I think I need volunteers to discuss this Top Secret Theory and determine if I should release it publicly

The Map Guy

5 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

I don't get the protection angle either. If anything, this is an invitation for other people to come up with potentially offensive and dangerous Azor Ahai theories of their own in hopes of figuring out the secret. What kind of message can it possibly send? Could it be praising Hitler? Mocking Islam? Condoning rape? Unmasking the Illuminati? Questioning the cuteness of kittens?

Some of those are just flat out impossible, if one is familiar with GRRM's works (kittens not being cute? come on!). And anyway, the alleged theory doesn't exist, so the point is moot.

56 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Some of those are just flat out impossible, if one is familiar with GRRM's works (kittens not being cute? come on!). And anyway, the alleged theory doesn't exist, so the point is moot.

Ahh, but don't you see?! If George truly though that kittens were cute, the lion would have been the supreme sacrifice for Lightbringer, not Nissa Nissa, for what is a lion if not a big kitty? Not to mention he hasn't given us a single PoV chapter of Tommen playing with his kittens. I call that a blatant proof of bias!

The dreadful truth has surfaced... #Theoryguard has failed. Beware!

OP claims that this wouldn't have been offensive at the time that George was planting his seeds, but that now a shift in the political climate (and the extremist groups that change brought about) would make him a target. 

I can only assume he's referring to the Social Justice Warmongers, as I can't see George caring about offending Antifa, the alt-right (i.e ethnonationalists) and such groups. Is Azor Ahai related to gender, relations between men and women (that's my guess - look to Nissa Nissa being stabbed through the heart), globalism, Islamism, illegal immigration (walls and wildlings?), gun control and shootings, or some other hot button issue of today?

Perhaps OP thinks this bombshell is even what's stopping George from finishing the story. Or, OP, is this revelation something that you think won't be figured out with the completion of the story, and is more of a bonus that only book nerds would gleam either way?

I hope this group votes to allow the theory to be posted. I really can't see any viable reason for it not to be. George can defend himself from the extemists.

7 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Looks like the Theoryguard is leaning on majority vote on releasing the theory, even without a few members checking in. So stay tuned...perhaps within 24 hours. I am busy with something else at the moment.

Woo hoo!  Don't know how I'll get through the next 24 hours...

37 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

Not to mention he hasn't given us a single PoV chapter of Tommen playing with his kittens. I call that a blatant proof of bias!

I would expect a POV from Ser Pounce himself.  Plus, look at the kitties we do see, e.g. Balerion - bit of a bastard.  Definitely biased against felines.

If you guys haven't already...read R+L=J&M Part I, II and III. Part IV is not needed. Top Secret Theory is more of an extension of Part II. You will be confused less when you read Part V (aka Top Secret Theory)

32 minutes ago, Neddy's Girl said:

I would expect a POV from Ser Pounce himself.  Plus, look at the kitties we do see, e.g. Balerion - bit of a bastard.  Definitely biased against felines.

With any luck, a convenient catastrophe will clear the throne room of humans and allow Balerion to take over and name Ser Pounce and his friends into his Catsguard. It would be the only way for George to save face and avoid a public scandal.

22 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

So now that 6 others know it, they can at least tell us if it holds water or would hold some water after some tin foiling, right?

oh there are more than just 6 others that know.   maybe those 6 others know all the details, but some of the Theory guard have not been guarding things as well as OP hoped.

and from what I know, you really don't want to know.  its better to make up your own theories, about the content.  and it will make more sense.

14 hours ago, silverthorndale said:

I can only assume he's referring to the Social Justice Warmongers, as I can't see George caring about offending Antifa, the alt-right (i.e ethnonationalists) and such groups. Is Azor Ahai related to gender, relations between men and women (that's my guess - look to Nissa Nissa being stabbed through the heart), globalism, Islamism, illegal immigration (walls and wildlings?), gun control and shootings, or some other hot button issue of today?

Maybe, it's related to Star Wars. There's a lot of fans of SW's IRL. Maybe, OP thinks, that GRRM has written in ASOIAF something, that will offend hardcore fans of SW.

13 minutes ago, Pebble said:

I'll give you a tidbit.  It has some connection to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Oh wow thanks for that! I think I just figured it out... Arnold Schwarzenegger is Ser Robert Strong and he will defeat The Gravedigger who is actually The Hound in Cleganebowl (GET HYPE). Then we find out Arnie is actually Azor Ahai and The Hound is Nissa Nissa and when he thrusts his greatsword in to The Hounds heart he will create Lightbringer and we will have undead Arnold Schwarzenegger leading the battle for the dawn. Am I right???

Archived