Lord Varys

[SPOILERS] The Dance (unabridged version) including the reign of Viserys I

56 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I expect Daeron and Tessarion originally stayed in Oldtown. The boy was barely fourteen, like Jace, in early 129 AC.

If true, that should have been mentioned.

1 minute ago, The Grey Wolf said:

If true, that should have been mentioned.

In a sense it is. Ormund would not ask for (additional) dragons if he had one at the time. Nor would the Blacks have been so confident of victory if they had known there was a dragon there - after all, they are all afraid of Tessarion when the dragon is there, no?

It could have been phrased better.

Honestly, I feel like there should have been a dozen more major battles. That way the Dance's reputation and numbers would make more sense since the armies would be smaller but there would be more of them either in the field at the same time or were called up to replace those that fell in battle.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

It could have been phrased better.

Honestly, I feel like there should have been a dozen more major battles. That way the Dance's reputation and numbers would make more sense since the armies would be smaller but there would be more of them either in the field at the same time or were called up to replace those that fell in battle.

I think the Dance of the Dragons can justify now noteworthy it is due to the large numbers of battles involving dragons, and the resulting deaths of so many dragons and Targaryens. It doesn’t need huge numbers of actual deaths in war to earn itself a reputation.