The Map Guy

I think I need volunteers to discuss this Top Secret Theory and determine if I should release it publicly

On 11/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, The Map Guy said:

Hey guys, crazy Map Guy again.

So I was able to solve who Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa is historically a few days ago. GRRM hid it so well, I had to find it by accident.

The problem is that I am not sure if I should release it to the public or not. It would be okay if GRRM revealed it before the 2000s, but I don't think it is okay now, esp in 2018.

While investigating, at one point I thought it was sexist. At another point I thought it was a bit racist. At the end, it wasn't too bad. But what I found will definitely change ASOIAF and your perception of GRRM forever. This may even break the internet.

Its not a theory anymore, I was able to confirm it by satisfying the "confirmation point" I established for myself.

For example, in my Ruby Map theory, I found out the rubies were Jon, Meera, Cersei & Jaime. I told myself if I can link it to Daenerys & Viserys, it would be my "confirmation point". And I confirmed it after I overlooked the Bay of Crap.

Another example of my map theory is that GRRM symbolically knelt to Tolkien at the Inn of the Kneeling Man. I told myself that Tolkien has only ONE dragon, and that would be my "confirmation point" some how. Sure enough, an image of Torrhen Stark kneeling to Aegon Targaryen was placed in the back cover of TWOIAF, (the perfect place for a tribute to Tolkien), and it has only one dragon.

For this next top secret map theory, I told myself if I can link who historically Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion & Eldric the Shadowchaser were, that would be my "confirmation point" ...... and I did.

Now I don't know if the world is ready for this. I don't know who to talk to. My personal friends loves the HBO series, but they are not book readers...they won't take the shock seriously.

So I need perhaps ~six volunteers who I will reveal it to, and discuss it together if now is the right time to reveal it.

• I would NEED the volunteers to keep MY theory a secret from EVERYONE, until our panel decides if we should release it or not.
  • I would like the volunteers to be fans of the ASOIAF since at least before 2011, with a lot of knowledge, and have contributed significantly to this forum with content.
  • ***I would like the volunteers to accept the fact that they will never look at ASOIAF the same way again*** 

I was shocked for the first 24 hours. After the shock was over, it just reminded me again how GRRM is a genius writer.

Starting with you Elio @Ran, would you like to know & discuss it with me? Or has GRRM told you already?

Call me a skeptic but thousands of theories have been discussed to death over decades. What makes you think yours is not among them?

If you're trying to link Azor Ahai theories, or find an origin, here would be a good place to start: 

Edited by StarkofWinterfell

On 11/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, the trees have eyes said:

I'm still not sure if this is serious or not.  If it is serious, there is an awful lot of self promotion going on.

This is a discussion forum for the series: unless you have access to as yet unpublished material (real spoilers) just post your theory and let people tell you how convinced they are.  Since it pertains to the inspiration behind Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa a lot of people won't bat an eyelid however momentous a discovery you think you have made.

I agree. Lot of grandstanding here from the OP who as a new member of the community, thinks he has stumbled upon something and wants to keep it secret so he can "take credit." or some other ill-conceived notion. Don't understand this dog-and-pony show to select people to "reveal it to" which if they're not signing an legally-binding NDA can just as easily post it themselves.

As a discussion board, it makes more sense to make a thread and have people weigh the merits of the theory.

11 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

I agree. Lot of grandstanding here from the OP who as a new member of the community, thinks he has stumbled upon something and wants to keep it secret so he can "take credit." or some other ill-conceived notion. Don't understand this dog-and-pony show to select people to "reveal it to" which if they're not signing an legally-binding NDA can just as easily post it themselves.

As a discussion board, it makes more sense to make a thread and have people weigh the merits of the theory.

I agree as well.  I am not an overly skeptical person but, upon reading the OP, my first thought was that this seems like a somewhat novel attempt to lend legitimacy to a theory through "recruiting" longtime board members to support/discuss/reveal it.  This isn't necessary.  Just post the theory.  If it's mind-blowingly brilliant then everyone will see that.  If it is, as I suspect it will be, based on interpreting a bunch of stuff in very specific ways in order to "prove" the theory then it will be received just like, literally, the thousands of other theories that have been posted and discussed here over the years.

The committee has been form. We are still working on technical stuff before we begin.

Like I said, one of the reasons why I don't want to go public with this secret message is because one of the groups that may get offended has the potential to make GRRM's life miserable for the rest of his life and career. So this is one of the things this committee will evaluate.

In regards if this secret message/theory holds water, like I said, I confirmed it by linking Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion and Eldric the Shadowchaser historically.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:05 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Wow! Here I was thihking by historically he meant some character from the history of Westeros...

Since he says three-four exteenal groups... My bet would be three major Abrahamic religions and Hindus.

Again, my bet; AA is Jesus  or Krishna or Horus or some other god or hero or prophets who, for some reason people believe to share the same mythological and astrological details.

The only way all of them could get bent out of shape is if AA was the spawn of the prophet Muhammad and Barbra Streisand.

45 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

The committee has been form. We are still working on technical stuff before we begin.

Like I said, one of the reasons why I don't want to go public with this secret message is because one of the groups that may get offended has the potential to make GRRM's life miserable for the rest of his life and career. So this is one of the things this committee will evaluate.

In regards if this secret message/theory holds water, like I said, I confirmed it by linking Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion and Eldric the Shadowchaser historically.

I highly doubt that if this was something so integral to the story that GRRM wants to tell that he'd intentionally throw his life and career away by revealing it in a yet-to-be released book, but it is not groundbreaking to say that Hyrkoon the Hero, Yin Tar, Neferion, Azor Ahai, and Eldric Shadowchaser are the same person either.

I would hope you'd have done your due diligence and make sure you're not taking credit for anyone else's theories though and at least give credit where it's due.

Just some other potentials:

Edited by StarkofWinterfell

Thanks for the research. But i noticed how some of them didn't mention Yin Tar or Neferion. For my "confirmation points", I needed all the eggs in the basket, and they are all in there.

GRRM is so politically correct that he doesn't call himself a feminist for the feminist reason that only women can. His magnum opus will not have a racist conclusion.

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Come on people! Just admit you’re all sour because you’re not in the #Theoryguard! :smug:

It takes creativity to find racism in ASOIAF. What could he possibly do to Jalabhar Xho? lol

Edited by Daendrew

2 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Thanks for the research. But i noticed how some of them didn't mention Yin Tar or Neferion. For my "confirmation points", I needed all the eggs in the basket, and they are all in there.

It was a cursory search of people who have brought up the subject in the past, out of dozens of other potential threads. If I wanted, I could have listed out each one.

5 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Come on people! Just admit you’re all sour because you’re not in the #Theoryguard! :smug:

Man I really love that name. Thanks OtherFromAnotherMother.

I gotta draft that Theoryguard oath since its such an awesome name.....

"The Internet gathers, and now my guard begins..."

The Theoryguard Oath

"The Internet gathers, and now my guard begins. It shall not end until our vote. Until then we, the seven, shall not reveal the secrets of the Theoryguard to any soul, whether flesh or digital ... for the Internet is dark and full of terrible trolls. For the Roar of House Lannister, for the Winter of House Stark, for the Fire of House Targaryen, for the Blood of the Prince that was Promised, and for the Dark Secret of House Martin ... we swear it by earth and water, we swear it by bronze and iron, we swear it by keyboard and mouse, we swear it by Ice and Fire."

Thanks again OtherFromAnotherMother!