Mysaria? [Possible spoilers]

Fire and Blood has been released and it has not yet come to my country, but I love seeing many threads about the different characters, both old and new, but I am wondering if anybody can mention anything about Daemon Targaryen's mistress, Mysaria? Nothing too specific, but is she mentioned in the book? Does she have a more elaborate backstory, other than just being Daemon's mistress and being pregnant with his child, which she lost? Are we told why her rivals called her the White Worm?

Check the thread on the Dance. I lay out in detail who I think Mysaria was and why she did what she did. Would like to hear your take on that one.

Here is the post:

We can discuss the thing here, too.

Well, The White Worm really could be a lot of things, like Tyanna of the Tower was a lot of things or Visenya was a lot of things.   I want to get an e-book, or better yet, the search engine, to read about all of them without the editorial comments.   Mysaria seemed to give reasonably good council up to a certain point.    She got a really raw deal with Daemon, but didn't all his women?   This character has multiple back doors left ajar explicitly for speculation.   And it's time to really take a look at the sources where Rhaenyra and the Dance of Dragons is concerned.   All these characters could use a Viserys to stand up and check the facts in front of everyone for them.   

The best I can offer is that our Arya Stark is a lot of things.   

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the passage on Daemon's death in F&B, and it's amazing how much depth has been added to this scene with just a few additional details. 

For one, the fact that Mysaria, Daemon's long-time paramour who was pregnant with his child while he was married to another woman, thinks that Nettles is a traitor who should be executed for sleeping with Daemon and possibly falling pregnant while he was married to another woman is highly suspicious. She's described in a way that's extremely menacing and sly when putting forth this information, which presumably serves to highlight her grey morality. 

The scene where Daemon receives Rhaenyra's letter is even more suspicious. He's described as showing profound sadness upon reading it, rather than the anger we're used to seeing from him. And now his statement about "a queen's words, a whore's work" is something to ponder: like most readers, I assumed that he was rudely referring to Rhaenyra here when I read The Princess and the Queen. But now knowing what we know about Mysaria's role in this, and his melancholic reaction, it makes me wonder if the "whore" he was referring to was actually Mysaria, who was whispering in Rhaenyra's ear (not unlike Varys did to Aerys). Did Rhaenyra mention Mysaria in her letter? Did Daemon deduce as much just from his own suspicions about his mistress?

I'm very interested in the story behind this. Daemon believing that Rhaenyra was the victim of Mysaria's manipulations would actually contribute to her being more of a tragic figure than a mad queen. 

On 11/23/2018 at 12:35 AM, Rahul Nair said:

Just finished blood and fire. Why do I get the feeling that Mysaria was a red priestess.

I think the same, she has to be a red priestesses. Also the way that she is treated by Rhaenyra looks like the way Seleyse does with Mellisandra. Targaryans are ok with every religion, so also with Rhollor. She also seemed to know things that are very accurate. 

On 12/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I just read the passage on Daemon's death in F&B, and it's amazing how much depth has been added to this scene with just a few additional details. 

For one, the fact that Mysaria, Daemon's long-time paramour who was pregnant with his child while he was married to another woman, thinks that Nettles is a traitor who should be executed for sleeping with Daemon and possibly falling pregnant while he was married to another woman is highly suspicious. She's described in a way that's extremely menacing and sly when putting forth this information, which presumably serves to highlight her grey morality. 

The scene where Daemon receives Rhaenyra's letter is even more suspicious. He's described as showing profound sadness upon reading it, rather than the anger we're used to seeing from him. And now his statement about "a queen's words, a whore's work" is something to ponder: like most readers, I assumed that he was rudely referring to Rhaenyra here when I read The Princess and the Queen. But now knowing what we know about Mysaria's role in this, and his melancholic reaction, it makes me wonder if the "whore" he was referring to was actually Mysaria, who was whispering in Rhaenyra's ear (not unlike Varys did to Aerys). Did Rhaenyra mention Mysaria in her letter? Did Daemon deduce as much just from his own suspicions about his mistress?

I'm very interested in the story behind this. Daemon believing that Rhaenyra was the victim of Mysaria's manipulations would actually contribute to her being more of a tragic figure than a mad queen. 

What makes you think Nettles was pregnant?

Archived