hours. Afterwards, I may bump the criteria to "profiles since 2012." I may need email addresses.

No offence, but do you think it's fair to set criteria for a committee you yourself don't qualify for, but wish to chair?

P.S. I have no wish to be on this panel since I'm not as deeply invested as some others are, but I started reading the story from the beginning in '96 when I got AGOT as a gift. Just because someone was late to this party (i.e. the forums) doesn't mean they have no useful background or good insight into this tale to help you.

10 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Eh, time for  the big question of this thread:

https://memegenerator.net/instance/80816145/conor-mcgregor-meme-who-the-fook-is-that-guy

8 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

FYI, it does not predict the ending ... I only solved how it began ... the inspiration of Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa.

My opinion about who inspired GRRM, don't open the spoiler, if you don't want to be spoiled:

Spoiler

Jesus Christ and Mother Mary.

http://swjd.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/21.Matka-Bożej-Miłości-Obraz-DCassarotti-na-Relikwiarzu-Św-Wincentego-Pallotiego.1.jpg_h600_w400.1.jpg

Both of them have burning hearts. His heart is in crown of thorns, and her heart is pierced with a sword.

I have been a fan of the books since 2011 and read them thrice over. And even though I know I will greatly enjoy the coming books and all the mysteries I would still like to read your theory.

So for what is it worth I vote: Release it to the public

Archived