Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister

Euron III Greyjoy

1. How do you think these two characters will meet up again? 
  2. Will it happen in TWoW, ADoS, or not at all? 
  3. Will their reunion be one of happiness or anger? On one hand, these two had a pretty decent relationship in AGoT, on the other hand, they haven't seen each other since before their families became mortal enemies. 

Jon and Tyrion have a positive relationship thinking well of each other even into ADWD. Tyrion helped Jon handle his bastard status.

Catelyn and Tyrion also have a relationship. At first, it's awful, but Catelyn later realizes she did Tyrion wrong. When Jaime's released, Jaime remarks that it's Tyrion that Catelyn is trusting to return Sansa and Arya, not him. They seem unfinished.

Sansa and Tyrion had a positive relationship. She doesn't want a divorce recognizing that the marriage protects her from worse people like Robert Arryn. She says she prefers staying married to Tyrion and recognizes he was kind to her.

Bran and Tyrion also have something. It was through Tyrion's saddle that Bran realized his life wasn't over. He could live, but it would have to be differently.

Arya has no relationship with Tyrion, but I suspect that's coming. Lots of possibilities for Arya, but I suspect she'll end up tied to Dany's and Tyrion's group and may come back to Westeros with them. If not, then no Arya/Tyrion relationship would make her an outlier compared to the rest of her family in this regard.

As there are only 2 books left and it looks like Tyrion may well come back with Dany at the end of TWOW or early ADOS, I think Tyrion's relationship will factor with the Starks as a group as an individual treatment with each - well there's not much time left.

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

Jon and Tyrion have a positive relationship thinking well of each other even into ADWD. Tyrion helped Jon handle his bastard status.

Catelyn and Tyrion also have a relationship. At first, it's awful, but Catelyn later realizes she did Tyrion wrong. When Jaime's released, Jaime remarks that it's Tyrion that Catelyn is trusting to return Sansa and Arya, not him. They seem unfinished.

Sansa and Tyrion had a positive relationship. She doesn't want a divorce recognizing that the marriage protects her from worse people like Robert Arryn. She says she prefers staying married to Tyrion and recognizes he was kind to her.

Bran and Tyrion also have something. It was through Tyrion's saddle that Bran realized his life wasn't over. He could live, but it would have to be differently.

Arya has no relationship with Tyrion, but I suspect that's coming. Lots of possibilities for Arya, but I suspect she'll end up tied to Dany's and Tyrion's group and may come back to Westeros with them. If not, then no Arya/Tyrion relationship would make her an outlier compared to the rest of her family in this regard.

As there are only 2 books left and it looks like Tyrion may well come back with Dany at the end of TWOW or early ADOS, I think Tyrion's relationship will factor with the Starks as a group as an individual treatment with each - well there's not much time left.

Don't be surprised if there ends up being 3 more books instead of 2.  Martin has definitely left that possibility open,

Just now, acwill07 said:

Don't be surprised if there ends up being 3 more books instead of 2.  Martin has definitely left that possibility open,

Yeah, I know. 3 books really changes the opportunities though, so rather than deal with a 2 book opinion and a different 3 book opinion, I just go with the 2 book opinion. And as 2 books seems a great challenge, 3 seems like a pipe dream.

22 minutes ago, acwill07 said:

I wouldn't mind that much, so long as I get to read them within my lifetime. Oh, who am I kidding? Sure, I'd mind. But I'd read (and discuss) each one as it came out, regardless.

5 hours ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:
  1. How do you think these two characters will meet up again? 
  2. Will it happen in TWoW, ADoS, or not at all? 
  3. Will their reunion be one of happiness or anger? On one hand, these two had a pretty decent relationship in AGoT, on the other hand, they haven't seen each other since before their families became mortal enemies. 

Hopefully on the battlefield on opposite sides.  Feuding over a love triangle involving one of the Stark girls that got impregnated by the little lion.  But maybe Jon will die from the knife wounds and Tyrion will have his love triangle with somebody else.

I think Jaime will be traded to the nights watch by Catelyn stark, to free Jon from his vows and become king in the north. Jaime will become the Lord commander but then the two will work closely together against the others.

This why Tyrion will get involved, because of his brother as Daenerys clashes against the crown whom has the support of the nights watch. Tyrion will eventually become the betrayer for love, opting to support his brother against the dragon queen. 

The first third of Game was written, including the budding friendship between the dwarf and the bastard, with the idea of having Jon and Tyrion reunite and clash over romantic feelings toward Arya. With the way their relationship formed and ended in the published version, though, I don't see the plot demanding that the two meet up again. There is nothing to be resolved between them. I suppose they could clash over feelings toward Daenerys, or perhaps differing opinions on how to prosecute the War for the Dawn. 

37 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

The first third of Game was written, including the budding friendship between the dwarf and the bastard, with the idea of having Jon and Tyrion reunite and clash over romantic feelings toward Arya. With the way their relationship formed and ended in the published version, though, I don't see the plot demanding that the two meet up again. There is nothing to be resolved between them. I suppose they could clash over feelings toward Daenerys, or perhaps differing opinions on how to prosecute the War for the Dawn. 

Fair speculation, but GRRM has said that the outline was made up. We know it crossed his mind as he wrote it and he does seem to like triangles, but we don't know how serious he ever was about any of it. Tyrion wasn't a dwarf in the outline, but he wasn't in the published work.

Also, GRRM tends to rewrite and we don't know if AGOT underwent rewrites either before finally being published. The first draft or any subsequent drafts may have been drastically different than what we actually got.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Lollygag said:

I have often thought that she may get brought in with the grouping and could be a bridge between Jon and Dany.

They will probably meet up when Dany makes the crossing to Westeros. Whenever that might be. After Victarion, and the two dragons that remained there, burn down Meereen so she can finally escape that hellhole. If Jon takes back Winterfell with the help of Stannis then Tyrion would want to make contact to try and get Stark support for Dany. Or just to get the lay of the land. 

Archived