I think I need volunteers to discuss this Top Secret Theory and determine if I should release it publicly

The Map Guy

6 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Is this thread in some kind of twilight zone?

I can’t figure out if A: it is one of those humorous threads where everyone just pretends to be serious,

or B: whether the original poster is serious and everyone else is just humoring him, or 

C: People here have drunk the Kool Aid and there really is some kind of Panel being convened.

I find the whole thing oddly troubling.

You're just salty because you're not going to be part of the Great Council of 2018.  ...Or I guess it would be Small Council, huh.  Lame.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

You're just salty because you're not going to be part of the Great Council of 2018.  ...Or I guess it would be Small Council, huh.  Lame.

Since he is asking for a seven person committee I was thinking he wants more of a Kingsguard style group. Except that the group is guarding the theory rather than the King. Should we refer to it as the "Theoryguard"?

5 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Should we refer to it as the "Theoryguard"?

Heh, not bad.  Of course, there's seven "traditional" members of the small council as well - that's why I mentioned it.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

1 hour ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Since he is asking for a seven person committee I was thinking he wants more of a Kingsguard style group. Except that the group is guarding the theory rather than the King. Should we refer to it as the "Theoryguard"?

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Heh, not bad.  Of course, there's seven "traditional" members of the small council as well - that's why I mentioned it.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

And then there’s the faith of the 7... in which case, should the members be a crone, a mother, a warrior, etc? 

:P

47 minutes ago, Trefayne said:

If this is the format, then I changed my mind. I'm up for being the Stranger. :devil:

15 minutes ago, Valyrian Lance said:

What kind of council would it be if it didn't include squires and maidens with greybeards and crones?

LOLOLOL  To all of you!! 

Now, I almost want in, almost.  Granted, I would have offered to be The Stranger, though it seems I'm in the netherworld of having joined in 2012?  Granted, I read ALL the books first before I ever saw one episode of The Unmentionable, but since when does one's word count for anything anymore. 

1. All too often it turns out that a theory holds water in inverse proportion to the author’s certainty that they’re absolutely correct.

2. Is GRRM really going to do a big racist, sexist twist or one easily interpreted in those ways? One that will expose him to such allegations himself? Does that sound right to anyone? Not me.

3. The text is clear that Azor Ahai is just one of a group of myths from around the world about the end of the Long Night consisting of the Last Hero and a bunch of others with implications that there are even more not mentioned. What do we have that Azor Ahai is the true origin of the story over the others? That any of them are true? That a lot of them are true somehow? Nothing but the highly questionable R’hllorists insisting as much. The story’s arbitrary spotlight on Azor Ahai looks a lot like a bit of slight of hand to me. Something to get the readers to fall for the same thing as the characters thus putting a mirror onto the readers.

When GRRM wrote the backstory of Azor Ahai in the 1990s, it wasn't too sexist or racist at the time. But now the year is 2018, and everyone is over-sensitive about the stupidest little things and people want to pick a fight over nothing. With social media, these fights are over-exaggerated and it may cause disruptions to GRRM...I'm more worried about these groups.

Anyways, I will be closing the list in 6 hours. If I don't have enough volunteers, I will lower the eligibility to 2013. I really hope this doesn't have to take six more days.

FYI, YOU HAVE TO MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY ASKING TO PARTICIPATE.

I won't be bias. Your profile start date matters the most, but it needs at least 1,000 content contribution. A person from May 1, 2012 with 1,500 content will still supersede a person from May 2, 2012 with 15,000. Sorry, I don't have a numerical formula besides this. 

And damn it, i wish you didn't mention "Theoryguard" ... such an awesome name that this committee may become bias to never revealing the secret theory just to keep the name lol.

Just now, The Map Guy said:

When GRRM wrote the backstory of Azor Ahai in the 1990s, it wasn't too sexist or racist at the time. But now the year is 2018, and everyone is over-sensitive about the stupidest little things and people want to pick a fight over nothing. With social media, these fights are over-exaggerated and it may cause disruptions to GRRM...I'm more worried about these groups.

Wasn't too racist or sexist? I'm not sure what country you're from, but in the US some really bad stuff is being hand-waved off as "over-sensitive". It's not a matter of just being politically correct anymore.

And GRRM changes his story. A lot.

I'm still not sure if this is serious or not.  If it is serious, there is an awful lot of self promotion going on.

This is a discussion forum for the series: unless you have access to as yet unpublished material (real spoilers) just post your theory and let people tell you how convinced they are.  Since it pertains to the inspiration behind Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa a lot of people won't bat an eyelid however momentous a discovery you think you have made.

So I have bumped my committees' eligibility to profiles from 2013 and older, with at least 1,000 content contribution. It will end again in 24 hours. Anyone that joined today is locked in, no one can force you out.

For those who have complimented me...thank you.

For those who are skeptical...well aside from having ASOIAF ruined, whats there to lose?

For those who think I am bluffing, think about it...what is my reputation here? I may make crazy accusations like R+L=J&M, the Meera-enese Knot and map theories, but I BACK THEM UP. I said I found out who Azor Ahai historically is by linking who Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were. With my reputation, don't you want to hear my explanation, crazy or not?

4 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

So I have bumped my committees' eligibility to profiles from 2013 and older, with at least 1,000 content contribution. It will end again in 24 hours. Anyone that joined today is locked in, no one can force you out.

For those who have complimented me...thank you.

For those who are skeptical...well aside from having ASOIAF ruined, whats there to lose?

For those who think I am bluffing, think about it...what is my reputation here? I may make crazy accusations like R+L=J&M, the Meera-enese Knot and map theories, but I BACK THEM UP. I said I found out who Azor Ahai historically is by linking who Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were. With my reputation, don't you want to hear my explanation, crazy or not?

Based on your own criteria, we should ignore your opinion as worthless since you joined the forums August 11th of this year and only have a couple of hundred posts under your belt.

Archived