Lord Varys

[SPOILERS] Jaehaerys and Alysanne

2 hours ago, Urien the Ragged said:

So, it's probably been discussed, but does the apoearance of Alyssa Targaryen, daughter of Jahaerys and Alysanne, pretty much prove Tyrion is the son of Aerys? Or is GRRM messing with us?

GRRM has said there are things that readers will find that are red herrings, and things that are not. Which those are are up to readers to decide for themselves.

So, I've started to wonder if George has forshadowed the fates of Jon and Daynaerys. Aegon lived for threes days. Could 3 days be the length of Jons death? Danny dying via the shivers possibly hinting at danaerys becoming an ice queen character or simply being killed via ice magic?

Ultimately after finishing this half, Ive just found the lives of Jaheareys and his family to be incredibly tragic. Particularly characters like Rhaena and Alysanne. Like damn dude...talk about demoralizing stuff haha.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, Aemon Darkbrother said:

So, I've started to wonder if George has forshadowed the fates of Jon and Daynaerys. Aegon lived for threes days. Could 3 days be the length of Jons death? Danny dying via the shivers possibly hinting at danaerys becoming an ice queen character or simply being killed via ice magic?

This Aegon (Alysanne and Jaehaerys's) was one of eleven known Aegon Targaryens. I really doubt his fate means anything for Jon, no more than the fates of Aegon the Lord f Dragonstone, Kings Aegon one to five, Aegon the Uncrowned, or Rhaegar's Aegon. Plus, it is not even confirmed Jon's 'real' name is Aegon. This is show-only until further books prove otherwise.

And Daenerys's fate will probably be nothing like the first one's. Dany's not dying from Shivers or greyscale, nor is the Shivers some metaphor for ice and cold, no more than the winter fever is, or the Great Spring Sickness, or anything else. I think Prince Aeryn becoming Princess Daenerys had more to do with 'child of three' theme of Daenerys's story than anything else.

30 minutes ago, Alyssa of House Arryn said:

And Daenerys's fate will probably be nothing like the first one's. Dany's not dying from Shivers or greyscale, nor is the Shivers some metaphor for ice and cold, no more than the winter fever is, or the Great Spring Sickness, or anything else. I think Prince Aeryn becoming Princess Daenerys had more to do with 'child of three' theme of Daenerys's story than anything else.

There was/is a parallel there, with Aegon and his sister-wives being the first 'three heads of the dragon' with Daenerys, Aemon, and Baelon foreshadowing the second triangle of dragon heads in the main series.

The first Daenerys was at the center of attention between her two brothers, much the same way our Dany is likely going to be in the center between her two other dragon heads. No idea whether the first Daenerys had married both her brothers - very unlikely, actually - but due to her early death that possibility was never even on the table.