[SPOILERS] Source criticism

Lord Varys

This one is for trying to figure out where Gyldayn and his sources are farther or closer to *the truth*. To the degree we can make sense of that at all.

The more outlandish the theories the more likely they are true. Or was it the outer way around ;-)?

I think that there are supposed to be hints that some of the more outlandish things that are mentioned are downplayed as tall tales either through prejudice or deliberately. For instance the tale of Syrax's death where the Warrior supposedly took form and decapitated her made me think of shadowbinding and how Renly died. Of course the subsequent text made the Shepperd look just like another run of the mill nutjob.

Other than that with Mushroom's departure from King's Landing I found myself wanting to read his Testimony. 

6 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

Other than that with Mushroom's departure from King's Landing I found myself wanting to read his Testimony. 

And I wanted to follow Coryanne Wylde on her journey ;-).

13 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Well, I was on the "trust Mushroom" train right up until he is said to have loved or been fond of Rhaenyra.  Now I know his testimony is tainted.   

Well, he also tells the stories about her and Daemon on the rocks (and his large member helping them), so one never knows what 'being fond of' a person means in that context.

Archived