Jump to content
Lord_Tarly

Edmure Tully

Recommended Posts

Thinking about that character.... I love house Tully, and I wonder how it'll go for the future of this house. Lord Edmure being currently held as a hostage in Casterly Rock, and his wife Roslin Frey pregnant of his heir, what do you think will happen to this house? Will it go extinct, become landed knight house or a bannerman of house Frey, or simply take back Riverrun and restore it's control over the Riverlands? Let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet it will be something unsuspected.  Given Jeyne is in the prologue I think we can expect something violent and interesting from it, and Edmure should be in the same group as her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House Tully will regain Riverrunn with the help of the Blackfish, who will die storming the castle. Edmure will become a war hero like his uncle and remain great lord of the Riverlands. Roslin will remain his wife and Edmure will spare the innocent Freys like Olyvar but will have one of the Twins permantly destroyed and lands reduced and givin to loyal bannerman like the Mallisters and Blackwoods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lord_Tarly said:

 Lord Edmure being currently held as a hostage in Casterly Rock, and his wife Roslin Frey pregnant of his heir, what do you think will happen to this house? Will it go extinct, become landed knight house or a bannerman of house Frey, or simply take back Riverrun and restore it's control over the Riverlands? Let me know!

actually Edmure was on his way to Casterly Rock but the question is will he make it? I suspect that Blackfish and the BWB will make an attempt to free Edmure and then it will be a full on Tully versus Frey war in the Riverlands . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmure is currently on his way to Casterly Rock, but he's being escorted by Jaime's men through the Riverlands, which is where Blackfish and the Brotherhood without Banners are somewhere waiting to strike. And now that Jaime has gone off with Brienne, who knows what will happen. I think Edmure will get rescued before making it to Casterly Rock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's repeated a number of times (only partial below) that Emmon Frey wants Edmure dead. Rather obsessed about it actually so I'm sure Emmon will factor in here somehow. Not as clear on Genna being involved. As Emmon and Genna have lived at Casterly Rock until they got Riverrun, Emmon knows the terrain.

AFFC Jaime V

"That's how I see it too. Our good-uncle Emm . . . ah, Lord Emmon, that is . . . he wants Edmure hanged at once. The presence of a Tully Lord of Riverrun distresses him almost as much as the prospective birth of yet another. Daily he beseeches me to make Ser Ryman dangle Tully, never mind how.

 

AFFC Jaime VII

"Hang Edmure Tully, for a start," urged Lord Emmon Frey. "That will teach Ser Brynden that we mean what we say. If we send Ser Edmure's head to his uncle, it may move him to yield."

...

Lord Emmon rubbed his mouth. His hand came away red and slimy from the sourleaf. "To be sure. Riverrun is mine, and no man shall ever take it from me." He gave Edmure Tully one last suspicious look, as Lady Genna drew him from the solar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either the Blackfish will rescue both Edmure and Jeyne from Jamie's escort towards Casterly rock, or Edmure will be executed at Casterly rock when some Tully loyalist takes Riverrun and murders half the Freys in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Blackfish Tully said:

actually Edmure was on his way to Casterly Rock but the question is will he make it? I suspect that Blackfish and the BWB will make an attempt to free Edmure and then it will be a full on Tully versus Frey war in the Riverlands . 

A rescue attempt is going to require (imo at least) Jaime. He knows he orders given and that if Anyone tries to rescue the prisoners the prisoners should be killed. This might be a good way for him to save himself from Stoneheart actually. (Or it comes after he has already saved himself. As it’s probably the prologue I hope we would see the actual confrontation in flashback at least). He joins the convoy and gets Edmure and Jeyne out of harms way before the rescue begins. Maybe. Have to admit that what goes down in the Riverlands is so full of possibility and probably one of my favourite areas to speculate on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

A rescue attempt is going to require (imo at least) Jaime. He knows he orders given and that if Anyone tries to rescue the prisoners the prisoners should be killed. This might be a good way for him to save himself from Stoneheart actually. (Or it comes after he has already saved himself. As it’s probably the prologue I hope we would see the actual confrontation in flashback at least). He joins the convoy and gets Edmure and Jeyne out of harms way before the rescue begins. Maybe. Have to admit that what goes down in the Riverlands is so full of possibility and probably one of my favourite areas to speculate on

I wonder if Stoneheart even cares about Edmure and Riverrunn, her character seems pretty bent on pure revenge and she hates Jamie probably most of all atm. I agree that Jamie is the only "safe" way to rescue the prisoners but I believe he ordered the prisoners sent to KL immediatly and then went the opposite direction with Brienne? So catching the prisoner escort would be very difficult if not impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

I wonder if Stoneheart even cares about Edmure and Riverrunn, her character seems pretty bent on pure revenge and she hates Jamie probably most of all atm. I agree that Jamie is the only "safe" way to rescue the prisoners but I believe he ordered the prisoners sent to KL immediatly and then went the opposite direction with Brienne? So catching the prisoner escort would be very difficult if not impossible. 

I don’t think she isn’t bent purely on revenge, she still cares about her family. She has the BwB looking for Arya, including the orphanage as a sort of honeytrap for lost children. She has Robb’s crown and seems to contemplate it for reasons as yet unknown. People see her as a mindless revenge zombie and I’m not sure that’s entirely accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt there will still be freys in the end, or at least freys who still hold power, their reputation is so damaged that no other house will probably take any of them as page aside from lannisters, and they are most likely to be destroyed by BWB or Stannis, If not, then the Others will do the job. Edmure will still be Riverlands, he's a good guy so I doubt we'll see him just killed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Edmure but don't see him escaping captivity anytime soon. I don't see him dying either though. He seems like a good man for peacetime, but didn't appear to be to competent during wartime, so it's probably for the best that he sits out any further conflicts out. My thing with the Riverlands is...they're fucked. no matter who does what. maybe after this series ends he'll get out of captivity and do an ok job restoring things and keeping peace, but until then I don't see him making a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his sister Catelyn and uncle Brynden will end up saving him and restoring him to Riverrun. From there, after purging the Riverlands of Freys, they will have to do one of three things:

  • head north to Winterfell to deal with Stannis and/or the Boltons
  • head west to Casterly Rock with Jaime in order to properly injure the Lannisters
  • head east to the Gates of the Moon once they catch wind of Sansa

Possibly excluding Brienne and the Blackfish, I don't think anyone outside of the Vale is going into the Vale after Sansa. Sansa looks like she's going to be on her own for a while. Poor thing.

Going west to Casterly Rock is the more likelier scenario because they have Jaime and there is no way he cannot be weaponized against House Lannister.

I don't see Stoneheart or the BwB heading North until Jon is resurrected and is given the Tully-Stark kingdom as Robb's successor. Maybe not even until after Arya returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As some have already said ITT, it's obvious to me that Edmure will be rescued somewhere on the road between Riverrun and Casterly Rock, along with Jeyne Westerling.  Hopefully Walder Frey will have released his highborn prisoners by this point so the Greatjohn and Marq Piper and the others can take part.

Emmon Frey won't hold Riverrun for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×