Lord Walder Bolton

Lady Walda has a fertile feel.  I would like for her to survive the war in the north long enough to have and raise a son or two.  Roose Bolton is capable of raising a decent son.  We know this because of Domeric.  Everything we know about Lady Walda suggests that she would raise a good son.  I like the Freys and would be thrilled to have this young man assume the title of Warden Of The North and Lord of the Dreadfort.   The Starks lose their paramount status but they get to keep Winterfell and the surrounding land.  They rebelled after all and it would be grossly unfair to have them get back everything.  The Starks rebelled twice within a short span of time.  They cannot be trusted.

The union between houses Bolton and Frey could be good for the north.  Trade goods passing through might get charged with lower toll.  A former Stark foster like Big Walder taking over the lordship of The Twins is a win for all sides.  This peace would necessitate that the Starks who want to cause more trouble be removed from this picture.  Jon Snow and Arya Stark will both have to die.  I have no problems with them getting a second life as wolves.       

5 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Lady Walda has a fertile feel.  I would like for her to survive the war in the north long enough to have and raise a son or two.  Roose Bolton is capable of raising a decent son.  We know this because of Domeric.  Everything we know about Lady Walda suggests that she would raise a good son.  I like the Freys and would be thrilled to have this young man assume the title of Warden Of The North and Lord of the Dreadfort.   The Starks lose their paramount status but they get to keep Winterfell and the surrounding land.  They rebelled after all and it would be grossly unfair to have them get back everything.  The Starks rebelled twice within a short span of time.  They cannot be trusted.

The union between houses Bolton and Frey could be good for the north.  Trade goods passing through might get charged with lower toll.  A former Stark foster like Big Walder taking over the lordship of The Twins is a win for all sides.  This peace would necessitate that the Starks who want to cause more trouble be removed from this picture.  Jon Snow and Arya Stark will both have to die.  I have no problems with them getting a second life as wolves.       

I don't really care much what happens to the north and the Starks as long as they don't get themselves involved in anything below Moat Cailin.  They can become kings of north again and it would be fine with me as long as they stay in the north and mind their own business.  

4 hours ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

It would certainly be a twist, but it wont happen.  xD

Don't be so sure.  It is unlikely but more interesting than the Starks getting their castle back.

6 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I do believe Lady Walda will survive long enough to have a child unless that child is killed by one of the anti-Bolton factions in the north (Manderly). I really like Roose Bolton, he is the kind of lord that I admire, as he is ambitious, cunning, and smart. But still, he gained his status by betraying the one King the north recognised and usurped the starks ancestral seat, that's gonna bite him soon. 

Tho I admire your devotion to House Frey, I don't see House Frey remaining alive for more than 10 years, by my reckoning at least half of the Freys will be killed off and I'm still unsure whether the Freys will still be able to keep the Twins. If they do keep the Twins, they will likely be reduced to nothing more than petty lords with a grand castle. Walder had a great plan with the Red Wedding since Tywin would protect him, but Tywin is dead and Walder forgets that the Twins is the closest castle that borders the North, an easy target for the Northmen to exact their revenge on the Freys once the North recovers from the war. Whether Roose likes it or not, his bannermen and the whole North will not allow the Freys to live comfortably in the Twins and once the North is strong enough and united whether it be under Stark or Bolton control, they will have to march south and kill some freys.

7 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The idea is intriguing , but we all know that if the child is male Ramsay will kill him , and that Roose would prefer a girl .

6 hours ago, Son of Man said:

Don't be so sure.  It is unlikely but more interesting than the Starks getting their castle back.

I think Jon Snow is my favourite character in the books, but I don't have this irrational bias towards the Starks like this guy has for the Freys. Otherwise all my comments would be about how fantastic Jon is, and how he has never done anything wrong, and how he will be King of the World by the end of the last book. xD

I'm not necessarily saying that House Stark will have a happy ending, but I don't see the Boltons and the Freys coming out of this on top. 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:01 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Anything like this will have to wait until the spring thaw.  Winter is the time for the Starks.  Living in a winter shrouded land to a Stark is like living near an active volcano is to a Valyrian.  It gives them the edge.  The Starks will have a brief return to glory when the snows get deep and winter darken the north.  They will die before spring and maybe Walder Bolton can reclaim the north.  

21 hours ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

The idea is intriguing , but we all know that if the child is male Ramsay will kill him , and that Roose would prefer a girl .

Walda might get Ramsay first.  

17 hours ago, King Aegon I Targaryen said:

I think Jon Snow is my favourite character in the books, but I don't have this irrational bias towards the Starks like this guy has for the Freys. Otherwise all my comments would be about how fantastic Jon is, and how he has never done anything wrong, and how he will be King of the World by the end of the last book. xD

I'm not necessarily saying that House Stark will have a happy ending, but I don't see the Boltons and the Freys coming out of this on top. 

You're looking at this situation from one end and I'm on the opposite side.  I myself am not a Frey fan but I dislike Jon.  The same criticism that you're leveling at the op can be made against Jon's fans.  Browse the forum and you will see the number of threads inventing a downfall for Daenerys in order to benefit Jon.  You might say they're in the Jon Support Group.  It works both ways.  The OP may be in the Frey Fan Club.  Nothing wrong in that.  I'm in the Daenerys Fan Club.  

47 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

You're looking at this situation from one end and I'm on the opposite side.  I myself am not a Frey fan but I dislike Jon.  The same criticism that you're leveling at the op can be made against Jon's fans.  Browse the forum and you will see the number of threads inventing a downfall for Daenerys in order to benefit Jon.  You might say they're in the Jon Support Group.  It works both ways.  The OP may be in the Frey Fan Club.  Nothing wrong in that.  I'm in the Daenerys Fan Club.  

And I also don't agree with these people creating scenarios which will cause Daenerys' downfall to benefit Jon. Just as I don't agree with creating scenarios in which the Starks look like the scumbags of the earth in order to make the Freys and Boltons look better. Just because Jon Snow is my favourite character, it doesn't mean I'm blind to his many faults. The fact that these characters have faults is what makes them interesting. 

On 11/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, The Young Maester said:

Tho I admire your devotion to House Frey, I don't see House Frey remaining alive for more than 10 years, ..snip..

I agree with this, especially after Lord Frey finally passes.

He seems to be holding this whole family together, after that I think it's every Frey for theirselves. 

Due to House Freys number it is likely that a larger number of Freys will die than say Starks. The death ratio of House Frey may also be higher than that of other houses due to anti-Frey stigma. Stigma that has it's roots in House Frey's history prior to the red wedding aswell as Walder Frey's reign. Since House Frey is spread out many may also survive due to non Frey familial ties.

The Freys have a much better chance of survival than the Starks.  The Others will have to pass through the north before they can get to the Riverlands.  The Starks and most of their bannermen will get wightified and those zombies will be the ones to kill a lot of Freys.  It's a good thing there are many Freys scattered all over Westeros.  

On 11/28/2018 at 12:25 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The Freys have a much better chance of survival than the Starks.  The Others will have to pass through the north before they can get to the Riverlands.  The Starks and most of their bannermen will get wightified and those zombies will be the ones to kill a lot of Freys.  It's a good thing there are many Freys scattered all over Westeros.  

I definitely agree that the Freys will survive as a house, and the entire North along with the Starks have a higher chance of going extinct when compared to Walder's lot. One thing I'm sure is that the Freys will go through a stage where at least half of the family members (around 80 Freys) will die either at the hands of angry Northmen and rivermen or by killing each other which is likely to happen when old Walder Frey dies of old age. With Edwyn as heir and Black Walder no doubt desiring the lordship. This brotherly rivalry will be the start of Frey civil war, in which similarly to the war of the five kings, different Frey factions will emerge and fight each other, such as the Crakehall Freys, the Rosby Freys, and many others.

Walda is down right smitten with her Leech Lord and Roose seems to really enjoy her as well. Does Ramsay already know of the epic love story that is Walda and Roose, or Waldoose as they are sometimes called? Or does Ramsay think Roose only cares about Walda because of the men and dowry he received through his marriage to her?

I feel like Ramsay knows that the current amount of Freys in the North can be a problem for him in the long term. A surplus of Freys in the North will make Ramsay think twice about harming Walda or any children she has and those children will be a threat to Ramsay's claims in the future. The Freys will expect any sons of Roose and Walda to be Roose's true heirs to the Dreadfort and Warden of the North title and possibly even Winterfell. I think it's because of these reasons that Ramsay might have killed(or had someone else kill) Little Walder Frey, in hopes that the blame would be put on Marderly and they'd start killing each other, eliminating two enemies that could be a problem for Ramsay down the road. 

I think the Freys did their due diligence and found out about what type of person Ramsay was before Walda married Roose and planned on keeping a close eye on Ramsay after Stannis was put down, forcing Ramsay to act before the Stannis situation was handled. The somewhat mysteries death of Domeric Bolton is very much in the minds of the Freys(as Walda even mentions Domeric in one of her love letters to Roose) and they are not about to let the same thing happen to Walda or her future children. So I don't see them leaving her alone in the North even after the wars are fought. Say what you want about Walder and the Freys but they look out for and take care of their own blood. I'm sure Walder Frey always planned on leaving a gaggle of Freys around the Dreadfort, eclipsing the amount of Lannisters that were in King's Landing after Cersei married Robert.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Freys are doing to Roose Bolton something similar to what they are doing to Edmure Tully? Provide an alluring wife, ensure that she is pregnant, and then marginalize or get rid of the father after the heir is considered healthy and likely to survive?

Of course, Edmure and Roose are not alike in most ways that readers care to consider, including Roose having a legitimized adult son who is already positioning himself as a major heir to northern houses.

Archived