I think I need volunteers to discuss this Top Secret Theory and determine if I should release it publicly

The Map Guy

34 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

[mod] If the theory is racist or sexist, nobody on this board is going to read it because we will nuke it from orbit. This is not up for discussion, so don't @ me. [/mod]

So if the characters or historical figures in-universe are themselves racist or sexist, does that disqualify the theory?  Or does the historical parallel from real world history have to be racist or sexist in order to get nuked from orbit?  Or does this mean that the theory's author has to be overly sexist or racist in order to get nuked, above and beyond the literary or historical context of the theory?

Also, are modern  racism and sexism standards applied equally to the theory author, the theory text, GRRM, real world historical figures, real world literary /mythological figures, and in universe characters, or is each entity evaluated in  it's native* context?

Man,  posting stuff is perilous!

Disclaimer- The use of the word "native" should be interpreted in it's grammatical usage as "where something originates from", from the Latin root word shared with other words such as "prenatal" or "nativity"**, and not to suggest any endorsement of colonialism or racial bias.

** Use of the word "nativity" is intended to be interpreted as an example of a shared etymology with previously referenced word, also with Latin*** roots and not to suggest the endorsement of any particular religion or philosophy.

*** Use of the word "Latin" refers specifically to the historical language and is specifically limited to etymology. It should not be interpreted to suggest the endorsement of or bias towards any specific ethnic or cultural group, nor any cultural appropriation.

10 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

For those who think I am bluffing, think about it...what is my reputation here? I may make crazy accusations like R+L=J&M, the Meera-enese Knot and map theories, but I BACK THEM UP. I said I found out who Azor Ahai historically is by linking who Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were. With my reputation, don't you want to hear my explanation, crazy or not?

"Reputation" isn't something you say about yourself. I think.

To the mod...this is not my message. This is GRRM's secret message that I deciphered. In my opinion, he did nothing wrong in 1998. But a few things happened in the 2000s that he didn't see coming. This secret message may misrepresent his intentions now in 2018. I feel like I am doing the right thing by discussing it with a private group from westeros.org to determine if these misrepresentations are a legit concern.

I am 150% sure this person has somehow stumbled upon something that has never, ever been discussed in the history of the board, dating back to 1998 or so? 

The anticipation of this special council is palpable. I haven’t felt this excited about a council being appointed to discuss facts since the Mueller investigation started. 

1 minute ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Do these 2000s stuff happen to involve religious fanatics just like Rhllors fanatics?

Some invasions/occupations of a few countries?

And a few planes?

Are you talking about our Red Lobster?  I can assure you that both the person and the establishment have been around westeros for over a decade.

Just now, Mya Stone said:

I am 150% sure this person has somehow stumbled upon something that has never, ever been discussed in the history of the board, dating back to 1998 or so? 

The anticipation of this special council is palpable. I haven’t felt this excited about a council being appointed to discuss facts since the Mueller investigation started. 

MYA, PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE IN.

I mean, does it involve sending a PM? Because I just am such a fence sitter when it comes to that kind of commitment. 

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE, @The Map Guy - but please don’t make me jump through the PM hoops. I barely remember to check my email, let alone PMs on this board which I have been a part of since 2004. (Ezboard, that is.) 

It has nothing to do with airplanes thank God. But flying is somehow a little bit of it.

Please private message me. I will review each profile to see which profile's age can take the remaining spots at midnight EST

I won't be bias. But whats up with this surge of Nov 2005 profiles interested just now? Is that when this website was started?

Just now, The Map Guy said:

It has nothing to do with airplanes thank God. But flying is somehow a little bit of it.

Please private message me. I will review each profile to see which profile's age can take the remaining spots at midnight EST

I won't be bias. But whats up with this surge of Nov 2005 profiles interested just now? Is that when this website started?

This current iteration of the community is from 2005. Most people with November 2005 dates were part of the predecessor forum, the "ASoIaF Forum", and may well actually have been part of the community from the publication of ASoS or even ACoK. So you've piqued the interest of some hardcore OGs.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

This current iteration of the community is from 2005. Most people with November 2005 dates were part of the predecessor forum, the "ASoIaF Forum", and may well actually have been part of the community from the publication of ASoS or even ACoK. So you've piqued the interest of some hardcore OGs.

Well I initially designed this committee for the "hardcore" OGs, it just felt odd it took 4 days from them to start to volunteering. 

Just now, The Map Guy said:

Well I initially designed this committee for the "hardcore" OGs, it just felt odd it took 4 days from them to start to volunteering. 

I think they figured newer folk would have already taken places by now. I certaintly am surprised it's taken this long for you to get qualifying volunteers.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

I think they figured newer folk would have already taken places by now. I certaintly am surprised it's taken this long for you to get qualifying volunteers.

I have received private messages from people who don't meet the criteria...but I figure the OGs were more deserving since the profile age is proof that they were here before the TV show. Some people from the TV show don't even know who Nissa Nissa is.

Archived